• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

A more dynamic airscooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heika

Verified Member
Now a personal favorite move in bending of mine is airscooter. I've been thinking of some possible ways to make it a bit more dynamic than the well known classic jetting format it does right now.

My idea for this, in essence, is possibly making airscooter a dynamic ability. What do I mean by this? I refer to making it do more than just jet along on the ground:

1)Rather than the consistent idea of a gliding move added to air, I suggest that airscooter be able to have a limited gliding prospect in the air, meaning it would be able to be activated midair for a very minute amount of time to redirect the airbenders flow of movement midair.

How it would work: while in the air, simply click and you will be thrusted rather lightly in the direction you click. This would only work once before the player touches the ground again.

2)Rather than being able to jet along the ground by itself, I'd like to see airscooter be able to do more dynamic movements on certain objects. For example, airscootering could carry an airbender on a wall for a short period of time, not dissimilar to what the move Wallrun does right now. This could make a great replacement for a wallrunning move in air, as it would allow it to control the scooter in short bursts in a manner I can only describe as surfing. This allows airbenders to have more dynamic movement when using airscooter in close quarters combat, and in >tight< situations.

How it would work: when airscootering at a wall or alongside one, an airbender can look upwards at whatever angle they please to jet along it. This would at my idea for default have a max height of either 3 or 4 blocks, and possibly have a certain duration time before the benders scooter would deactivate.

Thank you for reading through my thoughts on airscooter.

>Gif is attatched to show that it was seen in the show that an airbender could use a small scooter midair for a short amount of time. direct link if the image doesn't upload properly by chance: http://i.imgur.com/ERhSc14.gif

Attachments

HydroMan

Verified Member
Do [" url " ]*link*[/"url"] (without quotation marks), to make the post display the picture/gif directly here instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.