• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Spirit Sub-types

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
These are all the different types of spirits that come from light/dark, being that light/dark spirits are the same but different (if that made sense) but here is what I have so far. (Each Sub-type has unique moves)

Please read the comments; some information is included there that isn't in the main post

Ocean Spirit

Controls the ocean biome. Abilities-
Water Oriented- Move through water 2x faster than waterbenders, heal in water, get strength 2 in water
Tidal Wave/Tsunami- Creates a giant wave to push back enemies. To use, shift at a source, then a small wave will begin to form. When you click, the wave will go in that direction, pushing all the entities that are hit underwater. The wave would go 6 blocks high, and would be 10 blocks wide.

Swamp Spirit
Controls the swamp biome. Abilities-
Swamp Oriented- Can use plantbending skills such as the suggested VineWhip (thanks goes to @Majorite)
Swamp Walk- When the spirit runs over water, a lily pad will spawn on the water allowing the user to "walk" on water.

Moon Spirit
Controls all moon aspects. Abilities-
Moon Power- Regen at night, strength 1 at night (strength 2 and regen 3 during full moon)
Lunar Influence- This, when the user is sneaking, prevents waterbenders from waterbending within a certain radius. Only works during night time.

Sun Spirit
Controls all sun aspects. (Yes one wasn't mentioned in the show, but it is logical due to there being a moon spirit)
Abilities-
Sun Power- Regen and strength 1 during day
Solar Influence- This, when the user is sneaking, prevents firebenders from firebending within a certain radius. Only works during day time.

Animal Spirit
Is based of an animal (chicken, cow, pig, wolf, ocelot, horse, mooshroom). Most abilities are passive type skills. Some abilities have a dark counter-part. Abilities-
Animal Vigor- Has speed 2
[Bunny]: High jump: jump boost 2
[Chicken] Slow fall- decent is slowed when falling or no fall damage.
[Cow] Increased Hunger- Has increased amount of hunger or hunger isn't lost as fast.
[Pig] Night Vision- Has night vision, because pigs eat a lot of carrots
[Wolf] Wolf Courage- has strength 1
[Wolf] Scratch- Punch that does 1 heart and causes bleeding for 3 seconds, for each second one damage is dealt
[Ocelot] Repellant- Creepers cannot go within exploding range of player
[Ocelot] Sneak- Hold shift to become invisible, this lasts for as long as the player is holding sneak, or is hit.
[Horse] High Jump- Has the jumping ability of a horse
[Mooshroom] Restore Hunger- L-Click a player to restore the hunger of the targeted player
[Mooshroom] Dark counter-part: Revoke Hunger- L-Click a player to make them lose hunger

Monster Spirit
Like the animal spirit, has different effects depending on what you are.
[Zombie] Dullpain (passive): resistance 1
[Skeleton] Speedy (passive): speed boost 2
[Skeleton] Archery: You specialize in archery, and when using bows, you do 1 more damage.
[Creeper] Charge: Hold sneak, after 5 seconds red particles will appear, showing that the move is ready to be used. If you hold sneak for 5 more seconds, the particles turn yellow, and if you hold it for 5 more seconds after that, the particles turn green. If used when the particles are red, the move will cause an explosion where the spirit is standing that will cause players to be knocked back, same with the yellow, except a bigger explosion and 2x the power, and the same for green particles, except even bigger and 3x knockback.
[Creeper] Slowness (passive): Has slowness 1
[Enderman] Teleport: L-Click a location up to 15 blocks away, and you will be teleported there. Has a 20 second cooldown.
[Enderman] BlockManipulation: Sneak at a block, and it will go into your selected inventory slot, temporarily replacing whatever is there, then left click to fire, in the direction that you are looking, a block as a falling block that does 4 damage.
[Guardian] Beam: Hold sneak for 5 seconds to charge, then L-Click to fire a guardian beam.
[Guardian] Swim: Gets same swim factor as waterbenders
[Spider] Night Vision: Has night vision during night
[Cave Spider] Inject: Poisons the hit player for 5 seconds

Order spirit (Light spirit only)
Order: Disables pvp within a certain radius of the spirit.
SpiritManipulation: This allows you to do multiple things including,turning a dark spirit into a light spirit and it also allows you to do a thing like bloodbending where you take over their body/shape and control them. For the light version; this would allow the order spirit to establish a connection between the spirit and a bender that would allow them to go into their body (gamemode spectate). This would only allow them to go into that one bender for protection. To turn a dark spirit light, they simply have to enter the dark spirit.

