• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Rework of Suggestions

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Currently there are different types of threads in the suggestions forum.. There's 'looking into' and denied.

Looking Into: Looking into is supposed to mean that it's being looked at and perhaps a developer is already working on how to add it.. There's no way we have 60 different threads that are actually being looked into... I think that the looking into tag should be used sparsely, being that we have so many and it generally leads people to believe that threads are going to become a new feature..
Denied: Some suggestions obviously need to be denied, due to the fact that they didn't elaborate enough or it was already suggested and denied.

I think that suggestions should not be moved to 'denied' or 'looking into' without having it be within the forums for a couple days, and have multiple people from the community make remarks (good and bad) on the thread - so the staff can look at what other people think of it, not just the one Concept Designer who denies and 'looks into' everything..

Summary:
The staff should wait to deny/look into a post - so they can see what the community thinks of it, not just one CD.

Thank you.

Hero

Verified Member
Sadly, Omni as lead developer commands certain things from CD as asks Dev to make them.

Loony

Verified Member
@Vidcom deny this please.

The looking into change that you suggested is already a thing, it's just called "In Development".
Leaving suggestions a few days before marking would build up so many unmarked suggestions it would feel like too much work for CD's to mark them all. Also, if we need / want to see the community's response we will mark the thread as 'Pending Review'.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member

The looking into change that you suggested is already a thing, it's just called "In Development".
Leaving suggestions a few days before marking would build up so many unmarked suggestions it would feel like too much work for CD's to mark them all. Also, if we need / want to see the community's response we will mark the thread as 'Pending Review'.
I don't see why you wouldn't want to wait and leave it as a default suggestion? It wouldn't be too much work for CDs, being that there are as many as there are - and once it'd be implemented it'd be just like denying/flagging them as something daily... Just 3 or so days later

BTW, I'm not sure if you've seen all the complaints lately about the staff not listening to the community's voice - this would stop that being that you'd have to look at what people think.. Not just your own thoughts like you guys do now

Sorin

Verified Member
Honestly this is needed, the community should be able to voice them self's and say what they want added, instead of one concept designer saying "Denied" when the thread doesn't have a single post. Like how does one CD know all of what the community wants?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

Loony then every suggestion should be marked that, there's really no point in having a community if you're not gonna let them discuss a thread before you deny it.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Loony then every suggestion should be marked that, there's really no point in having a community if you're not gonna let them discuss a thread before you deny it.
And also take the community people's opinions and thoughts about the thread into consideration when doing something with the suggestion.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
And also take the community people's opinions and thoughts about the thread into consideration when doing something with the suggestion.
I know this won't apply to all suggestions, there are some that will be completely ridiculous and need to be denied, but a lot of the suggestions it doesn't totally seem like you guys take into consideration what the community thinks, whether it be good or bad.

Hero

Verified Member
I know this won't apply to all suggestions, there are some that will be completely ridiculous and need to be denied, but a lot of the suggestions it doesn't totally seem like you guys take into consideration what the community thinks, whether it be good or bad.
Im sorry CD's, (aka Loony and Easte) but ill have to agree with Simple on this. Sometimes you guys deny a thread before anyone comments on it, much less know about.

Sorin

Verified Member
Im sorry CD's, (aka Loony and Easte) but ill have to agree with Simple on this. Sometimes you guys deny a thread before anyone comments on it, much less know about.
Have to agree with these guys CD's you deny things way to fast, and never take in the community's response.

Loony

Verified Member
The majority doesn't overrule. We know where the head of the plugin wants the plugin to go and that's what we work from. Some ideas I've really liked but it isn't where the plugin is going so I've had to deny them.
Letting members discuss the idea and get excited about it when it's going to be denied anyway seems pointless to me

Hero

Verified Member
The majority doesn't overrule. We know where the head of the plugin wants the plugin to go and that's what we work from. Some ideas I've really liked but it isn't where the plugin is going so I've had to deny them.
Letting members discuss the idea and get excited about it when it's going to be denied anyway seems pointless to me
Thats the problem with having one person deciding anything. What good is a forums when only the things that get into the Looking Into abyss is the stuff for the next update. The update that we never know about until its release.

Maybe instead of making suggestions a majority rule, why don't you guys (Omni) just tell us what you are looking for. The Looking Into abyss is not a happy place.

Sorin

Verified Member
Thats the problem with having one person deciding anything. What good is a forums when only the things that get into the Looking Into abyss is the stuff for the next update. The update that we never know about until its release.

Maybe instead of making suggestions a majority rule, why don't you guys (Omni) just tell us what you are looking for. The Looking Into abyss is not a happy place.
The cold hard truth right there, the communication in-between the community and staff on what is going to be added is very very poor (close to none), and if you aren't going to look at what the community wants, then why even have one at all? seriously saddening.

Hero

Verified Member
The cold hard truth right there, the communication in-between the community and staff on what is going to be added is very very poor (close to none), and if you aren't going to look at what the community wants, then why even have one at all? seriously saddening.
At this point, CD's don't even let people comment about it. I swear they deny things they dont like

Hero

Verified Member
If I see a denied suggestion that was actually worth it or it has had the "looking into" tag forever i'm gonna try and code it.
Denied Jail
Looking Abyss

I know Devs just randomly update the plugin, but it's like CD's only mark what they like. The almost never comment on it unless it getting denied, meaning they either dont care enough to improve on it, or they just dont like it.

Devs dont seem to look through the forums unless they really have to and dont seem to care for looking intos. The proof is when you go through the forums seeing looking into threads for months.
Being told what to make at certain times really limits what peope can suggest and what can be made.

I thought that if staff told us what they are looking for, we would know what to ask for. Now, its just no use because no one really seems to care what people say. When those trolls came through and said staff dont listen, I thought they were wrong. It dont seems all that far fetch anymore.