• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth's Rhythm (EarthSmash)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Look at this thread, http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/earths-rhythm.2420/, so you can understand why I made this thread.

EarthSmash: throwing a boulder

Destruction: This would allow EarthSmash to break through easily broken blocks that would usually require less than an iron pickaxe. This would only break blocks when it's shot, no drops come in the outcome. I have two ways this could work;
HitPoints: Certain blocks deal certain damages to the earthsmash and the earthsmash has a set amount of hitpoints it can take. So the earthsmash would by default have 20 hitpoints, and woodenplanks would deal 1 - 2 damage to the earthsmash. When it's hitpoints are gone, the earthsmash goes away like it does normally.

Move Transference: This would allow earthsmash to do some pretty neat things. Here's what I've thought of;
---EarthGrab: With earthsmash bound and equipped, if you right click one of the block of an earthgrab, this will take the blocks from the earthgrab and make it into 2 earthsmashs on either side of you.
---EarthBlast: With earthsmash bound and equipped, if you right click a earthblast it will be destroyed.

Deterioration: Each time a earthsmash is caught and thrown, it deals less damage. Each time it will be 10% less. When the move goes below half the configured damage, it decreases in size by getting rid of the outer most blocks.

Comment suggestions and opinions!

owlcool

Verified Member
To make this realistic and highlight some problems with this, I will put stuff out below.
Torrent: Breaks through Wood.
Earthsmash: Breaks through Raiseearth the majority of the time, so the question is, Can Earthbending's Strongest Offense, Break through the defense of the most Defensive Element?
Fireblast: Evaporates water, or "boils" water.
airswipe: Is going to need to be able to break through certain blocks if it is spammed.

Okay, Quick Fixes? Raiseearth is temporary and is made of stone or a type of clay according to whichever type of block it is, and it can't break that block, or it gets reduced damage, although this added would incorporate probending tactics in a case of which the earthbender would dodge something that would never be seen in probending.
Fireblast? Evaporates a single block of water.
Torrent? It should also be able to break through blocks. Airswipe? It should do a "percentage" of breakage, kind of like how two people can break a block faster then 1 person, and that can last for a second or three.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Torrent: Breaks through Wood.
I would agree with this, but torrent isn't a slice or huge impact. Its a single beam of water, kind of like if you had a strong enough hose. It wouldn't break through wood. Some earth materials it might, but I don't see it breaking through wood.
Earthsmash: Breaks through Raiseearth the majority of the time, so the question is, Can Earthbending's Strongest Offense, Break through the defense of the most Defensive Element?
Actually I suggested something for this on my thread for RaiseEarth. http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/earths-rhythm-raiseearth.2421/
Fireblast: Evaporates water, or "boils" water.
Fire only evaporates or boils water when there is a steady flame. Fireblast is in no way a steady flame.
airswipe: Is going to need to be able to break through certain blocks if it is spammed.
Can't spam a move that has a cooldown, but yes some blocks should be able to be cut by airswipe and airsweep for the matter. Like wood and leaves and wool. Blocks like dirt and wood are to compacted to be cut easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.