Chaos spirit
(Dark spirit only)
Chaos: Spawns random overworld mobs within a certain radius.
SpiritManipulation: This allows you to do multiple things including, turning a light spirit into a dark spirit and it also allows you to do a thing like bloodbending where you take over their body/shape and control them. For the dark version; you can break connections between an order spirit and bender, and also force yourself into the body of a bender (again gm spectate). To turn a spirit into a dark spirit, they simply have to enter the light spirit.

Wisdom Spirit
-(Passive) Enchant: Doesn't need exp to enchant items
-(Passive) Higher jump: Get's jump 3 and feather falling 3
-Launch (not lunch): Jumps really high and gets resistance 2 and feather falling 2 for 10 seconds

Helping Spirit (painted lady, light spirit only)
-Heal: Gives regen 5 to players in a 5 block radius and removes debuffs of any kind
-Mist: Allows the player to move unnoticed (invis potion effect)
-WaterGlide: Uses air particles to give the effect of gliding on water

Identity Spirit (Koh):
-Steal face: L-Click a play to get the player's head
-Steal abilities: Able to use the bending that the player has while wearing their head. What this would do is get the bound abilities of the worn player's head, then binds them over the spirits binds while the head is worn.

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
This suggestion is in favor of Waterbenders. Most spirits don't have a power but mainly flying ECT.
Spirits that have powers like this are usually 1 in 100.
Sorry but I don't support this idea fully. There is a little bit of hope though!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Most spirits could only fly in the mortal world where they had a more ghost like body and appearance. In the spirit world though there were many different spirits than stemmed from Light/Dark. If you think this is in favor of waterbenders then you have lost the actual meaning. I in no way mentioned benders as the spirits do not actually bend, but have their own set of abilities. Also to say that all spirits could fly, have the same abilities, and be exactly the same is false, because even in the mortal world they are different in appearance, and powers. Here is what I have come up with so far.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ocean Spirit
Water Oriented- Move through water 2x faster than waterbenders, heal in water, get strength 2 in water
Tidal Wave/Tsunami- Creates a giant wave to push back enemies

Swamp Spirit
Swamp Oriented- Can use plantbending skills such as the suggested VineWhip (thanks goes to @Majorite)
Swamp Walk- Can walk on water by creating lily pads to walk on. Lily pads disappear after a configurable amount of time.

Moon Spirit
Moon Power- Regen at night, strength 1 at night (strength 2 and regen 3 during full moon)
Lunar Influence- Can block waterbenders moves

Sun Spirit
Controls all sun aspects. (Yes one wasn't mentioned in the show, but it is logical due to there being a moon spirit)
Abilities-
Solar Influence- Can block a firebenders moves

Animal Spirit
Is based of an animal (chicken, cow, pig, wolf, ocelot, horse, mooshroom). Most abilities are passive type skills. Some abilites have a dark counter-part. Abilities-
[Cow] Increased Hunger- Has increased amount of hunger
[Wolf] Scratch- Punch that does 1 heart and causes bleeding
[Ocelot] Sneak- Hold shift to become invisible
[Mooshroom] Restore Hunger- can restore hunger of other players
[Mooshroom] Dark counter-part: Revoke Hunger- cause a player to lose hunger
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once again this is all that I could think of, if you have any suggestions I will edit this post to include the information. Thank you!

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
That seems like a lot of different types of sub-types. How would they be chosen? And some of those seen a bit op (Ocelot being indefinitely invisible if they hold shift. Moon and Sun as they can block an entire element's moves.)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
They may seem op, but they really aren't as most of the abilities are passive and or denfiensive. There are only 2 offensive moves, part of swamp oriented and scratch. The way they would be selected would be like choosing an element. For sun and moon I suppose I should be more specific. They can block only A. if that move is bound and selected B. moves that contain fire and water. They cannot block lightning, combustion, blood, or ice.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
They may seem op, but they really aren't as most of the abilities are passive and or denfiensive. There are only 2 offensive moves, part of swamp oriented and scratch. The way they would be selected would be like choosing an element. For sun and moon I suppose I should be more specific. They can block only A. if that move is bound and selected B. moves that contain fire and water. They cannot block lightning, combustion, blood, or ice.
Defensive can still be op. *cough* AvatarState RaiseEarth *cough*

Moonelight

Verified Member
I'm just saying, the idea is a really big concept that might not work out.

