• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Fire Torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: Fire
Ability: FireTorrent, this will be like torrent, but with less knockback, same damage, and burning. This will be activated by a firecombo. I give 75% credit of this to CaptainSnikers
FireCombo: this would be 3 shifts on fireblast, a click on blaze, and then shift on fireblast to bring the torrent ring around you. This should be able to be redirected by other firebenders, but that should need a bit of skill, unlike how you redirect earthblast and a little harder then watermanipulation.

owlcool

Verified Member
I need some constructive critism on this. Like In my signature, there needs to be fire that can be moved from left to right or right to left.

David

Verified Member
I don't like this because it goes against the stereotype of firebending, fire being hard to control. It's extremely rare for a bender to redirect fore completely, changing its course, although I am not against some type of fire stream, though. The only bender that I can recall who has 100% redirected fire, was Avatar Wan.

I think Fire would be kinda OP with redirection abilities (other than lightning, of course).

owlcool

Verified Member
I don't like this because it goes against the stereotype of firebending, fire being hard to control. It's extremely rare for a bender to redirect fore completely, changing its course, although I am not against some type of fire stream, though. The only bender that I can recall who has 100% redirected fire, was Avatar Wan.

I think Fire would be kinda OP with redirection abilities (other than lightning, of course).
First off, stereotypes? For rls? This is basically a larger scale version of the fire wheels in that dragon episode. Second, fire would only redirect firetorrent. Not torrent, not fireblast.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
First off, stereotypes? For rls? This is basically a larger scale version of the fire wheels in that dragon episode. Second, fire would only redirect firetorrent. Not torrent, not fireblast.
Exactly what David stated. Most fire attacks were blocked by more fire or simply withstood, not redirected. Redirection, as mentioned by Iroh when teaching Zuko to redirect lightning, was something he found out by studying waterbending. It's the element of change. Fire isn't meant to redirect fire, albeit his opponent's blast of fire, or his own.

Last edited:

Emerald_Emperor

Verified Member
I had this on my post, and I thought this is really like yours, so please take a look, and this is only a little of the stuff i have on my post.

http://projectkorra.com/threads/smoke-bending.636/

===========================================================================
Fire benders should get smoke bending when they master fire bending, you right-click on an already existing fire and the you move it around and it is like a half-slab of pure smoke particles. If you get it from lava it circles around you. And I don't know about damage, whatever is average. It would look like black air particles.

(I may be talking about some other plugins here and there because I had this idea on a server that uses this, and I just really want to see it put in as another move)

Last edited:

Zolteex

Verified Member
There is no need for this ability, because we are not aiming to make copies of other abilities just for the sake of having new ones. Thank you for your activity on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.