• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Different colored fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
I ment that a dude (dont remember his name) who had a lot of bukkit on his name, saw that craftbukkit became from mojang, but mojang didnt buy all the copyright rights. And that is why he was able to take all of bukkit down.
Uhm..... Mojang bought craftbukkit, they're going to update it, go check it out.

SenpaiBlaze

Verified Member
There's a chance It will and won't update. This is getting off topic; back to your idea. Maybe something like magicCrit particles seen on discharge

Gahshunk

Verified Member
The thing preventing particles from looking like fire particles is there movement behavior. Diamond particles are just square particles that fall to the ground. Fire particles, as you can see, kind of expand and contract. I can't think of another particle that does that

Also, Mojang can't legally buy craftbukkit. They only hired the core members.

Moonelight

Verified Member
The thing preventing particles from looking like fire particles is there movement behavior. Diamond particles are just square particles that fall to the ground. Fire particles, as you can see, kind of expand and contract. I can't think of another particle that does that

Also, Mojang can't legally buy craftbukkit. They only hired the core members.
This is where the Project Korra Resource pack would come in hand I am thinking.

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Hey guys, guess what...

I edited my fire particles.
THIS IS PERFECTTT OMMMGGG <3<3<3<3 i love it!!!! maybe make it so every like 1 in 200 benders will have blue fire andd avatars and your set for lifeeee omg cant get over how amazingly awesome thing looks!!! cant stop looking at it.... think im going to cry :') :D:D

Moonelight

Verified Member
THIS IS PERFECTTT OMMMGGG <3<3<3<3 i love it!!!! maybe make it so every like 1 in 200 benders will have blue fire andd avatars and your set for lifeeee omg cant get over how amazingly awesome thing looks!!! cant stop looking at it.... think im going to cry :') :D:D
Heh... umm I hate to bring you down but this is just me editing the fire particles in my texture pack.. lol.

See I had to edit torches so that they matched the particles :X

David

Verified Member
(small spoiler from season 1. You have been warned)

Ok so in the anime there were some firebenders that could bend in different colors. For example, When Azula firebent in the anime it was blue.

My suggestion is to add Different colored Firebending. Blue Firebending is the only color I can think of right now that is possible. I was thinking that maybe you could use the water particles and replace them with the fire particles for players who have the permission/node to use it.
Love this idea so much. I imagine it being more colours like green and purple, the ones that the dragons displayed. Although I wouldn't use water particles for the blue fire, I'd use the particle which is sometimes called "magicCrit," it's the particle that is used for the addon move "Discharge."

I don't think there should be any added damage though I think it should be just purely cosmetic and for RP purposes.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Diamond particles are just square particles that fall to the ground. Fire particles, as you can see, kind of expand and contract. I can't think of another particle that does that
Well, if you made it correctly, or just made the particles disappear immediately it would look fine.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Love this idea so much. I imagine it being more colours like green and purple, the ones that the dragons displayed. Although I wouldn't use water particles for the blue fire, I'd use the particle which is sometimes called "magicCrit," it's the particle that is used for the addon move "Discharge."

I don't think there should be any added damage though I think it should be just purely cosmetic and for RP purposes.
I agree, it should be purely aesthetic. I don't know any evidence that would imply colours other than the common one are more powerful. Plus, it prevents people from looking iconic and being unbalanced. XD

jedk1

Well, if you made it correctly, or just made the particles disappear immediately it would look fine.
you cant do that. minecraft particles are as they are. you cant change them. and you cant say "oh just make special particles in the pk resource pack" because not everyone will use it and it would look bad. Colored fire just aint gonna happen...

cookiem42

Verified Member
Since fire particles only have one color, I recommend firework particles. It'd look nice, but how does one decided what color the fire is? Each move has a different color?

Moonelight

Verified Member
you cant do that. minecraft particles are as they are. you cant change them. and you cant say "oh just make special particles in the pk resource pack" because not everyone will use it and it would look bad. Colored fire just aint gonna happen...
I didn't say that... Why would you quote me when I never said any of that? I suggested that a coder could do a command to give a person blue fire. I didn't ever say you could change them, I said if you coded them to appear and do specific things it might work.
because not everyone will use it and it would look bad. Colored fire just aint gonna happen...
T_T

Default: Orange/yellow fire whatever the regular color is
By command: Blue fire

Status
Not open for further replies.