• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Air bender Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migsel

Verified Member
Such rude. Not needed. Much disrespect. Wow.
Calm ya tits. It was my sarcastic way of expressing my opinion on the topic. I don't think this is necessary, helpful, useful, or original. If an Airbender doesn't like meat, then they should just try not killing animals ( :eek: ). If you have a problem with my opinion, you can write it on a piece of paper neatly, fold it, and carefully shove it up your nose :). If you have your own opinion, that's fine. I wish not to make this into an argument of put-downs and the likes of them so I'll say that I'm sorry if I have offended you or anyone else somehow. Good day to you, sir.

EDIT: I actually am OK with the nausea effect idea. I guess if an Air Nomad ate meat, they would feel sick at the idea of it. It doesn't mean that they are physically incapable of ingesting animal products.

Last edited:

Gold

Verified Member
Calm ya tits. It was my sarcastic way of expressing my opinion on the topic. I don't think this is necessary, helpful, useful, or original. If an Airbender doesn't like meat, then they should just try not killing animals ( :eek: ). If you have a problem with my opinion, you can write it on a piece of paper neatly, fold it, and carefully shove it up your nose :). If you have your own opinion, that's fine. I wish not to make this into an argument of put-downs and the likes of them so I'll say that I'm sorry if I have offended you somehow. Good day to you, sir.

EDIT: I actually am OK with the nausea effect idea. I guess if an Air Nomad ate meat, they would feel sick at the idea of it. It doesn't mean that they are physically incapable of ingesting animal products.
I shoved my idea carefully in my nose. Sadly the only thing I could find was a notecard and I nicked myself.

Migsel

Verified Member
I shoved my idea carefully in my nose. Sadly the only thing I could find was a notecard and I nicked myself.
nonononono The idea you can say out loud, the problems with other people's opinions goes in the nose

owlcool

Verified Member
Calm ya tits. It was my sarcastic way of expressing my opinion on the topic. I don't think this is necessary, helpful, useful, or original. If an Airbender doesn't like meat, then they should just try not killing animals ( :eek: ). If you have a problem with my opinion, you can write it on a piece of paper neatly, fold it, and carefully shove it up your nose :). If you have your own opinion, that's fine. I wish not to make this into an argument of put-downs and the likes of them so I'll say that I'm sorry if I have offended you or anyone else somehow. Good day to you, sir.

Well actually there is some science behind that. Airbender's are by nature vegetarians, and vegetarians obviously aren't used to eating meat. When they do, they can get some obvious effects such as nausea, dizzyness, etc. http://www.divinecaroline.com/self/wellness/digestion-question-can-eating-meat-make-vegetarians-ill
And there is more then one reason to become a vegetarian, such as being alergic to red meat, in which case something like that could be hereditary among airbenders, and a couple generations behind you that never ate meat is probably not helping you to digest it. It probably wouldn't be that far off or that big of a debuff to make airbenders have only nausea after eating meat.

Migsel

Verified Member
Well actually there is some science behind that. Airbender's are by nature vegetarians, and vegetarians obviously aren't used to eating meat. When they do, they can get some obvious effects such as nausea, dizzyness, etc. http://www.divinecaroline.com/self/wellness/digestion-question-can-eating-meat-make-vegetarians-ill
And there is more then one reason to become a vegetarian, such as being alergic to red meat, in which case something like that could be hereditary among airbenders, and a couple generations behind you that never ate meat is probably not helping you to digest it. It probably wouldn't be that far off or that big of a debuff to make airbenders have only nausea after eating meat.
True, but I don't think it would be impossible for an Airbender to put meat inside their body. The only reason they don't eat meat is because of traditional Air Nomad philosophy.

owlcool

Verified Member
True, but I don't think it would be impossible for an Airbender to put meat inside their body. The only reason they don't eat meat is because of traditional Air Nomad philosophy.
Which is why I support this to the extent of eating meat would give nausea, and maaaybe half a heart of damage, by default that damage would be off of course, it doesn't really make much sense to myself either, xD

Joeri

Verified Member
I think if airbenders eat meat their hunger rate decrease should be disabled for like 1 hour, Because they only have that passive because they are "vegeterians"

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Not all airbenders are Air Nomads - TLOK Season 3
Well yeah. But do we have any proof of what Zaheer ate? Nobody knows. He seemed to be deeply into Airbender philosophy and teachings, regardless of whether or not he was actually accepted into the culture. It would make sense for him to be a vegetarian.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Zaheer didn't act like an airbender, you know, with killing people and all, and he was still good at airbending. Don't confuse RP with game mechanics. Making it so they can't eat meat isn't RP, if they make it so their character chooses not to eat meat, that's RP. Not to mention, airbenders had varying kinds of vegetarians. Some were full on vegans, where as Aang was only an ovo-vegetarian, seeing how he eats EGG custard tarts. RPG means stats and skills, not forcing character options, which in this case would limit RP by forcing all airbender characters to be passive vegetarians.

g221

Verified Member
Ima vegetarian :D. Whatever idea we stick with, airbenders are gonna need to have a 2 resort. I say if they use airblast on leaves they get about 15 apples and if they use tornado on a tree, they get about 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.