The reason I said it was in favor of waterbending is because you started out with "Ocean Spirit" and "Plant Spirit".
Even I can see how you snuck that in.

/unwatch

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I wasn't sneaking anything in. I only suggested Ocean and Swamp because they were the first ones I thought of from the show.
And how could it not work. It would be like the elements. And Bear that is a different type of op.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What about Koh? He doesn't look like most spirits, but I believe he is one. Maybe when you are Koh, and kill someone, you can use a command called /b head {PlayerName} to get their head :)

Kwesi

Verified Member
What about Koh? He doesn't look like most spirits, but I believe he is one. Maybe when you are Koh, and kill someone, you can use a command called /b head {PlayerName} to get their head :)
I like that idea! XD Although, Koh doesn't need to kill, so maybe it could just be an ability that detects entity movement while they hold sneak on the ability and are looking at them (cross-hairs are directed at the entity's head, like how an enderman is provoked) and if they entity moves from the block on which they stand Koh will gain their head. That's just how I see it anyway. I personally don't like the idea of the use of commands to activate abilities.

Most spirits could only fly in the mortal world where they had a more ghost like body and appearance. In the spirit world though there were many different spirits than stemmed from Light/Dark. If you think this is in favor of waterbenders then you have lost the actual meaning. I in no way mentioned benders as the spirits do not actually bend, but have their own set of abilities. Also to say that all spirits could fly, have the same abilities, and be exactly the same is false, because even in the mortal world they are different in appearance, and powers. Here is what I have come up with so far.
Ocean Spirit
Tidal Wave/Tsunami- Creates a giant wave to push back enemies

Swamp Spirit
Swamp Walk- Can walk on water by creating lily pads to walk on. Lily pads disappear after a configurable amount of time.

Moon Spirit
Lunar Influence- Can block waterbenders moves

Sun Spirit
Abilities-
Solar Influence- Can block a firebenders moves

Animal Spirit
Is based of an animal (chicken, cow, pig, wolf, ocelot, horse, mooshroom). Most abilities are passive type skills. Some abilites have a dark counter-part. Abilities-
[Cow] Increased Hunger- Has increased amount of hunger
[Wolf] Scratch- Punch that does 1 heart and causes bleeding
[Ocelot] Sneak- Hold shift to become invisible
[Mooshroom] Restore Hunger- can restore hunger of other players
[Mooshroom] Dark counter-part: Revoke Hunger- cause a player to lose hunger
Once again this is all that I could think of, if you have any suggestions I will edit this post to include the information. Thank you!
Now this is VERY interesting idea, but the possible spirit sub-types out there are endless; there could be spirits with characteristics corresponding with countless elements of nature. I really wonder how far this could be carried out. I like the idea of diversity amongst spiritkind, but I do fear how cumbersome it might become. :/

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like that idea! XD Although, Koh doesn't need to kill, so maybe it could just be an ability that detects entity movement while they hold sneak on the ability and are looking at them (cross-hairs are directed at the entity's head, like how an enderman is provoked) and if they entity moves from the block on which they stand Koh will gain their head. That's just how I see it anyway. I personally don't like the idea of the use of commands to activate abilities.

Now this is VERY interesting idea, but the possible spirit sub-types out there are endless; there could be spirits with characteristics corresponding with countless elements of nature. I really wonder how far this could be carried out. I like the idea of diversity amongst spiritkind, but I do fear how cumbersome it might become. :/
Well we only really know so many. I did a little improv adding in the sun spirit.
This sounds sick!
YUS Alex likes it.

Sketz

Verified Member
I love the idea, Hope it can be implemented.
As long as everything works out.

May be difficult to create, but not yet impossible.
I support this.

Good luck too you!
:)

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for spirit types? I ran out. I'm going to search through episodes for more