• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrloq

Verified Member
Agree. It should be out of a particles and with the capacity of breaking blocks.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
True, each element except for air should have a breaking block move.
I don't hate air is just that I've only seen Aang break stones with air and he was in avatar state.

Tarrloq

Verified Member
I love how this move is designed. It would be a good addition to the plugin in my opinion. It would add some diversity and some cool animations and excitement that the plugin needs. However, we do already have a lot of plans for changes currently, so it would have to fit in with those.
It means a lot you read it, thanks.
any modification please tell me, so I can make it happen and fit in those "planned changes" :)

SuperBower118

Verified Member
True, each element except for air should have a breaking block move.
That's not an excuse to push this move into actuality. Water already has control over it's own domain. The only thing this move has to offer is just a small feature that's not that big. It doesn't diversify anything, and at this point, I honestly just think absolute waterbender mains want this simply because it'd make their life easier. Now I'm not saying that other people, including myself, want to push for things to happen so that the element can be improved, but this really has no logical backbone to fall on.

Tarrloq

Verified Member
That's not an excuse to push this move into actuality. Water already has control over it's own domain. The only thing this move has to offer is just a small feature that's not that big. It doesn't diversify anything.
In your opinion what would "diversify " the plugin then? fixing bugs and adding unecessary features to the already existing moves seems
retrogressive for me too.
I'm not saying that every single add-on or custom ability should be officially added, but i believe everyone should be more open-minded.
It is better to say what should be improved rather than just criticize and lead the suggestions forum to be empty, just because the idea doesn't "diversify enough"
I do think lots of things should be done before adding new moves but this move wasn't planned to make the waterbender's life easier, it was designed to add cannon material to the plugin.

-Kyakara

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That's not an excuse to push this move into actuality. Water already has control over it's own domain. The only thing this move has to offer is just a small feature that's not that big. It doesn't diversify anything, and at this point, I honestly just think absolute waterbender mains want this simply because it'd make their life easier. Now I'm not saying that other people, including myself, want to push for things to happen so that the element can be improved, but this really has no logical backbone to fall on.
I could disagree.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I disagree. A full moon empowers a waterbender
A full moon empowers a waterbender yes, But if the cooldown stays the same or decreases, a long with the damage, you get Super OP Waterbenders which throw stuff off balance

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
A little decrease wouldn't hurt. Also, hate to break through you - waterbenders are already op by the fullmoon.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Like I said, could also be made off lots of blue particles.
But for waterbending having particles is not very good looking. If it was a water block then it would be more appealing as none of the water moves currently use particles to animate the entire move.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Ok ok, before someone sticks the APPROVED sticker on this thing realize the abilities that benders have are vague in ProjectKorra. Adding this move would make it more like Jedcore. Water has watermanipulation icewave icespike torrent and octopusform as attacks. Waterblade was very situational and was only seen once.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Icewave was seen once, octy only twice, so those are situational as well.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Octopusform was shown as a technique to learn to control water better. Katara was teaching Aang this. Katara used it again to fight off all of the earthbenders. Icewave I don't agree with, so...

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
But for waterbending having particles is not very good looking. If it was a water block then it would be more appealing as none of the water moves currently use particles to animate the entire move.

*cough* icebullet *couch* healingwaters

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Ice bullet needs to be reworked too... It just looks stupid. It was a sphere of water with shards of ice flying out of it not a sphere of ice. Healingwaters has no particle effect?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah, that is if you played recent betas (starting from 1.8.1 I believe). It was also heavily change and expanded on. You can now heal others that aren't disrect contact with water (but you do need to select the source) and use a waterbottle as a aid to utilize that ability without a waterblock.

Status
Not open for further replies.