• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Why do you still play minecraft?

Pride

Verified Member
Well, I still play it because there's something about Minecraft that makes it very intriguing. It's a limitless sandbox game that allows you to do whatever and make whatever you want. Graphics are pretty good, and it teaches you basic needs of survival. Yeah, punching trees might not be ideal in the real world, but it tells you that you need trees for something, and it's the basic component to make something greater.

Plus, there are servers that allow you to do things that are impossible in the real Minecraft world. Such as bending, for example. You can shoot fireballs and puff air out of your fist. How cool is that?

So that's my answer. Feel free to comment on that.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
PK is one of the examples that you can pretty much recreate any fictional universes into the game. I have few in mind, that I might recreate in some near future.

YourAverageNerd

Verified Member
PK is one of the examples that you can pretty much recreate any fictional universes into the game. I have few in mind, that I might recreate in some near future.
Doing it with plugins can often be quite limiting though. For example I'm still attempting to recreate my favourite universe, the Soul Eater one, but I keep failing.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I can imagine that. If only mods were global and nobody had to install it for the server to process it for all players.

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I can imagine that. If only mods were global and nobody had to install it for the server to process it for all players.
lol, you know if this were possible, servers would have to send you mod content when you connect. Then your minecraft has to load the mods (restart itself), then connect to a server.

I can imagine people without the mods trying to connect to pixelmon servers. Connecting would take hours lol.

As for why I play, because there's always stuff to do. Currently me and a team of elite Neps (they know who they are) are becoming the top of the top on a server. But I also am constantly making grinders and exploiting mechanics to the max, because that's what makes the game fun lol.

I still play other games. But I still play minecraft a lot nowadays as well (and often with PK because that's on the servers I play on).

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Well when I first started Minecraft, I didn't know servers existed. I played single player for the longest time and got bored because I couldn't figure out how to play with other people. I put down Minecraft for a bit out of frustration but eventually came back. When I did, I put on my reporter glasses and started doing research. I finally figured out how to connect to a server! I had like 50 servers in my server list because I wanted to play on them all.... But I found my niche and that was Hunger Games! I played hungergames for probably half a year... yea... I spent the rest of that year (somewhere like 2012-2013 I think) playing around with mods! I loved the Witchery mod, it was my favorite; I also joined a Pixelmon server for a while actually.... But eventually mods were not my thing. For a few months I played HARDCORE on a certain "plexy" server that considers itself the largest minecraft server (can I say names? anyways...), I was pretty attached to that for a while. Then I moved to a new home and school and such and made new friends. Turns out, one of my friends had the same dying passion for Avatar the last airbender as I did! While we talked and talked about the show, one day I was inspired to see if anything like this had been created in minecraft. I searched for bending mods and that blockbender one sucked. I searched for servers and low and behold: So many servers that used the bending plugin (This was around 2013-2014). I think the first time I used bending it may have been Orion's plugin although I cannot 100% recall because I was so nooby at the time. So at this moment I got SO involved in bending servers. Like they were all I played and they are STILL all I play. Eventually I got into server development a bit and then started picking up java and now here we are.

Now that you know a sort of "brief" history of me and Minecraft: Why do you still play Minecraft? I don't really.... I get on every so often to test things I'm working on in Java but that's about it. I no longer get on to do any sort of survival or mods. I've ditched traditional minecraft for a more in-depth experience. Occasionally I like to reflect and go play old games, but never as often as I used to. Over the years I've gotten burned out several times, gone several months without playing Minecraft at all. But somehow, I always found my way back home.....

