• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed Watermanip, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg This is about the 5th post regarding watermanip that has been created. It's getting very frustrating not being listened to or denied on instant because it ''hasn't been changed''. I will post as kindly, softly, and weakly as I can. Here goes.
1, once again, one of the main issues with this move is the fact that manip won't turn immediately after right clicking. . It requires a certain amount of blocks traveled ( Forward ) or a certain amount of time before it turns even the slightest bit. This can be frustrating, especially when fighting other elements, in which torrent and water combos just won't do the trick.
(An unreliable manip can also promote torrent and iceblast spam).
2, This issue is the most important one. The fact that watermanipulation will miss 1 every 3 fired is just unfair. People who train to have good aim should NOT be punished with an unreliable move. Manip can be half a block away and it will still NOT hit 25% of the time.. it just fades away as if it were being evaped, or absorbed. This can be with chi, earth, fire, and air, so it is not a waterbender evaporating my attack.
3, This doesn't happen too often, but it shouldn't happen at ALL. I have noticed that sometimes when a waterbender shoots a manip at their enemy, it just goes directly to the left, right, or flies above the enemy. This shouldn't happen. Manip should turn the moment when we right click and change direction every time we click, as the description for waterMANIPULATION states.
This doesn't need to be changed for everybody. I think we should be allowed to change how turnable our watermanipulation's can be for the sake of balancing. An option would be great, but that's solely for the turnability.
Watermanip definitely cannot be missing all the time or just completely flying the opposite direction. A change like this can do NO harm to anybody and can even help balance out the elements. There's also an overwhelmingly larger number of people who want this, compared to those who don't. Hope this at least gets looked into.

Attachments

Last edited:

erikwazhere

Verified Member
We all know Projectkorra developer have tried so hard to make bending accurate to the actual show, but manip was a bit of a mistake, and I'm not saying it's horrible but at least this "feature" should be able to be toggled somehow in the config. And we're all fighting for this because we also want to make bending more realistic to the show, not to what we think it should be, but we don't have strong coding skills so we're asking PK devs if y'all could please work on a config option or removing the random hit/control of manip.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The functions of WaterManipulation were changed several times in the original plugin, and not by us. Therefore, it is likely an inherited part of the move, not something we 'did to it'

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
The functions of WaterManipulation were changed several times in the original plugin, and not by us. Therefore, it is likely an inherited part of the move, not something we 'did to it'
That alone is progress. Hahaha dude you finally listened before straight up denying the post. And yes, I do realize it has been changed... That's my main issue with PK,
But no,
I am from TLA and I can assure you that manip was never like that. Manip was super fluent and redirectable at a click, but that changed. It was not passed down, I can let you talk to Orion304 if you'd like to confirm this.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That alone is progress. Hahaha dude you finally listened before straight up denying the post. And yes, I do realize it has been changed... That's my main issue with PK,
But no,
I am from TLA and I can assure you that manip was never like that. Manip was super fluent and redirectable at a click, but that changed. It was not passed down, I can let you talk to Orion304 if you'd like to confirm this.
You even showed a TLA changelog YOURSELF which said it was changed in TLA.

Hero

Verified Member
I think the only reason why its not denied is because we cant lock bug reports....
But no,

Hero

Verified Member
"Poor unfortunate soul!"
"Its sad, but true!"
"If you want to cross the bridge then you got to pay the toll...
"Flotsam, Jetsam, Ive got her boys!"
"THE BOSS IS ON THE ROLL!"
"THIS POOR UN-FORTUNATE SOUL!"

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Marking fixed because:
- Multiple other posts exactly like this made by you were marked fixed
- WaterManipulation hasn't been changed by us

Sketz

Verified Member
Not by us
If you mean by you, then no. If by Pk yes. It's been changed over time.
Even minor details count as change you know. Just saying. Even the very first korra version manipulation was a bit different.

I'm not trying to argue, but when you say they haven't changed anything, when they did, just seems like you're not telling us the complete truth.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you mean by you, then no. If by Pk yes. It's been changed over time.
Even minor details count as change you know. Just saying. Even the very first korra version manipulation was a bit different.

I'm not trying to argue, but when you say they haven't changed anything, when they did, just seems like you're not telling us the complete truth.
Pk has not changed WaterManipulation. The Tla plugin did, but we have not.

Sketz

Verified Member
Pk has not changed WaterManipulation. The Tla plugin did, but we have not.
The tla plugin? Seriously?
That has been down, and sitting their forever. I kinda wonder how they "changed" watermanipulation, for Projectkorra.

You guys are obviously lying to your own community. For a reason I don't understand.

I've seen watermanipulation code from the first beta to the latest. They're different.

Also, if they haven't changed, then what is with this dynamic bending?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The tla plugin? Seriously?
That has been down, and sitting their forever. I kinda wonder how they "changed" watermanipulation, for Projectkorra.

You guys are obviously lying to your own community. For a reason I don't understand.

I've seen watermanipulation code from the first beta to the latest. They're different.

Also, if they haven't changed, then what is with this dynamic bending?
I guess you didn't understand and that's fine, but I meant based on what this thread is talking about. Watermanipulation has not been changed in the way this thread suggests

Loony

Verified Member
TLA ChangeLog:
  • WaterManipulation animation slightly altered.
  • WaterManipulation can now have its target changed with a click.
  • Removed WaterManipulation's streaming technique.
  • WaterManipulation can now be destroyed or redirected by another bender with this ability. Shift to destroy, click to redirect, while targeting someone else's bending block.
They changed WaterManipulation too.

Sketz

Verified Member
TLA ChangeLog:
  • WaterManipulation animation slightly altered.
  • WaterManipulation can now have its target changed with a click.
  • Removed WaterManipulation's streaming technique.
  • WaterManipulation can now be destroyed or redirected by another bender with this ability. Shift to destroy, click to redirect, while targeting someone else's bending block.
They changed WaterManipulation too.
but I meant based on what this thread is talking about. Watermanipulation has not been changed in the way this thread suggests
The watermanipulation thread I believe Isn't really talking about how the Log or whatever has changed. They're saying ProjectKorra has changed the way it works and it's functions with in the code it's self. As you said loony, WaterManipulation can now have its target changed with a click. This means, it only takes a click to move it instantly. It takes about two clicks, or a certain range to move the watermanipulation. I'm saying that you've all changed the watermanipulation by it's code. I'm saying the code has changed.

So you guys did purposely change the code right? You admit to changing the code? Even if it's a tad bit changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.