• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Velocity Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Suggestion for: Project Korra
Seen in: Both Avatar: The Last Airbender, and in The Legend Of Korra
Element: Air
My concept is not in fact a move, but more of a concept mechanic. As recently seen in "The Legend Of Korra" air is becoming quite a powerful element. I do however realize that Air Nomads are pacifists by nature, which kept them from using air in the same manner as Zaheer. However, I have noticed that many Air Nomads whom often find themselves in combat all seem to use the same concept of combat. They use Airbending to slam their opponents into walls and other objects to seemingly incapacitate them. My idea is that, if a mob, or player is hit with an Airbending move, and travels a certain distance, or more and then hits a wall, or other solid block should take damage. It would be a mechanic similar to how there is a fall threshold for AirBurst and Shockwave, and would similar to fall damage. Airbenders themselves would be immune to this concept the same way they are to fall damage. On a side note, a similar concept to it would prevent Earthbenders from catapulting and slamming themselves into any non-earthen structure and walking away unarmed, similar to Firebenders and FireJet.

ashe36

Verified Member
I love this, but it does need some tuning. For one, there isn't any reason an airbender should be immune to this, especially since it's hard enough for 2 airbenders to be in a duel together. Secondly, I know this doesn't matter as much, but Air Nomads were not pacifists by nature, they chose to be. I believe they were taught to be pacifists for the sole purpose that someone like Zaheer couldn't happen. (Possibly has happened in airbending history before and they learned? Something to think about :p)

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I love this, but it does need some tuning. For one, there isn't any reason an airbender should be immune to this, especially since it's hard enough for 2 airbenders to be in a duel together. Secondly, I know this doesn't matter as much, but Air Nomads were not pacifists by nature, they chose to be. I believe they were taught to be pacifists for the sole purpose that someone like Zaheer couldn't happen. (Possibly has happened in airbending history before and they learned? Something to think about :p)
I guess you're right. Since in all but the first opening title of Avatar: The Last Airbender Aang, airscooters into a statue and gets hurt. Perhaps using airblast before hitting the object would server as protection. Also, if you take Wan's story to be entirely true, the earliest Airbender's were peaceful in nature, so perhaps it was a concept taught for over 10,000 and never challenged. But I'm glad to know that's the only critiquing you have fore it :D

ashe36

Verified Member
I guess you're right. Since in all but the first opening title of Avatar: The Last Airbender Aang, airscooters into a statue and gets hurt. Perhaps using airblast before hitting the object would server as protection. Also, if you take Wan's story to be entirely true, the earliest Airbender's were peaceful in nature, so perhaps it was a concept taught for over 10,000 and never challenged. But I'm glad to know that's the only critiquing you have fore it :D
I have seen the Wan episodes, I'm just saying somewhere along the way someone had to have screwed up.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I have seen the Wan episodes, I'm just saying somewhere along the way someone had to have screwed up.
True. But I feel like the reason nearly all of them were pacifists was done for the sole purpose of developing the plot. If Airbender's weren't passive, it would be kind of far-fetched for people, who can control air, the essence of life would allow themselves to be wiped out.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
True, but lore-wise, the nomads could only bend air because of their spirituality, which was the main reason Korra couldn't bend it in the first season. Zaheer and the other new airbenders got their powers via harmonic convergence, making them less restricted in how offensive they bend.

Majorite

Verified Member
I really, really like this idea. It would make the plugin seem more real. I don't know if this was possible, but I was thinking that the faster the player is traveling, the more damage they will get when the run into something.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I really, really like this idea. It would make the plugin seem more real. I don't know if this was possible, but I was thinking that the faster the player is traveling, the more damage they will get when the run into something.
True. I know it would be really buggy, but it would be cool. And add depth

Joeri

Verified Member
I love it, but i think this should only apply if the user gets pushed into specific blocks and the wall needs to be higher then 2. Because most areas are not flat. Just imagen airbenders spamming airblast knocking you into a 1 block high step and killing you

Faetriax

Verified Member
Good point. It should be at least three blocks high, so Air benders can't spam airblast in something like a cave or small hut; killing you.

Chen

Verified Member
Perhaps using airblast before hitting the object would server as protection.
This isn't a bad idea, but it would be very hard to execute the moment before you hit the wall, however what if you were to use airshield? To quickly prevent you from hitting the wall at a high speed, as this would give another use for airshield.

Chen

Verified Member
How do you mean? I've tried it numerous times and I can see it trailing a little behind me.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It depends how you use it I guess. Also, a Velocity Damage like this would be a nightmare to code :p so keep that in mind as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.