tumblr_mgxw3foKvH1s3cx42o1_500.gif

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well when I first started Minecraft, I didn't know servers existed. I played single player for the longest time and got bored because I couldn't figure out how to play with other people. I put down Minecraft for a bit out of frustration but eventually came back. When I did, I put on my reporter glasses and started doing research. I finally figured out how to connect to a server! I had like 50 servers in my server list because I wanted to play on them all.... But I found my niche and that was Hunger Games! I played hungergames for probably half a year... yea... I spent the rest of that year (somewhere like 2012-2013 I think) playing around with mods! I loved the Witchery mod, it was my favorite; I also joined a Pixelmon server for a while actually.... But eventually mods were not my thing. For a few months I played HARDCORE on a certain "plexy" server that considers itself the largest minecraft server (can I say names? anyways...), I was pretty attached to that for a while. Then I moved to a new home and school and such and made new friends. Turns out, one of my friends had the same dying passion for Avatar the last airbender as I did! While we talked and talked about the show, one day I was inspired to see if anything like this had been created in minecraft. I searched for bending mods and that blockbender one sucked. I searched for servers and low and behold: So many servers that used the bending plugin (This was around 2013-2014). I think the first time I used bending it may have been Orion's plugin although I cannot 100% recall because I was so nooby at the time. So at this moment I got SO involved in bending servers. Like they were all I played and they are STILL all I play. Eventually I got into server development a bit and then started picking up java and now here we are.

Now that you know a sort of "brief" history of me and Minecraft: Why do you still play Minecraft? I don't really.... I get on every so often to test things I'm working on in Java but that's about it. I no longer get on to do any sort of survival or mods. I've ditched traditional minecraft for a more in-depth experience. Occasionally I like to reflect and go play old games, but never as often as I used to. Over the years I've gotten burned out several times, gone several months without playing Minecraft at all. But somehow, I always found my way back home.....

View attachment 2842
tl;dr

Loony

Verified Member
Minecraft is a sandbox game throughout - whether you build, play survival, create servers or create plugins imo you're playing Minecraft, because that's what it's designed for - to create stuff. That's why I play, I like implementing my creativity into the game. I don't play survival that often, although I don't like the whole raiding style. But now, I like implementing my ideas for others to enjoy.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
lol, you know if this were possible, servers would have to send you mod content when you connect. Then your minecraft has to load the mods (restart itself), then connect to a server.
Lol, I was saying If it hadn't had to do the file transfering process.
As for why I play, because there's always stuff to do. Currently me and a team of elite Neps (they know who they are) are becoming the top of the top on a server. But I also am constantly making grinders and exploiting mechanics to the max, because that's what makes the game fun lol.
Might check that out what it is all about.

SilverWarrior_1

Verified Member
I play MC 'cause it gives me a chance to meet some cool people and potentially make friends. Also — even has been said a lot — I like the concept of a sandbox game where the possibilities are (nearly) endless. I'm actually currently workin' on building the White Witch's ice castle from Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (favorite movie ever).

Even though I suck at building.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Why would one ever play Minecraft, its philosophy having 2 options build or break, explore or stay put, kill or be killed... I would assume this is a question of imagination, where one needs to simply make a choice and stick with it, and worst case scenario you end up completely starting over. Its the lack of mistakes, the dichotomy of choice that allows me as a person to be interested in this game, its not the graphics, the idea, or even the gameplay style. Its the fact that I can do what I want and if I mess up I can start over with no regrets.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think a lot of people play minecraft is usually for building aspect. Usually business companies and ad promoters use that aspect to show off their stuff by giving an idea how things in real life would work in the virtual world. There was a minecraft player who build a whole word out of one of the denmark's city/region replication. That would probably won't be achievable with any other game. Apart from Building, redstone circuty and command blocks are another truly fascinating coomon tools that provides the players ability to exploit their creativity and imagination to life.

Pride

Verified Member
I think a lot of people play minecraft is usually for building aspect. Usually business companies and ad promoters use that aspect to show off their stuff by giving an idea how things in real life would work in the virtual world. There was a minecraft player who build a whole word out of one of the denmark's city/region replication. That would probably won't be achievable with any other game. Apart from Building, redstone circuty and command blocks are another truly fascinating coomon tools that provides the players ability to exploit their creativity and imagination to life.
Grian and Sethbling.

Your whole paragraph into 2 - 3 words. :D