• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Heat Control Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiam

Verified Member
I personally agree that fire benders shouldn't be able to cool lava instantaneously. The ability to cool lava (fire benders) has only been displayed once in ATLA—By a very powerful and esteemed fire bender. -->
and it took a great amount of concentration and energy.
If cooling lava was as easy as it is in the plugin now, Mako, Bolin and Tenzin would have had a much easier time getting out of the melting air temple.
With that said, we do have to keep the plugin balanced. I think that slowing down the ability to cool lava would make sense.

6tijn

Verified Member
I think what thta guy's point s that some benders were just OP in the show. Nothing to do with the rarity of their subelement. Katara could bloodbend one person. Yakone 100. Now you can only bb 1 person. Ghazhan could turn a whole mountain into fluid lava (air temple), bolin couldn't, but he had still the abilty to lava bend... Etc. Etc. I think Sozin was one of those OPer than OP benders. I agree that configurable time would solve this discussion c:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think what thta guy's point s that some benders were just OP in the show. Nothing to do with the rarity of their subelement. Katara could bloodbend one person. Yakone 100. Now you can only bb 1 person. Ghazhan could turn a whole mountain into fluid lava (air temple), bolin couldn't, but he had still the abilty to lava bend... Etc. Etc. I think Sozin was one of those OPer than OP benders. I agree that configurable time would solve this discussion c:
What about, if you set it to -1, it could be like the old one?

Tony

Verified Member
I personally agree that fire benders shouldn't be able to cool lava instantaneously. The ability to cool lava (fire benders) has only been displayed once in ATLA—By a very powerful and esteemed fire bender. -->
and it took a great amount of concentration and energy.
If cooling lava was as easy as it is in the plugin now, Mako, Bolin and Tenzin would have had a much easier time getting out of the melting air temple.
With that said, we do have to keep the plugin balanced. I think that slowing down the ability to cool lava would make sense.
Mismo

6tijn

Verified Member
Something that should change too, I think. Firebenders can melt ice really really fast. In the show it took time, and Azula even couldn't melt the ice when she was frozen by Katara. I think that melting ice should/could
1)take longer. The progress of melting ice would last 1-5 seconds (configurable)
2) cooldown (not my fav)
3) charge time (holding shift for configurable amount of seconds to melt ice.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Something that should change too, I think. Firebenders can melt ice really really fast. In the show it took time, and Azula even couldn't melt the ice when she was frozen by Katara. I think that melting ice should/could
1)take longer. The progress of melting ice would last 1-5 seconds (configurable)
2) cooldown (not my fav)
3) charge time (holding shift for configurable amount of seconds to melt ice.
I think cooking food, should be done by clicking, and all the other stuff, should be done by shifting...

Faecous

Verified Member
Really? Weird. Wonder why this has been suggested many many times yet never has gone through.
You want to find any other suggestion of this that has not gone through? Because right now this is being looked into. So how about you don't make a fool out of yourself.

Faecous

Verified Member
Cool, i like the idea, but Lava is OP too. That shit burns you know. xD

I like the idea though. :)
In 1.8.1 lava is incredibly easy to dodge if you don't have lava throw on your server. And for any faction pvp raid server you would not want to use lava because it destroys items. However, if you are taken of guard you are dead. It's more an assassins element then anything else. :)

Faecous

Verified Member
So would you be happy with the idea of firebenders being able to left-click at fire and instantly extinguish it but to hold shift and left-click at lava to have smoke particles emit over a period of about 5 seconds before it cools?
yup.

owlcool

Verified Member
So, let me get this straight. You guys want to debuff a counter to lavabending, which is something done by only 2 people, and the counter has been in the plugin since orion's plugin, and lavabending just added recently. I am not saying you guys are earthbenders, but wow. Heatcontrol really isn't that overpowered. Ever killed someone with it? It is not something that gives you unlimited food. It is not something that is overpowered in any aspect of it's actual usage. But you still want to debuff it. Yeah, #LetsMakeLavaOverpowered

