• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Bending obsidian for earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chickendiamonds

Verified Member
Ok hello guys, i was wondering why we cant earthbend obsidian? To start off with a bit of earth science, obsidian is an igneous rock, igneous rocks come from the cooling of lava, you can lava bend :/ wouldnt it make sense (science wise)? Sorry this is short but there rly isnt other reason why it should be :3

promancer

Verified Member
Ok hello guys, i was wondering why we cant earthbend obsidian? To start off with a bit of earth science, obsidian is an igneous rock, igneous rocks come from the cooling of lava, you can lava bend :/ wouldnt it make sense (science wise)? Sorry this is short but there rly isnt other reason why it should be :3
The idea is that what ever Earthbenders "bend" has been lost to the point that it can't be bent. Like well refined metal.

Hero

Verified Member
I was thinking about bending obsid. too, but in a bending stand point, its past the point of being bend able.

Loony

Verified Member
I think it's because it's that solid it can't move, I said to deny this idea but I'm going to mark it is pending review cause I'm a little unsure.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Lava is very offensive. Never to have seen such defensive mechanisms besides Lava Flow. Now, that being said, many lava benders, yes, have cooled lava before. Although, it states to be unclear that whether you can cool something is instantly bendable. Now with the exception of water and ice. I think this need not to be added considering as many said, that you can merely add this to the configurations if you so please. Keeping the conflict at a minimum and giving satisfaction to those who want this..

HydroMan

Verified Member
We've seen Bolin bend Obsidian before. He cooled his lava disc down, then picked it up (While still cooled) and reheated it (seen in Book 4 Finale). Setting Looking Into.
Noice. I will be able to build nether portals more easier and faster. :)

Tenket

Verified Member
I recall someone saying that obsidian is too valuable to be earthbender, thus why devs didn't add it. I would say it makes sense, as the minecraft aspect of the difficulty containing that block should stay in the game.
Its a hard block to move around in minecraft. So I agree this plugin shoudlnt change that too drastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.