• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwesi

Verified Member
The inception of this concept was brought about by several players, including me. As the name suggests, this would be a set of combo abilities exclusive to the avatar. The thing that classifies an AvatarCombo is that the abilities share the properties of multiple elements rather than just one.

The way to contribute to this suggestion is to post a reference to an ability for this feature in this thread.

The criteria for these abilities are:

Cannot be too exaggerated - must maintain enough balance.

Combo formulae must have at least 4 components: these abilities will naturally require more steps to execute, being made from multiple elements. This will also require greater skill and help to balance them out amongst non-avatar abilities.

----------------------AvatarCombo Abilities (always being updated)------------------------------------------

***Four Element Abilities (Avatar State required)***
ElementalBlast (Water/Earth/Fire/Air) Reference: In this thread

***Two Elemental Abilities***
Blizzard (Water/Air) Reference: http://projectkorra.com/threads/avatarcombo-blizzard.1179/
MudSlap (Water/Earth) Reference: http://projectkorra.com/threads/avatar-ability-3.1128/
FlameGust (Fire/Air) Reference: http://projectkorra.com/threads/avatar-ability-2.1127/

Additional discussion of the features suggested are in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is a big suggestion to make, but I think it's definitely one worth pondering and the contribution of all of you could make this really revolutionary for the plug-in. That being said, I hope the staff can think hard about how this would affect the plug-in and ultimate decide the concept's fate. I hope it is or becomes something that you all can work with. Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
The thing which I am debating is the use of AvatarCombos being restricted to the avatar state. I'm thinking that, on one hand I don't want the avatar state naturally gauging up the abilities' power, but would it be more logical to only be capable of them in the avatar state?

Perhaps it could depend on the amount of elements used?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
(I was one of those several other players, sort of.) To answer the question you just gave, no it wouldn't be logical to restrict the combos to the avatarstate, as the avatar doesn't need to be in the avatarstate to bend multiple elements.

Kwesi

Verified Member
One ability I can think of which would make sense is:

Name: ElementalBlast

Description: Combo: WaterManipulation (tap sneak) > EarthBlast (tap sneak) > FireBlast (tap sneak) > AirBlast (hold sneak) > AirBlast (left-click)
Can only be performed in the avatar state. Send a powerful blast of the four elements to cause devastating impact.

How It Could Work: WaterManipulation (tap sneak) would be done at a waterbendable source; EarthBlast (tap sneak) would be done at an earthbendable source; FireBlast tap sneak and then AirBlast held before left-clicking would unleash a blast consisting of a stream of water, some earth block entities, some fire particles and some air particles. Upon impact it would damage and have a powerful knock back.

Kwesi

Verified Member
(I was one of those several other players, sort of.) To answer the question you just gave, no it wouldn't be logical to restrict the combos to the avatarstate, as the avatar doesn't need to be in the avatarstate to bend multiple elements.
(You are one of those players) Hm... okay, but I still think it should depend on the amount of elemental components.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Speaking of which, would you like Frost Tornado to be part of this suggestion, if so them just post a link to it in this thread and state that it is part of the AvatarCombo.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm going to refer to a thread I made a little bit back. The elemental sphere. Maybe instead of being a move, it could be an avatarcombo. Heres the setup:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Elemental Sphere
Description: (fire particles form) [Sneak] > (earth particles from running form) [Sneak] > (water particles from rain form) [sneak] > Airshield [Sneak]
To see how it would work go to this link: Clicky
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another one I will put:
Name: Frost Tornado/Blizzard
Description: Frostbreath (*Note-not actual pk move, public made. Also optional use for creating snow where there is no snow.) > Tornado (has to be over snow on the ground)
Alternate path: Tornado [L-click] > Iceblast [Shift at ground] (requires snow or ice source)
To see how this one would work: Clicky
(Sorry this one doesn't really fit the criteria of 4 moves)
Thank you for reading this

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Description: (fire particles form) [Sneak] > (earth particles from running form) [Sneak] > (water particles from rain form) [sneak] > Airshield [Sneak]
Yea so I'm thinking shift on Fireblast for the fire particles.
change sneak in the earth to left click with earthblast. the earth.
and right click water or a plant with watermanipulation to get the water particles.
EDIT: Water from a bottle be possible as well

Kwesi

Verified Member
Yea so I'm thinking shift on Fireblast for the fire particles.
change sneak in the earth to left click with earthblast. the earth.
and right click water or a plant with watermanipulation to get the water particles.
EDIT: Water from a bottle be possible as well
I'm thinking you should avoid right-clicks in your formula. I think it would make sense to have every source-based element be left-click and sneak, as you had before.

