ProjectKorra 1.8.4 has been released!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by OmniCypher, Jun 13, 2017.

1. MeskenasBoii

MeskenasBoii Member

Yeah. Bending server is nothing without JedCore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Simplicitee

Staff Member Developer

Lotta countries did slavery.. that was bad. Just cuz the majority use something doesn't mean it isn't bad lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MeskenasBoii

MeskenasBoii Member

Though I wish you explained how it is bad, because I don't what you meant in that strange anology (jedcore isn't moral? I don't think that argument fits at all).

Why I think jedcore is good :
    While I dislike its abilities because most of them are badly organized (not extented to existing stockss, but come in standalone ability, unlike his healingwaters ability), but a lot of them really do spice the game (earthbending abilities except Kick and Line, Breaths, wake fishing, meditate, backstab), and some are really better and logical/realistic than the stocks (icewall > surge, bloodbending, bloodpuppet, fireski, discharge). It has unbalance&unorganized features in here and there, but the good things listed outweigh it for me.

Yes, I did use to hate it, but I change my mind a little bit and though it's not really that bad. Of course, I believe PK can make it better If it devour that side plugin. ;)

4. TFORTNT

TFORTNT Member

I don't understand...in the removals section, Air bubble was removed? You even pointed out in the chart that air is the least picked element. Like what were u thinking on that one? "air is already the least picked element, lets remove air bubble and make air extinct like in the show!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. FirePro7860

FirePro7860 Member

It was removed because it isnt canon at all, that scene where aang and katara made a bubble, they both used waterbubble. Thats wherw thw mistake was, cus we assumed aang couldnt do that yet (quote me if im wrong)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D722 met Tapatalk

6. StrangeOne101

Staff Member Developer

That chart was just an example and has a sample of about 5 people. That isn't the real statistics of who chooses what lol. We'll find that out later down the line.

It was removed because it wasn't canon and it's been in the plans for a while. Plus it was a good time since WaterBubble got an overhaul

7. MeskenasBoii

MeskenasBoii Member

1. To clarify: one of the least picked elements, along with earthbending (which also got SandSpout removed) and chi blocking, so I don't see what's the fuss about that. The Chart shows all the three being at 14.3%
    2. Bubble abilities are barely used anyways, so it's not like somebody will choose airbending just for the sakes of travelling underwater or just air bubble in my opinion. That in my book is not a relative factor to why airbending is rarely used, although not denying it might have a slight impact nontheless.
    3. Adding to #2, it really doesn't fit to airbending. Yes, in theory and by logic any air bender could create a bubble, in canon none of them did and it's not a generic/classic ability (because nobody used it).

8. TFORTNT

TFORTNT Member

That would have been helpful info to state up there...
    that would have been helpful info to know =/. Also, I enjoyed air bubble and in the movie when he only knew air, he said he made an air bubble around him.

9. TFORTNT

TFORTNT Member

What I'm trying to say is air barely gets any new moves...air punch is the last move added and hat was months ago. I also a
    Had air bubble in my move slot so it kind of ticked me off more. On top of that, there isn't really any move usefull to me, unless they change the funnel burst into a cool down instead of a hold shift.

10. MeskenasBoii

MeskenasBoii Member

Which isn't the only one. Chiblocking too, but I believe others too. Now let's count what moves does all elements get since PK era. I'll do a list for my sakes of refreshing memory

Airbending:
    Suffocation
    Flight
    AirSweep
    AirStream
    Twister

Waterbending:
    Iceblast
    WaterArms.
    IceBullet
    Waterwave
    PlantArmor (once introduced, but removed later on)

Earthbending:
    EarthSmash
    Lavaflow
    Extraction
    MetalClips
    SandSpout (once introduced, but removed later on)

Firebending:
    FireManipulation
    Combustion

Chi Blocking:
    Immobilize
    QuickStrike
    Acrobatstance
    SwiftKick
    Smokescreen
    WarriorStance

Yeah, fire barely got anything new (one ability: just recently firemanipulation), followed by earthbending and waterbending same exact amout, while airbending being the THIRD, with chi blocking forth. Summary: airbending is the almost not the first one to have MORE moves than any other fighting style.

Not including custom abilities, since complaining that to PK would be just pointless as complaining to a minecraft developer why not add more horse breeds when an X mod includes more spiders. I hate to remind what custom abilities stand for, but people tend to forget tha.

What is funnel burst though? If that's an ability, I can tell it's not even an official move.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  11. TFORTNT

TFORTNT Member

Funnel burst is air burst but instead of letting go of shift, you click in a direction. Also, fire got fire manipulation, water got fixes with moves such as octopus form or the new water bubble animation. Not to mention earth had catapult fixed with not being able to catapult on earth block. Chi is in the same boat as air...barely any new moves.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  12. MeskenasBoii

MeskenasBoii Member

I'm sure air will get something in the other upcoming update. AirJump ability is planned to be implanted, and there are hints for Tornado getting a change.

13. TFORTNT

TFORTNT Member

I'm just gonna hope that a staff member sees this post, because all I want is for air burst's funnel burst to change to a cool down instead of holding shift to charge it up. You lose a lot of mobility and that can cause you a fight. In the bending server I play in, you barely see anyone using air burst as it take too long to charge up. And yes "why don't you just jump up and charge it in the air" because there are better things i can do in that time such as getting a combo on him or planning my next move. That's all.