• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Extended Tremorsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfm2001

Verified Member
Hello all, pfm2001 here. Tremorsense is a great ability. I think we all know this, but its limits bother me. Tremorsense is supposed to work by letting the user feel the vibrations in the ground. That being said, I think that Tremorsense should also show glowstone under any other moving entities in the dark. Toph (Who I KNOW inspired this move) "saw" everyone by feeling them. Not making a tiny patch of light under her. Therefore, I think people should be able to "see" other entities in a similar manner.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Tremorsense should also show glowstone under any other moving entities in the dark.
That'd be extremely overpowered, as you would know when ANYONE gets near you.. The plugin's goal isn't to match the show completely, it also needs to have a sense of balance betwixt the moves.

jedk1

Hello all, pfm2001 here. Tremorsense is a great ability. I think we all know this, but its limits bother me. Tremorsense is supposed to work by letting the user feel the vibrations in the ground. That being said, I think that Tremorsense should also show glowstone under any other moving entities in the dark. Toph (Who I KNOW inspired this move) "saw" everyone by feeling them. Not making a tiny patch of light under her. Therefore, I think people should be able to "see" other entities in a similar manner.
Err... Cant you see when people are near you anyway? Like... isnt that what our eyes are for?

pfm2001

Verified Member
It's tedious because you don't know when anything is around you, especially in the dark. It doesn't hurt people, so it's not quite overpowered.

pfm2001

Verified Member
I play on Maximum Brightness, and I still see only a tiny bit when I'm in a cave, meaning that tremorsense is even less effective than a torch

pfm2001

Verified Member
I don't want to hack. I want an improvement to something basically all Earthbenders use and some rely on.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I had made an suggestion that turns the few earthbendable blocks and non bendable blocks into barriers, allowing you to see earth. With that it would also make players invincible with no name tags but with glowstone beneat your feet visible to you. The light factor would be high emitted, allowing to detect players around you. I think mine one is less overpower then yours, and should be used that one.

HydroMan

Verified Member
That's sounds even more op in my opinion. They can find bases and stuff.
How? Most of the blocks players build are more frequent without having earthbendable blocks in their build. This would only allow you to see earthbendable blocks while the rest are invisible. It even disallows to see usual earthbending blocks, such as stones, sand and stone. The are less likely to be found builds made out of dirt, gravel, stone ,but there are more commons ones made out of wood, cobblestone, obsidian.

Last edited:

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
How? Most of the blocks players build are more frequent without having earthbendable blocks in their build. This would only allow you to see earthbendable blocks while the rest are invisible. It even disallows to see usual earthbending blocks, such as stones, sand and stone. The are less likely to find builds made out of dirt, gravel, stone and more to see commons ones out of wood, cobblestone, obsidian.
What?

pfm2001

Verified Member
#How Toph found Dai Li HQ
(season 2 ATLA)
#How Toph and Lin found the Zaofu prison
(season 4 LOK)
I'm saying it's more OP because in the game, you can find a base that someone may have worked really hard on to hide, and it's really similar to X-Ray. They're concerned about the suggestion making the move OP.

MikaDoooo

Verified Member
I'm saying it's more OP because in the game, you can find a base that someone may have worked really hard on to hide, and it's really similar to X-Ray. They're concerned about the suggestion making the move OP.
I have to agree with you there, but I bet there's a solution for that
Maybe it can be fixed with some sort of range limit? Like the ability doesn't show players X blocks+ under your y coordinate.
I don't think it's possible, but what about You can only see player on Earthbendable blocks. (I think Hydroman was trying to say that too)

Status
Not open for further replies.