• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Dark Avatar (Balancing Avatar?)

Moonelight

Verified Member
Not saying this would ever make it, but the Dark Avatar should get recognized in the plugin shouldn't it? Sure, Korra destroyed him but that doesn't mean it still can't be added:)
This would be a option that you can turn on and off so that your server stays the way you want it.

Dark Avatar
The Dark Avatar was an idea I originally had just because I thought it was cool, but if you think about it the Dark Avatar could be used to balance all benders ultimately? The Light Avatar has the most power to keep balance, but in a typical Minecraft server the person with the Avatar power would use it for PvP rather than balancing. So basically using it to unbalance everyone(?).
The Dark Avatar would be the Light Avatar's counter. Possessing the same powers, and abilities.

The Dark Avatar would ultimately be added to just completely balance the plugin bending wise. Countering the Light Avatar!
I don't know if any special moves should be made for the Dark Avatar, but maybe a dark beam for the Dark and Light beam for the Light Avatar?

Right now this is all I have. Suggestions and thoughts in comments please! Thanks:)

Suggested:
Dark Avatar Spiritual Powers
Instead of giving the Dark Avatar all four elements, the Dark Avatar state would mainly boost the native element of the user. So without all four elements what is the point of a Dark Avatar? Well, you see the Dark Avatar mainly focused on offense and using spiritual powers the Light Avatar didn't possess. That's why I believe the Dark Avatar should posses the power to use a move that only he/she can have. There might be more than one move I suggest, so read below to find out.

Spirit Blast||Dark Avatar Move
Sends a giant beam of purple dark energy out of the torso of the user.
(Enderman Particles)
Beam extends to 20 blocks until hitting something/someone/mob/Light Spirit Blast
Beam deals 4 hearts of damage when not in Dark Avatar State
Beam deals 7 hearts of damage when using the Dark Avatar State
15 second cool down when not in Dark Avatar State
8 Second cool down when using Dark Avatar State
--
Use move like this:
Shift with move selected for 5 seconds until you see enderman particles
Release shift with move selected
-Beam gets shot-

Dark Spirit Vines||Dark Avatar Move
Sends a path of tall grass to a user to trap them in 4x4 tall grass that acts as spider web
Does no damage
Causes slowness effect for 3 seconds after escaped
Tall grass trap goes away after 8 seconds
10 second cooldown (Dark Avatar State & with no Dark Avatar State)
--
Use like this:
Shift for 3 seconds with move selected until grass forms around you
Release with move selected to send grass in any direction
When grass hits user/mob it turns to tall grass and then traps them

And for the sake of balancing out the plugin, here is a Light Avatar move to counter.
http://projectkorra.com/threads/light-avatar-move-branch-off-of-dark-avatar-thread.1218/

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
Vaatu's Avatar Spirit did not possess the exact same power as Raava's Avatar Spirit. Raava was in possession of all the elements which is why Korra and her predecessors could use all four and UnaVaatu could only use water. That being said, I think that could be something to capalise on for each avatar: Due to the formation of Light Avatar Spirit the style attacks were oriented to bending a lot, whereas with the formation of the Dark Avatar Spirit the style of attacks was a reasonable mix of waterbending and spiritual attacks. Perhaps the Dark Avatar would have certain spiritual abilities the Light Avatar would not possess to compensate for the lack of bending versatility?

EpicDeath

Verified Member
Wouldnt that be giving a player with only one element the avatarstate access? Same power as the avatar but only one element.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Wouldnt that be giving a player with only one element the avatarstate access? Same power as the avatar but only one element.
Yeah, generally, it would. I feel like that's a little stale. It would almost equate to a waterbender during the full moon and that doesn't make the Dark Avatar that extraordinary. That's why I think the Dark Avatar should be given some Vaatu-based abilities: just powerful Dark Spirit attacks along with waterbending and the Avatar State.

Last edited:

EpicDeath

Verified Member
But if you any other type of bender you would gain water and dark spirit, but in reality the water came from the guy who fused with vaatu... so technically if you were a earth bender and u used the dark spirit you would only have that dark avatar and earth bending

Kwesi

Verified Member
But if you any other type of bender you would gain water and dark spirit, but in reality the water came from the guy who fused with vaatu... so technically if you were a earth bender and u used the dark spirit you would only have that dark avatar and earth bending
Yeah, that's a fair point.

Kwesi

Verified Member
But I do understand what you were saying :p
Yeah, it would pretty much ordinarily be their native element and the Avatar State, which I do not feel is equal. Since Vaatu seems very dominant as he gains strength he uses many of his own abilities so it would be nice to incorporate them and give the Dark Avatar an edge the Light Avatar would not have. it would also even things out and allow a respectable diversity pertaining to their separate nature.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yeah, it would pretty much ordinarily be their native element and the Avatar State, which I do not feel is equal. Since Vaatu seems very dominant as he gains strength he uses many of his own abilities so it would be nice to incorporate them and give the Dark Avatar an edge the Light Avatar would not have. it would also even things out and allow a respectable diversity pertaining to their separate nature.
I think we never saw Korra using Ravaa's powers because light spirits don't really attack. Maybe the avatar could get some type of healing thing for others, while the dark avatar gets attacks?

