• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

What Do Dev/CD Exactly Do?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
From what I know cds and the other staff have their chats and such, talk about features, and then if they decide something should be in the plugin they will pass it on to the developers to code.

Hero

Verified Member
From what I know cds and the other staff have their chats and such, talk about features, and then if they decide something should be in the plugin they will pass it on to the developers to code.
So no secret round table?

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Not anymore. Now (afaik) Chris tells the CDs what he wants in the next build and they come up with ideas and we code them

Hero

Verified Member
Not anymore. Now (afaik) Chris tells the CDs what he wants in the next build and they come up with ideas and we code them
Sounds boring. How come developers dont get to choose their favorite suggestion? You're the ones who coding anyways.

Loony

Verified Member
Sounds boring. How come developers dont get to choose there favorite suggestion? You're the ones who coding anyways.
Because that isn't their job and if that happened we wouldn't need CD's all that much.
If a suggestion isn't going into the Core, devs can make it an addon if they wish.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Because that isn't their job and if that happened we wouldn't need CD's all that much.
If a suggestion isn't going into the Core, devs can make it an addon if they wish.
All aboard disappointment train! Next stop, dream crush junction

Hero

Verified Member
Mmhmmm....I still dont like the sound of being told what to make...explains why there have been threads that have the Looking Into subtitle since the beginning of time....

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Mmhmmm....I still dont like the sound of being told what to make...explains why there have been threads that have the Looking Into subtitle since the beginning of time....
Looking Into doesnt really mean anything other than your suggestion looks feasible and is interesting. We plan our builds pretty much before the first beta is out

Hero

Verified Member
Looking Into doesnt really mean anything other than your suggestion looks feasible and is interesting. We plan our builds pretty much before the first beta is out
Mhmmm......im going to be the staff who edits the wiki one day.

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Must... resist... your mom joke...

LOL, anyways... To answer your question! We (The entire team) meet up and discuss what we all feel should be added/altered/removed from ProjectKorra, come to a general consensus, and begin to plan/work on said features. Concept designers, in addition to monitoring threads and brewing up ideas, come up with the finer details of features which the developers have finished (such as an abilities description), test various new top secret features, and critique our work. The Developers on the other hand make all the features the team has planned out, come up with cool new features (THAT'S RIGHT! WE CAN THINK OF IDEAS TOO!) organize and plan the more broad topics of discussion, look for bugs, monitor the bug posts, squash bugs, oh yeah... did I mention bugs? We also occasionally debate politics, that's when things start to get ugly... Hope that answers that question! :p

P.S: You know that feeling when you open up google and it has a new doodle and you're like "ooo0000ooo" or when you watch a movie and you totally don't see that epic plot twist coming and you're all like "d00d... mind = blown, how did i not think of that"... That is what "Looking Into" is suppose to signify! Hope that answers that... other question... yeah!

P.P.S: Shout out to all that... lone forgotten wiki contributor and that rando mod guy who likes to ban people... Live on in our memory <3 *sheds single tear which for some reason only makes it halfway down my cheek and softly glistens for no apparent reason*

Ashwish

Verified Member
I would make a great CD then because i have really good ideas but i dont think they will accept me as one