• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbenders should freeze whoever is "wet" too

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
First of all, im not sure if it's possible for the code to detect if an entity was in water before, but what i mostly want for waterbenders to have a capability to freeze people with phasechange if thet recently where in/on water. So lets say you could freeze the entity if nor less then 5 seconds after he left the pond, and nor more then 18 seconds has passed at that time. So in between 5-18 seconds he his wet, you, as a WaterB., could freeze him partly with phasechange. The Entity wouldn't be escaped in a dome, but he would rather be immobilized as if he was literally in ice. For fancy looks, iceblast particles could be covered infront of the entity (on his body) to represent him being frozen in his soak/wet. To make it less op, the entity would need to be behind a solid surface, like
tree for instance.

This idea came from one of the fight of katara's, when she met jed in one of the episode.
She used breath of ice to freeze him, when he was wet and soaked rather then encompassed in water. This proves my point that the target doesn't need to be in water to be frozen or by the use of surge/torrent. Heres The Gif of The Fight:

Additional Information:
This could also work when attacking the entity with some waters projectiles after of certain of blast shown below:
  • WaterManipulation x 9
  • Surge (Wave) x 1
  • Torrent (Projectile) x 3
After those tries, the entity who you hit will become all soaked up, meaning you can already freeze them with phasechange

Another thing i thought of, that the dripping particles could represent them being soaked.

Last edited:

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
This is definitely possible but it would be a little bit of a pain to check if players met all the conditions. I'm not sure if I agree with the particles or the condition that the targeted player must be in front of a surface but it would be interesting to see. Quick question, did you ever consider this ability effecting people who are/recently were in rain? :p

HydroMan

Verified Member
This is definitely possible but it would be a little bit of a pain to check if players met all the conditions. I'm not sure if I agree with the particles or the condition that the targeted player must be in front of a surface but it would be interesting to see. Quick question, did you ever consider this ability effecting people who are/recently were in rain? :p
Answer: Actually no i didn't. I never thought of that way. Still it's not a bad idea But people would still argue on how it's difficult to even work on with rain with waterbending, which i think it would rather be cool d:

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
First of all, im not sure if it's possible for the code to detect if an entity was in water before, but what i mostly want for waterbenders should have a capability to freeze people with phasechange if thet recently where in/on water. So lets say you could freeze the entity if nor less then 5 seconds after he left the pond, and nor more then 18 seconds has passed at that time. So in between 5-18 seconds he his wet, you, as a WaterB., could freeze him partly with phasechange. The Entity wouldn't be escaped in a dome, but he would rather be immobilized as if he was literally in ice. For fancy looks, iceblast particles couldbe covered infront of the entity (on his body) to represent him being frozen in his soak/wet. To make it less op, the entity would need to be behind a solid surface, like
tree for instance.

This idea came from one of the fight of katara's, when she met jed in one of the episode.
She used breath of ice to freeze him, when he was wet and soaked rather then encompassed in water. This proves my point that the target doesn't need to be in water to be frozen or by the use of surge/torrent. Heres The Gif of The Fight:
This is what Frostbreath actually is. Freezing people who are wet. Rather than just blowing into the air, somehow drawing out enough moisture and then freezing it to create snow and ice.
Maybe if they're not up against a solid surface, it doesn't freeze them in place, but gives them slowness? Just throwing out ideas. I hope this suggestion goes somewhere.

HydroMan

Verified Member
This is what Frostbreath actually is. Freezing people who are wet. Rather than just blowing into the air, somehow drawing out enough moisture and then freezing it to create snow and ice.
Maybe if they're not up against a solid surface, it doesn't freeze them in place, but gives them slowness? Just throwing out ideas. I hope this suggestion goes somewhere.
i thought it just freezes people no matter if they are not wet or wet. Either way, this should go to phasechange, as we don't unnecessary binds with diffrent names.

Joeri

Verified Member
Yea, maybe if someone left a waterpond, they would have water particles around them for 7 seconds or so. and when you click on them it would freeze them

Maybe if you hit someone with a watermove they would have the same effect but for only 3 seconds?

HydroMan

Verified Member
Yea, maybe if someone left a waterpond, they would have water particles around them for 7 seconds or so. and when you click on them it would freeze them

Maybe if you hit someone with a watermove they would have the same effect but for only 3 seconds?
Im thinking of water dripping particles as suits up tge realisim.

Maybe like using one move repetedly by required of times you will be able to soaked them up. For instance; 7 watermanipulations, 1 surge wave, 3 torrents will cause the user to become wet completly for the freeze to work (like how katara spammed watermanipulation at Jed before freezing him).

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
First of all, im not sure if it's possible for the code to detect if an entity was in water before, but what i mostly want for waterbenders to have a capability to freeze people with phasechange if thet recently where in/on water. So lets say you could freeze the entity if nor less then 5 seconds after he left the pond, and nor more then 18 seconds has passed at that time. So in between 5-18 seconds he his wet, you, as a WaterB., could freeze him partly with phasechange. The Entity wouldn't be escaped in a dome, but he would rather be immobilized as if he was literally in ice. For fancy looks, iceblast particles could be covered infront of the entity (on his body) to represent him being frozen in his soak/wet. To make it less op, the entity would need to be behind a solid surface, like
tree for instance.

Additional Information:
This could also work when attacking the entity with some waters projectiles after of certain of blast shown below:
  • WaterManipulation x 9
  • Surge (Wave) x 1
  • Torrent (Projectile) x 3
After those tries, the entity who you hit will become all soaked up, meaning you can already freeze them with phasechange

Another thing i thought of, that the dripping particles could represent them being soaked.
Did you know people shpi Zuko and Jet.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I like the idea this has going. I can say that the conditions dont really all make sense, but with some changes it can get there.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I like the idea this has going. I can say that the conditions dont really all make sense, but with some changes it can get there.
like what condition? The Duration i think should start from 0 ,when getting out from the water, to 18 ,when you are dry.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
i thought it just freezes people no matter if they are not wet or wet. Either way, this should go to phasechange, as we don't unnecessary binds with diffrent names.
Yeah, that's what frostbreath currently does. But I always thought that was rather inaccurate to how waterbending works. This move makes much more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.