Moonelight

Verified Member
I thought about the "One element only for Dark Avatar" thing and didn't really know if I should add it. But I will later.
Definantly should have some spiritual powers Raava doesn't have!

I'll get right on editing the thread.

Verdinhox2

Verified Member
That's an interesting idea to ponder.
Unalaq actually could bend elements, if the lion turtles give then to him, all the lion turtles give his elemental power to the first avatar, and raava needed to ''pocess'' the first avatar to make him able to bend all the four, then the same could be done with unalaq, but he didn't received this power from the lion turtles so he can't bend all four even with vatuu's powers

Moonelight

Verified Member
Unalaq actually could bend elements, if the lion turtles give then to him, all the lion turtles give his elemental power to the first avatar, and raava needed to ''pocess'' the first avatar to make him able to bend all the four, then the same could be done with unalaq, but he didn't received this power from the lion turtles so he can't bend all four even with vatuu's powers
I'll add a Vaatu spiritual power to the thread, I'm just not editing it right now because I don't have access to a computer, I'm using my phone....

owlcool

Verified Member
Not saying this would ever make it, but the Dark Avatar should get recognized in the plugin shouldn't it? Sure, Korra destroyed him but that doesn't mean it still can't be added:)
This would be a option that you can turn on and off so that your server stays the way you want it.

Dark Avatar
The Dark Avatar was an idea I originally had just because I thought it was cool, but if you think about it the Dark Avatar could be used to balance all benders ultimately? The Light Avatar has the most power to keep balance, but in a typical Minecraft server the person with the Avatar power would use it for PvP rather than balancing. So basically using it to unbalance everyone(?).
The Dark Avatar would be the Light Avatar's counter. Possessing the same powers, and abilities.

The Dark Avatar would ultimately be added to just completely balance the plugin bending wise. Countering the Light Avatar!
I don't know if any special moves should be made for the Dark Avatar, but maybe a dark beam for the Dark and Light beam for the Light Avatar?

Right now this is all I have. Suggestions and thoughts in comments please! Thanks:)
Yeah, but who's to say they won't team? Wouldn't that be op?

Moonelight

Verified Member
Yeah, but who's to say they won't team? Wouldn't that be op?
The Admin/Owner/Mod of the server would be the one that fully decides whether or not that is aloud in the server they are teaming on. Yes it would be op, but I think that through natural process the Dark Avatar and Light Avatar would be rivals.
I see your point and it probably will happen, and if you think about it there is probably servers where there are more than one avatar (Mine being one, except you can get each element you want.. mine being Fire and Air).
There really isn't any way you could stop that unfortunently, but you can control whether or not they are Avatars by being someone in hargr of the server.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Will update with some counter moves to balance it out (Light Avatar moves)

I'll put one light avatar move as this thread is about Dark Avatar.

EpicDeath

Verified Member
Spirit Blast||Dark Avatar Move
Sends a giant beam of purple dark energy out of the torso of the user.
(Enderman Particles)
Beam extends to 20 blocks until hitting something/someone/mob/Light Spirit Blast
Beam deals 4 hearts of damage when not in Dark Avatar State
Beam deals 7 hearts of damage when using the Dark Avatar State
15 second cool down when not in Dark Avatar State
8 Second cool down when using Dark Avatar State
Wouldn't you have to be in the dark state to use the ability?
In my opinion not being in the state would kinda be a little op, seeing that the person would gain the energy to do so while in the state.

I do like the idea though ^-^

Moonelight

Verified Member
Wouldn't you have to be in the dark state to use the ability?
In my opinion not being in the state would kinda be a little op, seeing that the person would gain the energy to do so while in the state.

I do like the idea though ^-^
The Dark Avatar's abilities are weaker than what the Avatar is capable of.
Tell me, if the Light Avatar had to be in the Avatar State to use all four elements, wouldn't that.. in a way... defeat one of the purposes of the Light Avatar?

DanStryder

Verified Member
I think this idea is a good one, it works well for balancing in my opinion.

I think with some config tweaks then it would be definitely something I'd want on my server :D It would definitely give another side to bending. I can see players forming some sort of alliances with the dark and light avatars and rage wars against each other, or at least give them something interesting to have between them, maybe some sort of team system could be made for this, I know Factions is out there but like in /b who, it could say if you are good/bad/neutral from your alignment towards an avatar? I might just be rambling due it being late oh well

I thought I'd keep this thread alive for you Fly :)