• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Rework of Suggestions

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you look at it like this:
The plugin is headed in a certain direction. We as the community do not know what that direction is fully. This direction was probably defined before there was the community that exists now. Really, the most helpful that we can be as the community is reporting bugs. Suggestions are there for if the staff is looking for ideas for the plugin that is within the direction or what the head of the plugin is asking for. While yes, having suggestions be made and take no community opinion on the matter is a little callous, they have their reasons. Whether it's their reasons or someone else's.

Hero

Verified Member
If you look at it like this:
The plugin is headed in a certain direction. We as the community do not know what that direction is fully. This direction was probably defined before there was the community that exists now. Really, the most helpful that we can be as the community is reporting bugs. Suggestions are there for if the staff is looking for ideas for the plugin that is within the direction or what the head of the plugin is asking for. While yes, having suggestions be made and take no community opinion on the matter is a little callous, they have their reasons. Whether it's their reasons or someone else's.
Then they shouldn't make a suggestion forums when all they listen to is bug reports....

Hero

Verified Member
They look at the suggestions, but it doesn't always serve the purpose you'd expect.
What purpose do they serve? CD's only mark what they like and Devs follow orders. Not really purposeful when you have denied threads which no one knew about and looking into threads which been like that for months.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
What purpose do they serve? CD's only mark what they like and Devs follow orders. Not really purposeful when you have denied threads which no one knew about and looking into threads which been like that for months.
I'm going out on a limb and saying that the reason they mark it looking into is so they can easily search through suggestions to find things for ideas for something they were asked for.

Hero

Verified Member
I'm going out on a limb and saying that the reason they mark it looking into is so they can easily search through suggestions to find things for ideas for something they were asked for.
(Just to let you know, im not arguing, just debating)
Thats what I think too, but theres still an issue with denying. I know some threads are bad, but its really annoying when CD's only comment when they are denying something. Its EXTREMELY rare for a CD to try and help on improving on a suggestion. If it leaves out something, DENIED! If its similar to something, DENIED! If they just don't like it, DENIED!

I know majority rule doesn't matter, but CD's need to wait and hear peoples opinion. CD's should judge on if its possible to code and if its practical because they dont know what everyone is thinking. We may like new moves, but new moves rarley come out because no body listens.

Its like this.
Your school puts up a suggestion box so the school can improve. People will suggest many things that are good, improve on things, bad, and something similar. After a while, you noticed not much has change when you look back. What are you going to do? Nothing, because people wont listen.

I just wish staff would be more in tune with the community and TRY to help out. Staff as of right now dont do anything to help.

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
(Just to let you know, im not arguing, just debating)
Thats what I think too, but theres still an issue with denying. I know some threads are bad, but its really annoying when CD's only comment when they are denying something. Its EXTREMELY rare for a CD to try and help on improving on a suggestion. If it leaves out something, DENIED! If its similar to something, DENIED! If they just don't like it, DENIED!

I know majority rule doesn't matter, but CD's need to wait and hear peoples opinion. CD's should judge on if its possible to code and if its practical.

I just wish staff would be more in tune with the community and TRY to help out. Staff as of right now dont do anything to help.
On plenty of threads I see staff commenting and helping out, but they have lives too, they can't always be helping with threads that may go nowhere worthwhile

Hero

Verified Member
On plenty of threads I see staff commenting and helping out, but they have lives too, they can't always be helping with threads that may go nowhere worthwhile
I dont. They may have lives, but they should know that people like their opinions heard.

