• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Spirit Sub-types

Tenket

Verified Member
That seems like a lot of different types of sub-types. How would they be chosen? And some of those seen a bit op (Ocelot being indefinitely invisible if they hold shift. Moon and Sun as they can block an entire element's moves.)
I think there needs to be control mechanisms to what you get managed in the RPG module.

So there are percentage chances to how likely it is you get ceirtain types. In addition to core spirit abilities

Tenket

Verified Member
These are the particles that could represent some of the spirit subtypes types. (@owlcool)

Ocean: any water particle or thing like that really,
Swamp: slime particles
Moon: Snowball particles
Sun: yellow wool breaking particles
Animal: creeper could use explosion, endermen could be portal particles, etc.
Wisdom: Enchantmenttable particles
Helping: heart(You got better idea?)
Order: barrier
Chaos: purple redstone particles
Koh: AngryVillager
Chicken: White wool breaking particles
Cow: both white and blackwool breaking particles
Zombie: a ugly green color, preferably around the head area, by ugly green I mean dark green, like dark green blocks have.
Skeleton: spawns a arrow entity every few seconds nearby.
Creeper: explosion particles
Guardian: needs work, but maybe something like fishing particles nearby.
Cave Spider: Splash potion poison particles

This is not all the spirits, if you have any suggestions, suggest them
This could open up an aura vision ability.

So the particles are always present in the block underneath the spirit.

I think there should be some other way to distinguish spirits and humans but this is a great start. Gives the spirit world some mystery

djmyernos

Verified Member
I think this sounds awesome. I'd love to see this implemented in the update! However, I do think that it should be balanced to keep it fair. Probably not everything on the list could be added, but maybe some of the more prominent ones like the moon spirit, sun spirit, swamp spirit, and animal spirit. I agree with some of the previous commenters on that there are infinite number of kinds of spirits, just like there are hundreds of gods in Greek/Roman/Egyptian mythology. But I'm sure the PK Developers could make it work!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think this sounds awesome. I'd love to see this implemented in the update! However, I do think that it should be balanced to keep it fair. Probably not everything on the list could be added, but maybe some of the more prominent ones like the moon spirit, sun spirit, swamp spirit, and animal spirit. I agree with some of the previous commenters on that there are infinite number of kinds of spirits, just like there are hundreds of gods in Greek/Roman/Egyptian mythology. But I'm sure the PK Developers could make it work!
Yes you're right, some probably won't be implemented, I'm trying to cover the main aspects of minecraft that can be controlled.

djmyernos

Verified Member
Yes you're right, some probably won't be implemented, I'm trying to cover the main aspects of minecraft that can be controlled.
Yeah and that's great. The only thing I would question is the monster spirits. There were no monsters in the show (zombies, skeletons, giant spiders etc.) so I'm not sure if monster spirits should be added. I think it'd be cool, but I'm not sure if it'd be canon. And, of course, it doesn't have to be completely canon. Those are just my thoughts.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yeah and that's great. The only thing I would question is the monster spirits. There were no monsters in the show (zombies, skeletons, giant spiders etc.) so I'm not sure if monster spirits should be added. I think it'd be cool, but I'm not sure if it'd be canon. And, of course, it doesn't have to be completely canon. Those are just my thoughts.
I took the monster spirits as being like the dark spirits. They all had differences, and i figured that was one of the best way to show it.

djmyernos

Verified Member
I took the monster spirits as being like the dark spirits. They all had differences, and i figured that was one of the best way to show it.
That makes sense. Maybe there could be monster spirits, just not minecraft mobs. Maybe like dark animals like what happened in the show.

HydroMan

Verified Member
#2-Identity Spirit (Mother of Faces):
-Change face: L-Click a player to scroll down through a list of all players heads (gui will open) and click on the head you desire to change of the player you L-Clicked
-Change abilities: Changes the player bending (element) that the player has while wearing their head. What this would do is change the bound abilities of the player to the worn player's head, then binds them over the existing binds while the head is worn.

Kidnapping/Haunting Spirit (Kemurikage):
Occupation - to abduct people that misbehave, that were killing/hurting villager(s) and passive mob(s) during evening to midnight.
- Snatch People: Hold Shift to snatch the player from behind and continue holding him until Releasing Shift. Works only at night time.
- Wisping: L-Click to morph into wisps (hence the name) as a means of inconspicuous travel. dissapating in a way of an hiding shadow.
-(Passive) Higher Jump: has extrordinary jump boost (maybe like 8 blocks)
-(Passive) Slowness: Driffs through the air, while as if soaring.
-(Passive) Smoke walk: Leaves characteristic clouds of smoke as they move/walk.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Forest Spirit (Hei Bai): Seems like someone already had mention this, but I'm not sure.
Occupation - to protect one specific forest from the destrucion of the causer. Controls the forest/wood aspects.
- Agrokinesis: Can cause a random plant to grow when right click on a block (the plant must meet the enviromental conditions to conjure on the terrain).
- Super Strength: Can break a block within just 1 second.
- Sonic Blast: can shatter/disinterate an structure, kinda like how combustion does. Also used for dealing knockback, sending feos flying into the air.
-(Passive) Super-Speed: self-explanatory.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
My question is, what would stop players from choosing to be spirits rather than benders?
I can see everyone on a server choosing to be a spirit rather than a human bender.. xD