• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Help With Project Korra's Chat Color

grego

Verified Member
Hello,
So when I make prefixes with my permission plugin, the players name that is colored to match their element changes so that it is no longer colored and can't change. I have seen this around on other servers as well, but I wanted to know. Is there a color code used to make the players name change color? Even if there is another option (other than making a suffix instead of a prefix) I would like to know. I know this is not important, but it's a nifty feature and I want to be able to use it if possible.

Thank you in advanced.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
that was confusing so I will do my best to answer this.

if your having trouble because you’re changing the color and it’s not showing in chat, that’s probably because you gave Pk chat management enabled in the config. go to the language yml file in the ProjectKorra folder to disable Pk chat so that your permission plugin can override it.

If you don’t actually know how to change the color of someone’s name, then you need to research the permissions plugin you’re using. find out what the command is to give someone a prefix. once you know the command, give them the prefix of a color code. for example, to make someone’s name red I would give them a prefix “&c”.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I believe you are wanting players names to be the color of their element, correct? If so, in your chat formatting plugin, add a {ELEMENTCOLOR} prefix and that will insert the matching color code of the player's element.

grego

Verified Member
I believe you are wanting players names to be the color of their element, correct? If so, in your chat formatting plugin, add a {ELEMENTCOLOR} prefix and that will insert the matching color code of the player's element.
That is what I was looking for. Thank you!