Hero

Verified Member
Yes, but they aren't going to spend time on threads that might go nowhere worthwhile.
Like I said before, some threads are just bad. I understand that. What I dont understand is when I hardly see CD's helping. Saying things like "This is op, denied" is a dumb excuse. If its op, think of a way to try and make it ok. If he person wont take the suggestion, thats on them. CD's just think what they like.
(Not arguing, just trying to give reason to my opinion)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Like I said before, some threads are just bad. I understand that. What I dont understand is when I hardly see CD's helping. Saying things like "This is op, denied" is a dumb excuse. If its op, think of a way to try and make it ok. If he person wont take the suggestion, thats on them. CD's just think what they like.
(Not arguing, just trying to give reason to my opinion)
(that's what arguing is)
They view things differently than you or I or anyone that isn't staff does. They know the direction, they know what is needed and what isn't. It's just a matter of "is it worth it"

Hero

Verified Member
(that's what arguing is)
They view things differently than you or I or anyone that isn't staff does. They know the direction, they know what is needed and what isn't. It's just a matter of "is it worth it"
(Friendly arguing)
In that case, all im asking is staff to listen to people before judgement.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Don't forget the prefix "in development". I think "looking into" and "In Development" should be combine into one prefix ,as how right now "look into" is messed up like how everyone states. "Pending Review" should suppose to be for the consideration(or I can say in honesty that it is shoukd be regular look into like it is how right now) and "Denied" should stay how it is of right know. I also agree with zmeduna that everyone should make a remark, not only CD to consider it how he wants and be done with when people didn't get a chance to speak up second thoughs on it.

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Don't forget the prefix "in development". I think "looking into" and "In Development" should be combine into one prefix ,as how right now "look into" is messed up like how everyone states. "Pending Review" should suppose to be for the consideration in the future that us now developt (like i can say in honesty that it is how you guys use regular look jnto of right know) and "Denied" should stay how it is of right know. I also agree with zmeduna that everyone should make a remark, not only CD to consider it how he wants and be done with when people didn't get a chance to speak up second thoughs on it.
Everything has a purpose, you're looking to much into the names of the prefixes, and not the purpose.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
I know this won't apply to all suggestions, there are some that will be completely ridiculous and need to be denied, but a lot of the suggestions it doesn't totally seem like you guys take into consideration what the community thinks, whether it be good or bad.
But here's a thing -- who decides if a suggestion is ridiculous and needs to be denied and who decides if it is one that needs to be discussed? Just because one person writes it doesn't mean it is a godsend of a suggestion. Our Concept Designers have a very specific job, they are literally a part of the community as well. We need to get past this idea of the staff and community being separate, and there being some war on the community by the staff, and come to understand that maybe people have a rationale behind the things that they do.

The Concept Designer's are to deny suggestions based on whether or not they fit into the plugin and are plausible. If it is something that can be done through some other means (i.e. -- another ability / feature covers MOST of the suggestion (not all), it can be closed.) They can pass judgment on suggestions because ultimately SOMEONE has to. Not every suggestion can make it into the plugin, even those that are well thought out, come complete with photos, examples, and configs already prepared for them. We cannot make everyone happy and we do have to keep overall balance in mind.

Expect a thread on this -- I'm tired of having to type this out every time someone is upset because their suggestion they spent 20 minutes on is turned down.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
But here's a thing -- who decides if a suggestion is ridiculous and needs to be denied and who decides if it is one that needs to be discussed? Just because one person writes it doesn't mean it is a godsend of a suggestion. Our Concept Designers have a very specific job, they are literally a part of the community as well. We need to get past this idea of the staff and community being separate, and there being some war on the community by the staff, and come to understand that maybe people have a rationale behind the things that they do.

The Concept Designer's are to deny suggestions based on whether or not they fit into the plugin and are plausible. If it is something that can be done through some other means (i.e. -- another ability / feature covers MOST of the suggestion (not all), it can be closed.) They can pass judgment on suggestions because ultimately SOMEONE has to. Not every suggestion can make it into the plugin, even those that are well thought out, come complete with photos, examples, and configs already prepared for them. We cannot make everyone happy and we do have to keep overall balance in mind.

Expect a thread on this -- I'm tired of having to type this out every time someone is upset because their suggestion they spent 20 minutes on is turned down.
Quoted the one post I had rethought xD