• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Air bender Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
And do you at least propose something to balance it out like other foods (bread, mushroom stew, etc) should be more full filing for them or do you just want them to get a nerf ?

CodeSheep

Verified Member
I think you mean "Contradicts with their behavior" Anyways, no need to throw this in a plugin you can do this using command blocks and or Skript.

Just tested it myself, lol, 3 lines of code.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Not really...since this is an rpg it would be cool add on...
Not for the airbender. Everyone kills a cow or chicken to get some easy food in their first days of survival. This would mean that the airbender should make a farm and then wait till the crops grow (you're looking at 3-4 mc days without bone meal) and even then bread isn't as nutritious as steak ....

CodeSheep

Verified Member
Not for the airbender. Everyone kills a cow or chicken to get some easy food in their first days of survival. This would mean that the airbender should make a farm and then wait till the crops grow (you're looking at 3-4 mc days without bone meal) and even then bread isn't as nutritious as steak ....
I'm not sure how apples compare to meat but you could balance it by setting apples to a higher spawn rate in trees so that airbenders could have a higher "maybe 89%" chance of grabbing an apple straight off a tree.

If you wanted to go even further with it you could also setup a small script that when someone is placed in group "Airbender" - Attacks a MOB - Sheep, Cow, Chicken etc. = display message "Sorry you're a vegetarian!"

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I'm not sure how apples compare to meat but you could balance it by setting apples to a higher spawn rate in trees so that airbenders could have a higher "maybe 89%" chance of grabbing an apple straight off a tree.

If you wanted to go even further with it you could also setup a small script that when someone is placed in group "Airbender" - Attacks a MOB - Sheep, Cow, Chicken etc. = display message "Sorry you're a vegetarian!"
Apples replenish very little hunger, and 89% is a lot. That's like 10 apples per tree. o_O

Kaheem Gibbs

Verified Member
Apples replenish very little hunger, and 89% is a lot. That's like 10 apples per tree. o_O
Keep in mind the air benders do have reduced hunger and can thus survive nights to get food, also the rate of melons and other non-meat foods can be increased

CodeSheep

Verified Member
It was just an example :p I figured apples did less than meat that's why you would obviously want to increase the apple drop rate so the poor Airbenders didn't just starve right out of the gate on a basic survival server.

Or instead of increasing the drop rate of apples you could just do a chance type I.E player right click's on tree (89% <chance> of grabbing item Apple)

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
You can actually survive without meat, there is a hardcore challenge that makes you survive in hardcore mode and in the challenge you lose if you eat meat. I can't remember the exact name of it, but it was something based off of a religion or a country where cows are sacred or something like that. Most players don't play in hardcore mode anyway, so that pretty much evens it out.

owlcool

Verified Member
I swear I suggested something that would make it so that airbenders get nausea when they eat meat a while back, buuuut I can't find it now. So I guess I am suggesting that you could change it so it would give airbenders nausea when they eat meat, maybe for about 10-20-30 seconds, because I hate it when I kill a airbender with a stack of steak, just doesn't get across that rpg feel, I support this thread to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.