Faecous

Verified Member
So, let me get this straight. You guys w'ant to debuff a counter to lavabending, which is something done by only 2 people, and the counter has been in the plugin since orion's plugin, and lavabending just added recently. I am not saying you guys are earthbenders, but wow. Heatcontrol really isn't that overpowered. Ever killed someone with it? It is not something that gives you unlimited food. It is not something that is overpowered in any aspect of it's actual usage. But you still want to debuff it. Yeah, #LetsMakeLavaOverpowered
As of right now lava is under powered. The only way you can kill someone is by coming up behind them or taking them by surprise. Any other experienced bender will simply avoid the slow lava coming toward them. And lava disk can be made balanced by the owner of the server, but as of right now with the default settings it is worse then a normal earth blast.

and the counter has been in the plugin since orion's plugin

Just because it is old does not mean it is good. I find it unrealistic compared to the series and compared to the lavabender. I have brought up some valid points and you have not.

Just because you haven't killed someone with a move does not mean that its not overpowered.

owlcool

Verified Member
As of right now lava is under powered. The only way you can kill someone is by coming up behind them or taking them by surprise. Any other experienced bender will simply avoid the slow lava coming toward them. And lava disk can be made balanced by the owner of the server, but as of right now with the default settings it is worse then a normal earth blast.

and the counter has been in the plugin since orion's plugin

Just because it is old does not mean it is good. I find it unrealistic compared to the series and compared to the lavabender. I have brought up some valid points and you have not.

Just because you haven't killed someone with a move does not mean that its not overpowered.
The martial art behind lavabending is a slow, powerful, and short ranged martial art. Might that explain the tactics of lavabending? All heatcontrol does to lava is cool lava. It is not like we are freaking throwing it at people, or heating up ground to make people fall into lava, Burning used to be something just belonging to firebending. Because it controlled fire. Now we have earthbenders with a slower, more damaging, more defensive version of firebending. Sure seems fair to debuff firebending.

Faecous

Verified Member
The martial art behind lavabending is a slow, powerful, and short ranged martial art. Might that explain the tactics of lavabending? All heatcontrol does to lava is cool lava. It is not like we are freaking throwing it at people, or heating up ground to make people fall into lava, Burning used to be something just belonging to firebending. Because it controlled fire. Now we have earthbenders with a slower, more damaging, more defensive version of firebending. Sure seems fair to debuff firebending.
You completely misunderstand my point. As a fire bender you can just spam click heatcontroll to freeze lava AS SOON AS IT APPEARS COMPLETELY NEUTRALIZING IT --- RENDERING IT USELESS. That is unfair. And you know it.

You can even freeze lava throw in MID AIR freezing it into cobble. There is like no cool down on heatcontroll and it is

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
You completely misunderstand my point. As a fire bender you can just spam click heatcontroll to freeze lava AS SOON AS IT APPEARS COMPLETELY NEUTRALIZING IT --- RENDERING IT USELESS. That is unfair. And you know it.

You can even freeze lava throw in MID AIR freezing it into cobble. There is like no cool down on heatcontroll and it is
If you are complaining about the lava turning to cobble, make a bug report and say that is unfair, and it should be fixed. Don't suggest, lets debuff a major move of a element that has been in the plugin for a couple years. If you are in the middle of pvp, a average firebender isn't going to use heatcontrol the second lava appears, they are going to use it the second they fall into lava.

DanStryder

Verified Member
Hey Owl, why don't you give the guy a break?

Fighting a firebender with lava is like trying to defeat a murderer by surrendering all your possible ways to attack him.

HeatControl is mainly a utility moves besides obvious combat uses. All because it doesn't give you unlimited COOKED food, doesn't mean it can't cook at the raw food you have.

As for being an original move by Orion, well let's take away Metal Bending and Combos out of the plugin then. Orion was very strict with minecraftTLA, ProjectKorra is a lot more open to ideas hence our ability to metal if we wished to.

Owl if you don't like a move, please for the love of all things good, give constructive reasons as to why it shouldn't be allowed in the plugin. It's called respect, if you want your opinion to be taken seriously and not get anyone giving you grief over it, treat others how you want to be treated.

Sketz

Verified Member
In 1.8.1 lava is incredibly easy to dodge if you don't have lava throw on your server. And for any faction pvp raid server you would not want to use lava because it destroys items. However, if you are taken of guard you are dead. It's more an assassins element then anything else. :)

Nah, Right now, My server is 1.7.2-1.7.10

Status
Not open for further replies.