As for the bottle idea... I'm debating it in my head, most of we says no, but I'm considering it. Although, I don't think it should be possible from a plant (I'll still think about that).

I'm liking it all so far though, I must say. Keep the details coming on those. :)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm thinking you should avoid right-clicks in your formula. I think it would make sense to have every source-based element be left-click and sneak, as you had before.

As for the bottle idea... I'm debating it in my head, most of we says no, but I'm considering it. Although, I don't think it should be possible from a plant (I'll still think about that).

I'm liking it all so far though, I must say. Keep the details coming on those. :)
Whoops I meant left-click. The only reason I say like from a bottle or plant is because there will be situations in which you are without a body of water.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Whoops I meant left-click. The only reason I say like from a bottle or plant is because there will be situations in which you are without a body of water.
I understand that point, I suppose I'm mainly thinking about balance. Do you believe that allowing water drawn from every single waterbending source to use this powerful ability would be sensible, or do you think maybe otherwise? I suppose I'll just leave that one up to you to decide.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I'm going to refer to a thread I made a little bit back. The elemental sphere. Maybe instead of being a move, it could be an avatarcombo. Heres the setup:
To see how it would work go to this link: Clicky
Another one I will put:
Name: Frost Tornado/Blizzard
Description: Frostbreath (*Note-not actual pk move, public made. Also optional use for creating snow where there is no snow.) > Tornado (has to be over snow on the ground)
Alternate path: Tornado [L-click] > Iceblast [Shift at ground] (requires snow or ice source)
To see how this one would work: Clicky
(Sorry this one doesn't really fit the criteria of 4 moves)
Thank you for reading this
Would ElementalSphere allow flight for its duration as well as increased speed, and would it function like a high-powered melee ability or will the bender be able to use AirBlast, FireBlast, WaterManipulation and EarthBlast, all without a selected source, but with a set firing rate, like all particle-based attacks, or would it perhaps be something else?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Would ElementalSphere allow flight for its duration as well as increased speed, and would it function like a high-powered melee ability or will the bender be able to use AirBlast, FireBlast, WaterManipulation and EarthBlast, all without a selected source, but with a set firing rate, like all particle-based attacks, or would it perhaps be something else?
Flight but with a set height that the player can go to. Increased speed possibly. They can use the 4 moves you listed without a selected source (the sphere basically being the source), you can only fire the moves as fast as you can do them without the sphere, maybe a little faster (mainly depends on how fast you can switch between the moves and click at the same time).

I understand that point, I suppose I'm mainly thinking about balance. Do you believe that allowing water drawn from every single waterbending source to use this powerful ability would be sensible, or do you think maybe otherwise? I suppose I'll just leave that one up to you to decide.
probably not bottlebending but plantbending to leave an extra option out there.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Flight but with a set height that the player can go to. Increased speed possibly. They can use the 4 moves you listed without a selected source (the sphere basically being the source), you can only fire the moves as fast as you can do them without the sphere, maybe a little faster (mainly depends on how fast you can switch between the moves and click at the same time).

probably not bottlebending but plantbending to leave an extra option out there.
Okay then.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
ok guys i hav te best sugeston ever te it is the best one ever u do it be doing evrymov and it wold luk lik this:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Also what ElementalSphere would do is clear all your bindings and then save them, then put the 4 listed moves in on slots 1 2 3 and 4. This is so you can't use other bending. To prevent this completely using the combo would disable /b bind for the time being. I am still debating wether you have to be in the avatarstate or not to use this move.

Kwesi

Verified Member
ok guys i hav te best sugeston ever te it is the best one ever u do it be doing evrymov and it wold luk lik this:
As funky as that looks, I don't think it's appropriate for this thread suggestion. XD

Kwesi

Verified Member
Also what ElementalSphere would do is clear all your bindings and then save them, then put the 4 listed moves in on slots 1 2 3 and 4. This is so you can't use other bending. To prevent this completely using the combo would disable /b bind for the time being. I am still debating wether you have to be in the avatarstate or not to use this move.
I understand your idea with this but I don't think it's the right way to go. I think that if a player binds any of the four basic abilities then they can simply use them freely with ElementalSphere and if not then they can simply charge up to people and deal damage that way (which I assume would also knock back). That would probably help balance this ability out even further; they could either choose diversity in abilities or they could have all four basics to make themselves really oriented to ElementalSphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.