• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [AVATAR] [DARK SPIRIT] Jinx, Hex and Curse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
We know that dark spirits are more on the sinister side of things. From corrupting people to destroy all our ways of life...you can tell they can be tricky at times. Behold! Jinx, Hex, and Curse.

What is a jinx, a hex and a curse. In simple terms, they are curses that people can cast on others to bring bad luck or harm. A jinx is the least powerful and dangerous while a curse is most powerful and dangerous as it can harm people directly. In the game, it would look like a ball of dark energy shot at you and then exploding.

In PK, let's say you are fighting a dark spirit and he decided to "jinx" you. In that moment of time, you would be knocked back; after that, you are completely fine. Just a minor inconvenience.

If a person lays a hex on you, you would suffer a random (greater but still weak) status effect for a few seconds. More harmful but still not that dangerous.

If you get cursed, you will suffer damage and a random status effect for a few seconds. This is most dangerous since it has the ability to kill you.

Because of the light spirit's ability to purify the land, you can retreat to that spot to be healed of said curse.

HydroMan

Verified Member
And what status effect will these moves will include? I asume that curse might induce the wither and poision affect to the target

Hero

Verified Member
And what status effect will these moves will include? I asume that curse might induce the wither and poision affect to the target
Curse is Wither or Poison.
Hex can be from nausa - blindness. So like weakness and just crippling effects. Nothing can actually hurts you like poison. All of the effects of hex are level one.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't agree with this because we never really saw dark spirits do any of that.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Than what do we see them doing? The amount of abilities for spirits we can come up with using only from canon source is only a limited quantity of it.
Spirits weren't really like "magical" it was more just like physical stuff.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yeah um, if you are going to be a canon buzzkill, do keep in mind there's only around 4 moves in total. So yeah....Bite me m8
That doesn't mean we go around willy nilly making just any ability we think of. It's not even completely thought out. Cooldown, duration of effects, default amount of Knockback, etc.

Hero

Verified Member
That doesn't mean we go around willy nilly making just any ability we think of. It's not even completely thought out. Cooldown, duration of effects, default amount of Knockback, etc.
Right because i have to lay every detail in front of you. Its called speculation

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Right because i have to lay every detail in front of you. Its called speculation
No it's called being specific and putting out your entire idea, not making a half baked idea just for the posts. If you actually spent time making a detailed suggestion instead of making your text bigger to fill space with your poorly thought out idea and even more poorly created presentation. Sorry for the cold hard truth but it seems like you need it.

Moonelight

Verified Member
So from what I understand this (these) move is meant to act like some random bad luck effects? What I read seemed to me more as a magic spell rather than a Spirits move. I also see no use for this idea, yes it does give off some damage, but does the damage really make sense? All you are doing here is sending a ball of whoknowswhat which causes negative (small) stuff to happen. There's also not a lot to go off of on this suggestion. Please be more specific in the future, it'd help a lot.

Better luck next time, but thanks for the suggestion! Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.