• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Different colored fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold

Verified Member
You guys said this is going to be purely aesthetic. But wasn't the reason Azula had blue fire because she was a firebending prodigy? Why shouldn't this make fire moves take more damage? Anyway that's how I remembered it was like.

Gahshunk

Verified Member
I didn't say that... Why would you quote me when I never said any of that? I suggested that a coder could do a command to give a person blue fire. I didn't ever say you could change them, I said if you coded them to appear and do specific things it might work.

T_T

Default: Orange/yellow fire whatever the regular color is
By command: Blue fire
It's not a matter of who would have permission to use it.
It's a matter of Minecraft mechanics we can use to make this possible. There are very few because the fire particles are the color that you see them. We can't change the color. If we use a different particle, the particle comes with its own motion mechanics that we cannot alter.

Kwesi

Verified Member
You guys said this is going to be purely aesthetic. But wasn't the reason Azula had blue fire because she was a firebending prodigy? Why shouldn't this make fire moves take more damage? Anyway that's how I remembered it was like.
I believe that the colour of Azula's fire is something that she learned how to do because of her firebending skill, yes. Although, I think the blue fire is simply her preferred choice. I reckon she could firebend in the tradtional hue and it would not mitigate her power in any way.

Azula may be a prodigy, but obviously, being a prodigy alone is not automatically going to make her most powerful firebender or the most skilled. If we look at noticeably skilled firebenders, maybe one like Iroh, he uses the common colours but his firebending abilities almost certainly surpass Azula's.

I don't know what exactly firebenders do to use those different colours in their bending, but we do know these colours exist in firebending in general. Perhaps it is a certain quality which you either have or you don't. Maybe all firebenders can do but most have not been able to. Maybe some of the firebending greats we know in the series do know how to bend with different colours but prefer not to.

Whatever it maybe I honesty think, if this is to be implemented (which I think should if it can be done well), that it should just for looks and not have an effect on the power of any firebending techniques.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I believe that the colour of Azula's fire is something that she learned how to do because of her firebending skill, yes. Although, I think the blue fire is simply her preferred choice. I reckon she could firebend in the tradtional hue and it would not mitigate her power in any way.

Azula may be a prodigy, but obviously, being a prodigy alone is not automatically going to make her most powerful firebender or the most skilled. If we look at noticeably skilled firebenders, maybe one like Iroh, he uses the common colours but his firebending abilities almost certainly surpass Azula's.

I don't know what exactly firebenders do to use those different colours in their bending, but we do know these colours exist in firebending in general. Perhaps it is a certain quality which you either have or you don't. Maybe all firebenders can do but most have not been able to. Maybe some of the firebending greats we know in the series do know how to bend with different colours but prefer not to.

Whatever it maybe I honesty think, if this is to be implemented (which I think should if it can be done well), that it should just for looks and not have an effect on the power of any firebending techniques.
I noticed the way Azula fire bends, she sticks two fingers out as if conducting lightning. I think that is why she has blue fire.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Wow, that's the first time I've seen that. I looked and her firebending mainly consists of the same hand forms. Although...perhaps this is how she transitioned to blue, either that or she's trying to shoot smaller flames with power by releasing them from a smaller point.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member

azulas fire was blue because when a firelord and the avatar have an offspring theres a chance that they will be slightly more powerful than any other normal firebenderbender that goes for all elements not sure about chi but the rest is a certainty
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
something like that :D:eek::( :s

Kwesi

Verified Member
azulas fire was blue because when a firelord and the avatar have an offspring theres a chance that they will be slightly more powerful than any other normal firebenderbender that goes for all elements not sure about chi but the rest is a certainty
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
something like that :D:eek::( :s
Yes, I know bending capacity is genetic, which could actually be the main factor here. I mean, she needed to master firebending before you could bend with blue flames, but that sounds like the most plausible concept that would explain her bending. I didn't really look at it that way, although I should have. :O

jedk1

Ok, so I hate to be that one guy, but please don't call Avatar an anime. Be happy with the fact that the U.S. can create content at this level of quality. It's a cartoon.
In my eyes:
Anime = every female has to be a size FF or higher.
I so no breasts that big in tla or tlk, so therefor not an anime xD

Kwesi

Verified Member
W
In my eyes:
Anime = every female has to be a size FF or higher.
I so no breasts that big in tla or tlk, so therefor not an anime xD
Well it is a show broadcasted on a kids show. XD But I don't think it's an anime either. I believe it was animated in Korea anyway. It's not Japanese.

Last edited:

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
It's not a matter of who would have permission to use it.
It's a matter of Minecraft mechanics we can use to make this possible. There are very few because the fire particles are the color that you see them. We can't change the color. If we use a different particle, the particle comes with its own motion mechanics that we cannot alter.
i though fly already changed the color of his firebending?

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Heh... umm I hate to bring you down but this is just me editing the fire particles in my texture pack.. lol.

See I had to edit torches so that they matched the particles :X
aweeeeeeee as if i got super excited lmaoo

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I wonder if it is possibly that maybe some kind of block-breaking particles can be used to look like blue fire?
I personaly think block breaking particles would suck cause they fall down:/

I used redstone to execute particles at an invisible arrow

Blue FireWork particles with a low burst range. It worked very well!!

I also tried green fire using the HappyVillager particle. It looked awesome!!

I don't see why this couldn't be implented... I mean, if it is possible by redstone, why wouldn't it be by Java codes?:/

Or maybe you could mix fire and those other particles? That is what the dragons did in their tornado thing.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
(small spoiler from season 1. You have been warned)

Ok so in the anime there were some firebenders that could bend in different colors. For example, When Azula firebent in the anime it was blue.

My suggestion is to add Different colored Firebending. Blue Firebending is the only color I can think of right now that is possible. I was thinking that maybe you could use the water particles and replace them with the fire particles for players who have the permission/node to use it.
TLA AND LOK ARENT ANIME

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
I noticed the way Azula fire bends, she sticks two fingers out as if conducting lightning. I think that is why she has blue fire.
I always assumed Azula's fire was blue because of her incredible drive and aspirations. We've seen the effect that not having a purpose has on your firebending, so I thought it made sense because Blue fire is hotter than regular fire. Lots of drive = hotter fire. Anyone agree with my thesis?

Status
Not open for further replies.