• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[AVATAR] {AVATARSTATE} Inferno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Avatars are really getting chaotic! I propose the move Inferno. An EARTH move done by a FIREbender.

The user would hold shift for 10 secs and after 10 seconds, smoke would surround the users. The user would click in a direction/block and three pillers of lava would shoot out and damage victim. (Imagine a lava torrent that will follow people around.)

To keep this not OP (Like thats a thing in the avatarstate) the user cannot be hit or move while charging the move. The lava would not travel through ice (It will melt it thought, even surge iceshields) and unlike most avatarstate moves, it will have a large cooldown.

Last edited:

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
I'm interested in seeing how discussion goes on this one. I'm marking it 'Pending Review' for that reason.

We really don't know what the Fire avatar was doing, to my knowledge. Was he firebending? Was he Earthbending? Subsequent episodes tell us he was likely Earthbending because Earthbenders can manipulate lava. (Yes, he was from the Fire Nation, but using the same principle, when Korra was Earthbending, does the fact she was wearing Water Tribe stuff mean she was actually Waterbending?)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I would say just to make it lavabending, and not part of fire as he was avatar, and even if he originated from fire, he would still be using the earth subelement lavabending as it has been explained by the creators of the show. Not him specifically lavabending, but lavabending in general.

Hero

Verified Member
I'm interested in seeing how discussion goes on this one. I'm marking it 'Pending Review' for that reason.

We really don't know what the Fire avatar was doing, to my knowledge. Was he firebending? Was he Earthbending? Subsequent episodes tell us he was likely Earthbending because Earthbenders can manipulate lava. (Yes, he was from the Fire Nation, but using the same principle, when Korra was Earthbending, does the fact she was wearing Water Tribe stuff mean she was actually Waterbending?)
Alright! I guess I was being alittle confusing. Ill change it to a earth move even though you are the freaking avatar!
I would say just to make it lavabending, and not part of fire as he was avatar, and even if he originated from fire, he would still be using the earth subelement lavabending as it has been explained by the creators of the show. Not him specifically lavabending, but lavabending in general.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
What the heck does "Pending Review" mean???

Hero

Verified Member
That doesn't explain what Pending Review exactly means. There was a form post somewhere, but I cant find it. Lol. Someone saw it at least.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That doesn't explain what Pending Review exactly means. There was a form post somewhere, but I cant find it. Lol. Someone saw it at least.
Pending review, and quote me if I'm wrong, is where Mist basically wants some discussion about the suggestion. It can go either way, looking into or denied.

Hero

Verified Member
Pending review, and quote me if I'm wrong, is where Mist basically wants some discussion about the suggestion. It can go either way, looking into or denied.
Hope it gets accepted, it was really hard finding that picture for you canon monsters

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Hope it gets accepted, it was really hard finding that picture for you canon monsters
The picture doesn't load for me...
Screen shot 2015-04-29 at 7.48.56 AM.png
But regardless, I know that it's canon. We've seen Avatars lavabend many times in ATLA, so I'm not sure how you had a hard time finding a picture.
This is an Avatar move exclusively, right? Just curious, are there any other Avatar state exclusive moves? I thought there were a few suggestions like that, but I don't know if any got accepted. It feels like we usually just go with a buffed version of existing moves. Couldn't we just buff lavabending for Avatar state? I mean, this idea is cool and all for Avatarstate, but you could easily do something like this with buffed lavathrow and other lavabending moves, maybe making it throw multiple things of lava.(Correct me if I'm wrong, I know lavabending has changed a little.)
Also, you said: "the user can't be hit or move while charging the move" I think I understand the part where they can't move, unless I'm interpreting that wrong. But for the rest of it, "They can't be hit" doesn't exactly sound like you're making it less overpowered, if you're making them immune to being hit or moved by attacks.
Did you mean that it doesn't work if they get hit or move while charging? How you worded it wasn't really that clear.
(At maximum font size to help with Hero's reading issue)

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
The picture doesn't load for me...
View attachment 1150
But regardless, I know that it's canon. We've seen Avatars lavabend many times in ATLA, so I'm not sure how you had a hard time finding a picture.
This is an Avatar move exclusively, right? Just curious, are there any other Avatar state exclusive moves? I thought there were a few suggestions like that, but I don't know if any got accepted. It feels like we usually just go with a buffed version of existing moves. Couldn't we just buff lavabending for Avatar state? I mean, this idea is cool and all for Avatarstate, but you could easily do something like this with buffed lavathrow and other lavabending moves, maybe making it throw multiple things of lava.(Correct me if I'm wrong, I know lavabending has changed a little.)
Also, you said: "the user can't be hit or move while charging the move" I think I understand the part where they can't move, unless I'm interpreting that wrong. But for the rest of it, "They can't be hit" doesn't exactly sound like you're making it less overpowered, if you're making them immune to being hit or moved by attacks.
Did you mean that it doesn't work if they get hit or move while charging? How you worded it wasn't really that clear.
Have you been in the suggestions lately, all my avatar moves are in caps....like every other move lol. I can barely read your post, it looks like a giant run-on sentence.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Have you been in the suggestions lately, all my avatar moves are in caps....like every other move lol. I can barely read your post, it looks like a giant run-on sentence.
It's all punctuated and has proper grammar. .-. Do you have difficulty reading large portions of text or something? Because if so, school's gonna be difficult for you, pal.

Hero

Verified Member
It's all punctuated and has proper grammar. .-. Do you have difficulty reading large portions of text or something? Because if so, school's gonna be difficult for you, pal.
Don't blame it on me for the fact that I can't read a single word you are saying. I don't have the vision of a hawk...

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Don't blame it on me for the fact that I can't read a single word you are saying. I don't have the vision of a hawk...
Not to offend, but do you have actual vision problems?
You said something in another thread about needing to make the text that huge in all your posts so that you could read it.
The text size you use is uncomfortable for most people to have to read.
You know you could just zoom in a lot on your browser and then all text would be larger.
(Spacing this out to help you read it better. Also upped the font size)
I'll put that entire paragraph at maximum font size if that's what doesn't take "the vision of a hawk" to read it.

Hero

Verified Member
Not to offend, but do you have actual vision problems?
You said something in another thread about needing to make the text that huge in all your posts so that you could read it.
The text size you use is uncomfortable for most people to have to read.
You know you could just zoom in a lot on your browser and then all text would be larger.
(Spacing this out to help you read it better. Also upped the font size)
I'll put that entire paragraph at maximum font size if that's what doesn't take "the vision of a hawk" to read it.
Zooming in would make everything really really hard to read(More or less just making the page really long). :p
How the suggestion?

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Zooming in would make everything really really hard to read. :p
How the suggestion?
What does "how the suggestion" mean? .-.
Zooming in makes the font larger, so it wouldn't make it harder to read, since that's what helps you read it.
You didn't answer my question. Are you farsighted or nearsighted or something? I don't know that much about vision conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.