• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Earth column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylsnake

Verified Member
Right now all I want to know is if its good or bad. NOT!!! if its this element or that move. All I want people to do right now is say
yes = I like it.
no = I dont like it because________.
And any problems with this idea that could be fixed.

owlcool

Verified Member
Right now all I want to know is if its good or bad. NOT!!! if its this element or that move. All I want people to do right now is say
yes = I like it.
no = I dont like it because________.
And any problems with this idea that could be fixed.
I am going to rip the band aid right off.
The problem is the move. The move is just a bad idea in general.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I like this idea, it would be kinda a refresh for earthbenders. Nice one, @Dylsnake!
Now, about the other members, I haven't any problem to say that I was close to report some posts. This forum is about sharing ideas. LOGICAL ideas. There was no need for that spam. Yes, his idea is logical as Waterarms is. But it can or cannot be implemented. That's why this forum exists. If the creators of the plugin didn't care about the Players, they would make the plugin for themselves. But they do care, and how do you react to that freedom? Spamming a thread because "F is for Friends". If you want to have fun/troll people, I recommend another website. Here is a place for people that are interested on sharing ideas and questions. Have a good day.

owlcool

Verified Member
I like this idea, it would be kinda a refresh for earthbenders. Nice one, @Dylsnake!
Now, about the other members, I haven't any problem to say that I was close to report some posts. This forum is about sharing ideas. LOGICAL ideas. There was no need for that spam. Yes, his idea is logical as Waterarms is. But it can or cannot be implemented. That's why this forum exists. If the creators of the plugin didn't care about the Players, they would make the plugin for themselves. But they do care, and how do you react to that freedom? Spamming a thread because "F is for Friends". If you want to have fun/troll people, I recommend another website. Here is a place for people that are interested on sharing ideas and questions. Have a good day.
It CAN be implemented, But It SHOULDN'T be added.

Dylsnake

Verified Member

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
If you want to make a column of earth to hit someone with, just click raiseearth under them. If you want it to do damage, it sort of does 'cuz of how they kind of suffocate in it.

owlcool

Verified Member
Many things have been made in the plugin that were hard to code.

How would it be?

I think there would be a way
1. How would this not be comparable to octopusform, with it being a diagonal line of earth that goes out that is the size of raiseearth that goes diagonally, implemented into raiseearth.
2. If this brings people up to the diagonal height, such as chi blockers, then it would have tons of fall damage and would therefor be overpowered. If it only hits targets in the sky, then it would be underpowered and not cannon.
3. By well represented in the plugin, with the problems in number 2 it wouldn't be very close to Toph easily doing this to another earthbender, let alone a skilled Dai li agent, it would be used WAY more often then it was in the show if it had the fall damage, and there just isn't really much way to balance this out.
4. Just not that much need for this since you can replicate it with raiseearth click for damage and fall damage.
Have I explained my view of this enough?

Dylsnake

Verified Member
1. How would this not be comparable to octopusform, with it being a diagonal line of earth that goes out that is the size of raiseearth that goes diagonally, implemented into raiseearth.
2. If this brings people up to the diagonal height, such as chi blockers, then it would have tons of fall damage and would therefor be overpowered. If it only hits targets in the sky, then it would be underpowered and not cannon.
3. By well represented in the plugin, with the problems in number 2 it wouldn't be very close to Toph easily doing this to another earthbender, let alone a skilled Dai li agent, it would be used WAY more often then it was in the show if it had the fall damage, and there just isn't really much way to balance this out.
4. Just not that much need for this since you can replicate it with raiseearth click for damage and fall damage.
Have I explained my view of this enough?
What do you think needs changing to make this idea work?

Dylsnake

Verified Member
Well one of uses I said before was that it could be used for bridges could this move be added for that.
E.g2015-02-18_10.58.15.png 2015-02-18_10.59.31.png

And it would not duplicate blocks cause the earth blocks behind would be deleted 2015-02-18_10.59.35.png

Dylsnake

Verified Member
Shift while using catapult to cover short distances, click to cover long.
My idea is not to make a better catapult it is to be able to move columns in more than one direction to make bridges like
Well one of uses I said before was that it could be used for bridges could this move be added for that.
E.gView attachment 856 View attachment 857

And it would not duplicate blocks cause the earth blocks behind would be deleted View attachment 858
and and have it give people some damage that is it

Migsel

Verified Member
So is it going to be used by tapping sneak for the origin and then clicking somewhere to shoot it? I think that would be cool as long as it wasn't a projectile the would come completely out of the ground. Maybe it could be used to shoot yourself maybe about 15 blocks in a direction? The bridge idea isn't bad.

Dylsnake

Verified Member
the earthcolumn would not be a projectile, it would be like raiseearth cause raiseearth is not like a projectile

Migsel

Verified Member
I was thinking the column could be used like how you could shoot AirBlast from a designated origin but the column just stays in place. It would do maybe 1 heart of damage, 3 blocks knockback, and 2 second cooldown? Utilities would be it could act as a short bridge and you could shoot yourself somewhere between 5- 20 blocks in any direction?

Dylsnake

Verified Member
I was thinking the column could be used like how you could shoot AirBlast from a designated origin but the column just stays in place. It would do maybe 1 heart of damage, 3 blocks knockback, and 2 second cooldown? Utilities would be it could act as a short bridge and you could shoot yourself somewhere between 5- 20 blocks in any direction?
That's sorta what I was aiming for when I thought of this idea

owlcool

Verified Member
So...How would this be added onto raiseearth? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.