• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fireblast variation

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
Hello! I was thinking about fire bending earlier and I got an idea on how to make it a bit more interesting :)

I'm sure all of us are familiar with @jedk1 and his water arms, not to mention the ability to switch modes while still on the move. So I thought "Hey, that could give fire the variety it needs!"

How it's used: Fireblast its self won't change much, except where it's given a mini arsenal of attacks in its own! My idea is that it'll be activated when you tap shift on fireblast (before doing anything else with it), it'll give you multiple varieties to choose from a lot like water arms.

blast
This move won't change at all, it'll still be our loveable fireblast on the first slot.

Jab
On the 2nd slot, you'll find the move called "Jab". This'll be a faster, non-flammable version with a smaller cool down, range, hitbox, and damage output than blast. (will be configurable)

Stream
On the 3rd slot, you'll find the move called "Stream". A lot like air sweep, this move let's you shoot a linear beam of Fire that you can move while it shoots. Unlike the other two, it requires you to hold shift before you release the attack. This one will have a longer cool down than all of them, and instead of instant damage it'll deal continuous damage depending on how long the person is within the stream. (will be configurable)

This mode can be escaped just like water arms, with a simply hold shift and double click.

Please leave comments and criticism below :)

Last edited:

Migsel

Verified Member
Cool! Also, you should add a variation that makes it like Torrent. That would be cool.

Janny

Verified Member
Hello! I was thinking about fire bending earlier and I got an idea on how to make it a bit more interesting :)

I'm sure all of us are familiar with @jedk1 and his water arms, not to mention the ability to switch modes while still on the move. So I thought "Hey, that could give fire the variety it needs!"

How it's used: Fireblast its self won't change much, except where it's given a mini arsenal of attacks in its own! My idea is that it'll be activated when you tap shift on fireblast (before doing anything else with it), it'll give you multiple varieties to choose from a lot like water arms.

blast
This move won't change at all, it'll still be our loveable fireblast on the first slot.

Jab
On the 2nd slot, you'll find the move called "Jab". This'll be a faster, non-flammable version with a smaller cool down, range, hitbox, and damage output than blast. (will be configurable)

Stream
On the 3rd slot, you'll find the move called "Stream". A lot like air sweep, this move let's you shoot a linear beam of Fire that you can move while it shoots. Unlike the other two, it requires you to hold shift before you release the attack. This one will have a longer cool down than all of them, and instead of instant damage it'll deal continuous damage depending on how long the person is within the stream. (will be configurable)

This mode can be escaped just like water arms, with a simply hold shift and double click.

Please leave comments and criticism below :)
Love it, love it, LOVE IT! I absolutely 140% want this to be added!

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
I want to make it clear that this isn't destroying the way on which you use fireblast, you can still switch to fireblast and punch. But, after you punch you'll have to switch out and switch back in order to activate the selective fireblast.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is a pretty big change to fireblast, I would kinda turn this into a firewhips ability instead of being put into fireblast. For the firewhips ability just remove the fireblast part, and modify them to fit a whips style. Just a suggestion

djmyernos

Verified Member
You can escape waterarms by shifting and double clicking? Good to know...

Also, I think this idea is cool, but would be better served as an entire new move like @White_Knight28 said.

Loony

Verified Member
I don't think this would really be canon. Waterarms is based from the show. In the show the Waterarms had many features.
Fire bender's having multi ability moves wouldn't make much sense.
And I think more attack moves is the last thing Firebender's need at the moment.

~Loony

SchvinDZC

Verified Member
I actually think this is a pretty good idea. The current uncharged fireblast doesn't suit every situation, and having more options would be nice. This wouldn't just have to be for fireblast either - other abilities from other elements could get "MultiAbilities" too. I think it would be a good way to vary moves without adding a bunch of new binds.

Status
Not open for further replies.