• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

A guide to suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony

Hey everyone! I'm going to go through a quick guide to submitting suggestions, that will let us understand your suggestion more by making your concept more clear.

Thread Structure
This might be the most important part of submitting a suggestion. It should be obvious what you're suggesting, we shouldn't have to go through paragraphs upon paragraphs of text just to find what you're actually suggesting. Please remember when making suggestions that we get a lot of suggestions, so don't make them larger or wordier than they need to be.

I suggest following a very simple template:

Concept Name
Brief Description

Explanation (details of the concept, including activation)

I would like to point out here, that throughout this section if you can find any screenshot or video examples that you can use for reference with what you're suggesting - add it. Please reference time stamps if you add videos. Also, make sure the explanation is clear and precise. You don't need to make it too wordy, it just needs to explain the concept.
Reason(s) why this concept should be considered
This includes, but is not limited to;
- Balancing reasons (eg. element not having enough attack moves, element / move being too strong so it needs redesigning)
- Lacking in the area you're suggesting (eg. subelements, combos, or the feature you're suggesting in general is unique)
- The concept is cool (if you have an amazing concept that you believe the community would love, this is a good reason to add it. However, this shouldn't be the main reason why the concept should be considered)
Additional Notes (config values, or any additional information)

Example Suggestion:

EarthDome
This ability would allow Earthbenders to create a dome around themselves, for protection.

This ability would be an addon of EathGrab, however, the user would have to hold sneak for three seconds, jump up and when they land the ability activates, creating an earth dome around themselves. This dome would appear faster than the regular EarthGrab.

Visuals:

I think this feature of EarthGrab should be added because it adds aesthetical depth to Earth. Earth had many different versions of defence and I believe that this ability starts to show that. Also, the current EarthGrab doesn't offer full protection like this ability would, being that you can still be targetted from the hole at the top.

Description(s)
Your description might make perfect sense to you, but when someone else is reading your concept it might not make any sense whatsoever. Please try to make your thread understandable. One thing you can do to achieve this is not overusing jargon.

This also includes one sentence threads. I don't expect you to write a full page if your suggestion is simply "Make slabs bendable" - but I do expect a little more effort than that simple sentence. Sure, that might be all you have, but you could expand on that concept. You could talk about quite a few blocks that should be bendable and how we can implement those. This leaves a space for discussion and makes for a better concept submission.

Make us believe it
Suggestions are not a place for you to throw in any idea that you think of during the day. They're place where we give the community a chance to suggest concepts that they would love to be implemented into the plugin. I've often seen people suggest 5 different concepts, for one ability. This just contradicts itself and shows me that there isn't heart behind your suggestion. I mean, I'm not saying more concepts for one ability isn't great to give us options, but if you're writing 5 concepts to change the ability in different ways then it seems like you don't even know what you want to suggest.

I want to see you submit fully fleshed concepts that you've spent time on and you would really love to see in the plugin. Something you think will better the plugin.

I hope this guide helped, and I look forward to reading your suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.