• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WillPower - Bloodbending Resist combo..? (or a blood bending fix or option..?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Water should automatically be stronger against bloodbending, I mean Katara was able to withstand Hama without being a bloodbender,
Water IS Blood,therefor she is a bloodbender after all. You can also deny that she isn't a plantbender, but we see her bending water from and inside the plants.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
No she hadn't learned bloodbending yet.
It doesn't matter whether or not she learned bloodbending before, because she learnt it while she was being bloodbent, hence how she was able to break out of bloodbending, and how other bloodbenders are practically immune to bloodbending. Later episodes show that she did learn bloodbending as she used it on the commander.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That isn't what Im saying, Im saying that waterbenders should have a natural affinity against bloodbending. I mean, Katara didn't bloodbend herself free. She had will power, and was infused with the power of the moon

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
That isn't what Im saying, Im saying that waterbenders should have a natural affinity against bloodbending. I mean, Katara didn't bloodbend herself free. She had will power, and was infused with the power of the moon
Doubting it has anything to do with will power. Right after we se her breaking free from Hama's, she demonstrates her bloodbending by bending and pulling water from the grass while it withers away. She even smacked talk by saying "You're not the only one that draws power from the moon. My bending is way stronger that yours Hama, your technique is useless on me." That confirms she cleary used bending to become resistant to the sub skill, and not any kind of will power, otherwise she would have stated that her will was stronger, not her bending that allowed to escape the bloodbent.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Using that logic then Firebenders should have a natural affinity against lightning, even if they don't lightningbend, and airbenders should have a natural affinity against suffocation. It was clear the Katara learned how to bloodbend that night, and infusing with the moon? That's not something that happens in Avatar; she drew power from the moon, but nothing like fusing with the moon.

Even if Bloodbending is just bending someone else's blood in their body, a waterbender's waterbending is useless if they can't control the own blood in their body (which is a part of learning bloodbending) because they don't have that type of power or knowledge of that part of waterbending. Honestly, what I'm getting from your argument is that you're giving waterbenders credit where credit isn't due.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
"Katara honed her energy and broke free, stating that her own bending was more powerful than Hama's. The two began to duel, and Katara almost immediately took the upper hand."

SuperBower118

Verified Member
"Katara honed her energy and broke free, stating that her own bending was more powerful than Hama's. The two began to duel, and Katara almost immediately took the upper hand."
Yeah that's different from infusing power from the moon. You're mistranslating the message, purposely or not, I can't tell, but all that's stating is that with Katara's Mastery of Waterbending, she was able to adapt to the current conditions and learn bloodbending herself within that timeframe with the full moon.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
And when it mentions "energy", it means as an physical and mental strength and not esoteric type thing (eg. energy bending'). Basically, "Katara put all her strength and broke free, stating that ...."

Status
Not open for further replies.