• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Random Ideas

Gahshunk

Verified Member
*~Gahshunk's Idea Corner~*
This is my little corner of ideas, suggestions, concepts, and rough sketches. I'm not specifically looking to have them implemented or anything, just snowballing ideas. I have way too many ideas, so I'm just gonna cram them all in this post to save some forum space for other threads. Maybe I can be helpful. c:

---------- Ideas ----------
~Power Charge~
Element: Fire
Bending Type: Passive
In a similar manner to how metalbenders can hit shift to open metal doors, I think it'd be sort of interesting if firebenders who possess lightning generation could left click to send one tick of redstone signal at whatever was aimed at. Possibly, it could be used leave redstone lamps on without hooking any redstone to it.

~The Dancing Dragon~
Bending Type: Ability
So, I had a brief lucid moment: "Can a plugin code some sort of combo attack?"
Can it be coded so that left clicking brings out different moves with each click? Three moves that cycle subsequently, maybe. Because if it's possible, I think it would be fun to see a moves that tosses a variation of fire "kicks and punches" at a foe with each click and can be mastered by learning the order of these three attacks that cycle through it. An example of this would be a FireBlast-like move, followed by a brief shield that burns opponents that come into contact with it, followed by a significantly more powerful, short-ranged hit, then back around.

~Fire Reiki~
In The Legend of Korra, a firebending shaman showed the ability to detect chi paths by using her firebending on a spiritual level. No one really knows the extent of this ability as it seems a lot like healing, but it's common sense that fire can't really physically heal anything. However, there is speculation that it can purge evil spirits on a minor level, so I propose some sort of 'purging' of negative potion effects. I feel that would be a very useful utility.

~Frost Breath~
Element: Water
A player could hold shift to charge up a continuous stream of frost for a few seconds, freezing water (maybe covering the affected area with snow) and applying slowness to players.

~Flight~
Element: Air
I know this will be requested A LOT, but I wanted to make a couple of points on it besides making it the same as '/fly'. For one, it's very easy to succumb to airbending techniques, the user becoming light as air. Secondly, almost anything heavy enough can be used to weigh down the airbender. This could be implemented requiring an empty/nearly empty inventory.

~Lotus Poison~
Element: Earth
This one is tricky and not very appealing considering toxic liquid metal isn't a thing in Minecraft. But, then again, neither are smoke bombs so here's the basic idea. It would obviously be a poisoning attack. I'm not sure weather it should poison for a couple of seconds the same way IceSpike slows, or it should have a long poison effect with a long cool down.

~Whirlwind~
I know the video games aren't canon for the most part, but I found it kind of nice and interesting that Aang was able to launch a blast of swirling wind to daze foes. This could be implemented using nausea effects, however, it'd really only be useful in PvP so I don't think it'd be that great.

~Magnetize~
The Dai-li have exhibited the ability to crawl up walls by earthbending their rock gloves to other earthen surfaces, allowing them to 'stick' on to walls. This might be implemented in a similar manner to the way spiders are able to climbs walls.

~Mist Veil~
Waterbenders (and airbenders, but let's not get into that because we're talking about the water) have shown the ability to bend clouds, steam, mist, and other forms of water vapor to create a veil. I think it might be useful for waterbenders to create a large and quick puff of white smoke particals to represent steam and briefly apply invisibility during said puff. Default, 2-5 seconds of invisibility. Not sure I have anything default for a cool down.

~Precipitation~
I know this is a very touched-on subject regarding waterbending and rain, but I have a couple of ideas, maybe create some concepts. I've seen it before on the forum and the idea of making waterbending usable during rain (and I'm not talking about adding animations) seems kind of good and bad to me. Essentially, it would be the same as bottle-bending except during rain/snow, however, attacks without an actual water source that rely on the precipitation could perhaps be weaker in a way? And if that idea is done to death, then maybe a minor speed and/or attack boost might help. At the same time, I don't want to make waterbending too overpowered, seeing as how it already has a full moon boost.

~Quicksand~
Link: Made by Kingbirdy~ http://projectkorra.com/threads/quicksand.384/
Bending Type: Ability/Passive
In a similar fashion to earthbending falling on earthen materials and softening it to create a safe landing, earthbenders can also exhibit the ability to soften earth to create a temporary pit of quick sand. By holding shift and temporarily turning a circular area of earth into sand, this can show where players are being afflicted with slowness by the earthbender. Going further, landing and create soft earth can do the same to surrounding players as the ability, however, I don't know if it'd be possible to make the earthbender using this ability immune to their own slowness.

