• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied EarthSmash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just a little addon for EarthSmash -

When you are moving a raised earthsmash around, if you hit a player, the earthsmash will act sort of like a bat and hit the player dealing by default 2 damage, and they would be knocked back about the amount that shockwave does.

After the EarthSmash has hit multiple entities, it will break. By default 4 or 5 seems logical to me, but this is configurable.

Thanks for reading! Post suggestions!!

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Shouldn't this be in the earthsmash community post? Well, I guess I heard a while ago earthsmash was added to core, and I do think that would be pretty annoying to chiblockers. It could also get chained amounts of damage if it does not do enough knockback, or knockback in the right direction. If this were to be added, it should break the earthsmash after it hits a entity.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Shouldn't this be in the earthsmash community post? Well, I guess I heard a while ago earthsmash was added to core, and I do think that would be pretty annoying to chiblockers. It could also get chained amounts of damage if it does not do enough knockback, or knockback in the right direction. If this were to be added, it should break the earthsmash after it hits a entity.
After hitting multiple entities I would agree it should break. Not just after hitting one though. Of course it would be configurable.

I added that to the main post

owlcool

Verified Member
After hitting multiple entities I would agree it should break. Not just after hitting one though. Of course it would be configurable.

I added that to the main post
Chaining multiple hits with that might just do more damage then the earthsmash itself. .-.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
1 heart per hit and it does the same knockback as shockwave. I don't think you'll be able to hit the same target more than once. If you hit them then shot the earthsmash, that'd do more damage.

owlcool

Verified Member
1 heart per hit and it does the same knockback as shockwave. I don't think you'll be able to hit the same target more than once. If you hit them then shot the earthsmash, that'd do more damage.
Ohhh, thought it was two hearts, lol. My bad.
xD XD XD XD XD XD

EndersShadows

Verified Member
I hate when people say "damage" over "hearts" just more confusion.

On the matter though, why should it break? Octopusform doesn't break after smacking four players away. I'm sure minecraft material are much more solid than if real dirt was clumped together and thrown about :p

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Water is more fluid than earth, it can be pulled back together easier than earth.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Water's pretty darn heavy though, you're bound to lose some water as it gets soaked up by people's clothes and similar. I'm sure earthsmash is packed enough that it'd last as long as a single octopusform. Aside from that though, having it disappear after several hits is just more programming for the developers, as litte as it is.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Water's pretty darn heavy though, you're bound to lose some water as it gets soaked up by people's clothes and similar. I'm sure earthsmash is packed enough that it'd last as long as a single octopusform. Aside from that though, having it disappear after several hits is just more programming for the developers, as litte as it is.
True. I think we should let the devs decide on that if they implement this. I think it should at least be configurable.

paliate

Verified Member
earthsmash will act sort of like a bat
May i just say that the mental image i received when i read that made me laugh so hard i choked on my drink.

Nonetheless, the damage that you are saying it will do is ridiculous "4 or 5" that's full health right there, i'm not even going to mention how EASY it is to move earthsmash aswell.

Seems a bit overpowered.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Not 4 or 5 damage, that's how many times it can hit players before it breaks. It would do 2 damage.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
May i just say that the mental image i received when i read that made me laugh so hard i choked on my drink.

Nonetheless, the damage that you are saying it will do is ridiculous "4 or 5" that's full health right there, i'm not even going to mention how EASY it is to move earthsmash aswell.

Seems a bit overpowered.
You are another victim of the confusion brought upon us by "hearts" and "damage." When he says "damage" he means half a heart. Not a full heart of "damage" but a half heart. 4-5 "damage" = 2.5 "hearts" There is a difference between the two.

If you're rereading the above bit, basically: 4 - 5 damage actually = 2 - 2.5 hearts.

Migsel

Verified Member
I actually think that one bucket of sand is heavier than one bucket of water.

owlcool

Verified Member
You never saw someone get soaked from a waterbender unless it was from something like a water wave, in atla or lok, xD xD xD

Besides, I don't think earth needs a move like this, octopusform is water's defense from all sides. Earth has earthgrab.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
You never saw someone get soaked from a waterbender unless it was from something like a water wave, in atla or lok, xD xD xD
I am referring to real life experiences. Once again you're throwing random crap around as if you're all knowing :\

owlcool

Verified Member
I am referring to real life experiences. Once again you're throwing random crap around as if you're all knowing :\
Then look at my second point. You never saw a earthbender just wating around with a boulder floating in the air waiting for the opponent to come within range. Waterbenders never ran out of water because they Reused water.

paliate

Verified Member
Has this been done?
Because i'm pretty sure that you can throw earthsmashes back and forth and after a while it breaks, And some of the time you take damage while you stop it and throw it back.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Has this been done?
Because i'm pretty sure that you can throw earthsmashes back and forth and after a while it breaks, And some of the time you take damage while you stop it and throw it back.
I wasn't talking about throwing the EarthSmash, I'm talking about when you are holding shift to move it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.