• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Avatar Ability: Spirit Portal (contains finale spoilers)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
again, no evidence to confirm or deny it. regardless, just because they were unaware of what they were doing doesn't mean we can't add the abilities.
The evidence that Aang knew what he was doing was that he A. learned it from one of the lion turtles, and B. after the fight when Sokka, Toph, and Suki met with him, he told them that he had taken his bending away. He even told Ozai that before he told Sokka and company.

I am going to quote myself here:
I don't think this move would be a good addition on the grounds that-
It would require much more than just several spirit vines in ones inventory,
I don't believe that it would be used very often because of the amount of spirit energy that should be required, and it was not done on purpose, unlike every other single move in this plugin (most public made moves also) which was done on purpose and actually had an effective purpose themselves.

Migsel

Verified Member
again, no evidence to confirm or deny it. regardless, just because they were unaware of what they were doing doesn't mean we can't add the abilities.
So let's make it so that the avatars do the spirit portal move "accidentally" every time they do it? Also, stop lying to yourself. Aang knew what he was doing. Korra didn't. It does make a difference.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
So let's make it so that the avatars do the spirit portal move "accidentally" every time they do it? Also, stop lying to yourself. Aang knew what he was doing. Korra didn't. It does make a difference.
What proof do you have that Korra had no idea what she was doing?

Migsel

Verified Member
What proof do you have that Korra had no idea what she was doing?

Korra was never informed that she had the ability to make a new portal. Korra said, "All the energy from your weapon tore open a new portal and blasted us in here." Really dude. If the writers wanted to make it so that Korra intentionally created a new portal, they would have either hinted at it or made Korra actually say she did it on purpose.

Tenket

Verified Member
An avatar couldn't simply create a portal, they would need a source of spiritual energy to do so..
This has possibilities gameplay wise that are very useful. It is like creating new nether portals. Vastly useful.

I think the desision to create a new portal should have difficult requirements to make it work.
  • Being the avatar, not everyone can create
  • Takes away all spiritual energy built up by the avatar (they will have to start again)
  • Requires energy input from outside source, like lots of spirits shooting energy beams. (As long as it is difficult to organize then it is fine)
  • Needs some expensive material set up like a rune pattern that the avatar needs to do the ritual on top of.
This would also make sure the avatar on public servers are someone responsible. Gives weight to the position. Give up your spirit energy for the good of the server.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I think everyone can safely assume there's going to be a way to make more portals in the spirit plugin, which could be a permission the server could grant to the avatar..