• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete |Element Toggle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashe36

Verified Member
This is not an ability suggestion, so if you're looking for new moves, you'll have to go elsewhere.

What is Element Toggle?
For those of you who read the title and think, well we already have bending toggle, so what use is this? They are not at all the same. Element toggle allows benders with multiple elements to toggle a specific one, instead of toggling them all as a whole (I suppose a player with one element could do this, but it wouldn't have much use). I came up with two options for commands, to use them as examples.

/element toggle water [turns off all water bending, INCLUDING passives]

/bending toggle water [does the same thing, just wanted to show the alternative command]

The command will turn off all abilities in the element, and the elements respective passive abilities, such as negating fall damage, fast swim, speed, jump boost, and shorter burning times.

The command will be reversed by simply typing it in again.

• It would be a nice addition to keep bending toggled after logging out
  • When an element is toggled, and a player attempts to use an ability from said element, a warning message should indicate to the player that said element is toggled, and how to toggle it back on.
How is Element Toggling Useful?

Developers/Server Owners

Developers and server owners with more than one element could use this to test an element/ability on it's own, without other passives effecting it.

Avatars/Players Carrying Multiple Elements

If an avatar* wishes to practice one element on it's own, and does not wish to use passives from other elements, this will come in handy.

If an avatar* is challenged to a 1 on 1 duel, but only wishes to use one element, this will be useful.

If an avatar* decides to switch back to using one element, this will be useful.

*avatar meaning a player with more than one element

Example: A player with more than one element decides to specifically practice firebending. In the current plugin, they will never get the true feel of firebending because they have increased speed, or fall damage. With /bending toggle [element], they could carry on as they please.

Side Note: When simply typing /bending toggle, it will assume you want all elements and abilities toggled. The only two things it would change is /bending toggle would take away your passives as well, which currently, it does not. It would also change /bending toggle staying on after you log in and out of the server.

Last edited:

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
This was already suggested :I
If it has been suggested already then this is more in depth. WAY more in depth. Even if t was, can I have the link please?

Nice jobe ashe36. This is why I miss you being a Concept Designer. You were perfect at it ;-;

orfeas

Verified Member
If it has been suggested already then this is more in depth. WAY more in depth. Even if t was, can I have the link please?

Nice jobe ashe36. This is why I miss you being a Concept Designer. You were perfect at it ;-;
http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/disable-one-element.2892/
yeah mine is not that in depth but honestly it is a simple idea and i basic say the same thing(little difference with the command)Ofc when you disable an element it disables passives to.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/disable-one-element.2892/
yeah mine is not that in depth but honestly it is a simple idea and i basic say the same thing(little difference with the command)Ofc when you disable an element it disables passives to.

ashe36

Verified Member
Look, I don't filter through suggestions anymore. I formatted a decent way to put in something that I believed should be added, and put it on the forums. Bottom line, it still hasn't been added, so calm down.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
Look, I don't filter through suggestions anymore. I formatted a decent way to put in something that I believed should be added, and put it on the forums. Bottom line, it still hasn't been added, so calm down.
Yeah my apologies for my first comment, I skimmed it but went back to it to look, it makes a lot more sense.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Really good idea! :D

Would also be very useful if you could use a similar command to toggle all offensive moves/toggle all moves off except passive. This would just be nice for things like building but still being able to not taking fall damage, etc. :)

ashe36

Verified Member
Really good idea! :D

Would also be very useful if you could use a similar command to toggle all offensive moves/toggle all moves off except passive. This would just be nice for things like building but still being able to not taking fall damage, etc. :)
Wouldn't want to add in too many complications. There's always the /bending clear command :p

Status
Not open for further replies.