• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Fire Spirit Healing

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
It's pretty good, but here are a few suggestions.

Config to turn on/off health loss.
Config to set limits on hearts lost. (5 hearts is way too much btw)
Config to set chance of high/low health loss.
Config for duration.

owlcool

Verified Member
It's pretty good, but here are a few suggestions.

Config to turn on/off health loss.
Config to set limits on hearts lost. (5 hearts is way too much btw)
Config to set chance of high/low health loss.
Config for duration.
The first one is pretty obvious, like pretty much every bending move and element and event this should be toggleable, 5 hearts could have like a 2% chance, and even then be configured off, Of course you should be able to config the damage, and I don't really know about the duration part. I guess you should be able to toggle if there is a duration to it, but I don't want it to just have players logging in and out to get their 3 hearts back, or just being afk for the most part. the duration limit should probably be pretty big, and not effected by logging in or out.

Fuzzy

Verified Member
So you are aware, Firebending does not have healing properties. The Legend of Korra character you are getting this idea from is Shaman, the Firebending spiritual expert who tended to Korra while she was corrupted with a dark spirit. Shaman does not have spiritual healing properties through Firebending, she can only sense dark energy within people and Firebending helps her find this energy. This is why she lowers Korra into the spirit water rather than performing a Firebending healing ability. Firebending does not have healing properties like water. Waterbending uses healing by redirecting the chi flow inside a persons body by manipulating the water inside a person. Even with basic Minecraft, you can see potion effects around someones avatar, so really, anyone can see when someone has some sort of status effect happening with them. You do not need another ability to just tell someone if they have a status effect and you surely do not need a Firebending healing ability that doesn't exist. The only thing that this suggestion may be suggesting is the implementation of spirit water, but in bottle form. That way any bender may be able to heal themselves, but with the new item system, that suggestion should be posted there, not in the spirits section.

Resources:
- http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Shaman
- http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Healing
- Image of Shaman Detecting Dark Spirit Energy with Firebending:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So you are aware, Firebending does not have healing properties. The Legend of Korra character you are getting this idea from is Shaman, the Firebending spiritual expert who tended to Korra while she was corrupted with a dark spirit. Shaman does not have spiritual healing properties through Firebending, she can only sense dark energy within people and Firebending helps her find this energy. This is why she lowers Korra into the spirit water rather than performing a Firebending healing ability. Firebending does not have healing properties like water. Waterbending uses healing by redirecting the chi flow inside a persons body by manipulating the water inside a person. Even with basic Minecraft, you can see potion effects around someones avatar, so really, anyone can see when someone has some sort of status effect happening with them. You do not need another ability to just tell someone if they have a status effect and you surely do not need a Firebending healing ability that doesn't exist. The only thing that this suggestion may be suggesting is the implementation of spirit water, but in bottle form. That way any bender may be able to heal themselves, but with the new item system, that suggestion should be posted there, not in the spirits section.

Resources:
- http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Shaman
- http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Healing
- Image of Shaman Detecting Dark Spirit Energy with Firebending:
Read the suggestion again, cause you didn't understand it... Also, you can turn off potion particles with a new string in the command. /effect {effect} {duration} {amplifier} {HideParticles:true/false}

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think ti should just happen when you get the potion effect in you, so you could use /effect too.

owlcool

Verified Member
Well, I'm not a huge fan of a command for a single move, but it could work ;)
I mean for what I thought you were talking about, I thought you were saying that maybe the potion effects would cause the cure, without a firebender having to do it for staff and donators.

owlcool

Verified Member
OOoo maybe it can detect if people are invisible :OOOO xD
That would be a good idea, but that doesn't exactly seem like the best way to use this. Maybe have it detect what the username is of the player you see invisible.