~Home Front~
Element: Air, Water, Fire, & Earth
In the series, the waterbenders take refuge in the poles and the swamp for their cold temperature and abundance of water. Firebenders live on beaches and tropical locations near the equator for it's general heat and energy. Earthbenders live in low-lying flat lands, increasing their connection to the earth. Airbenders live in temples that tower into the sky in remote locations to achieve spiritual enlightenment. As such, I've developed an idea to promote benders of every type to live in a location best suited to their element. It would allow them to have a small, passive attack boost based on their living quarters, something around 5-20% boost. The idea is for a player or group of players to build their home front in the ideal biome to be able to defend it well. Just like in the series.

Water: (Frozen) River, Ice Plains (Spikes), Cold Beach, Cold Taiga (M), (Deep) Ocean, Swamp
Fire: Desert (M), Mesa (Bryce), Jungle (Edge) (M), Savanna (M), Plateu (M), Beach, Hell
Air: Locations above 80y
Earth: Locations below 60y

I personally wouldn't add biomes to air or earth because they get a much larger range than fire and water, however fire and water still have their moon and sun boosts

That's all I have for now, but I hope to update this thread with more ideas. c:

Last edited:

Majorite

Verified Member
Nice ideas. Like zmeduna said before, healing waters takes away potion effects. I would like to see the "Precipitation" one added along with the "Quicksand" one.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
So, I just wanted to update this a bit since the potential shown in the season finale in book three was absolutely amazing.

~Flight~
I know this will be requested A LOT, but I wanted to make a couple of points on it besides making it the same as '/fly'. For one, it's very easy to succumb to airbending techniques, the user becoming light as air. Secondly, almost anything heavy enough can be used to weigh down the airbender. This could be implemented requiring an empty/nearly empty inventory.

~Mercury~
This one is tricky and not very appealing considering toxic liquid metal isn't a thing in Minecraft. But, then again, neither are smoke bombs so here's the basic idea. It would obviously be a poisoning attack. I'm not sure weather it should poison for a couple of seconds the same way IceSpike slows, or it should have a long poison effect with a long cool down. Could it possibly remove an avatars ability to use Avatar State (cooldown configurable) if they're killed with it? O: Possibilities.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Just saying, the removal of the Avatar's Avatar State isn't specific to the Mercury, the Avatar Cycle ends whenever an Avatar dies while in the Avatar State. IF we were to implement something like that we would most likely (IMO) make it a full thing not just the one ability.

masterkael

Verified Member
can we have a move called twister. its like a forward version of tornado. click and it will shoot air out like air blast but will spin the player a bunch and give nausea for 10 seconds. this will not do damage but as it spins the player (or mod,entity) they will get pushed back a lot. i have seen anng use this a lot so it would be cool to add.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
can we have a move called twister. its like a forward version of tornado. click and it will shoot air out like air blast but will spin the player a bunch and give nausea for 10 seconds. this will not do damage but as it spins the player (or mod,entity) they will get pushed back a lot. i have seen anng use this a lot so it would be cool to add.
You might want to read the one that says 'Whirlwind'

Majorite

Verified Member
I like your idea for flight. Clever work on that, however, in the show, it showed a Waterbender also controlling the mercury. If you watched closely, the person who 'put' the mercury in Korra looked as if he was water bending. So, could we mercury be able to controlled by Waterbenders and Metalbenders.

Chen

Verified Member
I don't think it is waterbendable, as if so Jinora would've have said to Tonraq that it was waterbendable, rather than Metalic.

Majorite

Verified Member
I don't think it is waterbendable, as if so Jinora would've have said to Tonraq that it was waterbendable, rather than Metalic.
-SPOILERS-

It looks like the person is waterbending it. You can tell by the way his arms flow, and he isn't using his feet to bend at all. Maybe Jinora said that because it looks metallic.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
And if you watch the show carefully metalbending often looks a lot like waterbending

X_Eco

Verified Member
Isn't mercury a liquid?Also one of the guard guarding the air benders said I can hold a ball of water.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Indeed! I feel most liquid substances like lava tend to require a little more knowledge of waterbending, however, mercury isn't 'water' in any form in a similar manner to how lava isn't fire.

Immallama

Verified Member
I agree that flight shouldn't be possible unless your inventory is completely empty since you have to "let go your earthly tether". This would be a great way insure the move isn't too op.

I also think the flight should be a bit more unique. Maybe you would only float as long as you hit the space bar. Or maybe hold space would make you float off in the direction your pointing.