• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Watermanipulation, Reworked version (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketz

Verified Member
In the PK updates (not sure which one exactly), manipulation was changed. Now watermanipulation has to travel a certain distance before being redirected, and has a 100% chance of missing every few shots. (Confirmed by @runefist). After many demands and seeing no reason for these changes, I'd like to ask that watermanipulation be fixed.

Originally from Raindrop595.

Last edited:

Comet1551

Verified Member
This is without a doubt a waterbenders most used and to an extent, useful move, and without it, the element itself has become a challenge. Especially when versing other elements. This promotes the spamming of other moves, such as icespike and surge, and has made waterbending more unpopular, and to an extent, technically repelling. Watermanipulation needs to be fixed!

Hero

Verified Member
I noticed the missing part. I could redirect watermanipulation from 2 blocks away though so I dont know.

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
I completely agree. Orion's description of watermanip had it as ''Change target with a click''. This is not the case however. You may spam click, and there will always be a chance of manip missing, or just ignoring you. It's not fluent, but according to PK Devs, ''nothing'' has been changed.

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
Waterbenders need watermanip to be successful alongside torrent. Torrent works just fine, but manip doesn't. You shoot your manip, you spam click until it turns around, you look directly at the target, but what happens? Manip flies the other damn direction, and if it doesn't.. 1/3 chance it will miss.. wtf? With manip being like this, it just
forces waterbenders to ignore manip and begin torrent spamming. They should look into it. Something definitely has changed.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
  • WaterManipulation can now have its target changed with a click.
  • Removed WaterManipulation's streaming technique.
  • WaterManipulation can now be destroyed or redirected by another bender with this ability. Shift to destroy, click to redirect, while targeting someone else's bending block.

What is the WM streaming about? :O
WM can be destroyed?!

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
  • WaterManipulation can now have its target changed with a click.
  • Removed WaterManipulation's streaming technique.
  • WaterManipulation can now be destroyed or redirected by another bender with this ability. Shift to destroy, click to redirect, while targeting someone else's bending block.
What is the WM streaming about? :O
WM can be destroyed?!
I love people like you :D
Well manip used to turn directions on immediate click. It was so fluent :)
Water stream was part of manip... Idk how to explain it but it was very buggy and caused flooding so Orion removed it.
They mean evaporated xD

Zafkiel

Verified Member
Personally I don't really see what you are talking about when you say it can "miss" I never had this problem . And I find that even if the redirecting of Watermanip isn't as fluent as how it should be, it actually is pretty good nor too op nor too weak. And this is why I prefer to keep watermanip as it is for now.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Wh

who said I'm blaming PK? Lmfao. It's based on the same plugin.
And to the guy that thinks watermanip is fluent, let's visit your server, id love to see that.
You still seem really mad about it, which I don't really understand. If you want something, you have a better chance of getting it by being patience and nice, instead of complaining etc.

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
You still seem really mad about it, which I don't really understand. If you want something, you have a better chance of getting it by being patience and nice, instead of complaining etc.
I kinda have no reason to be nice to you... You know?
But you're right. I should be patient. It's not very fun when you practice your aim for quite some time to only be disappointed with how manip is set up. ;/

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I kinda have no reason to be nice to you... You know?
But you're right. I should be patient. It's not very fun when you practice your aim for quite some time to only be disappointed with how manip is set up. ;/
Also, you are obviously trying to blame it on PK. I remember all the hate post you wrote, so again, I don't see why blaming it on PK would get you any further. :)
Also, hate or being rude won't get you further either. :)

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
Also, you are obviously trying to blame it on PK. I remember all the hate post you wrote, so again, I don't see why blaming it on PK would get you any further. :)
Also, hate or being rude won't get you further either. :)[/QUOT
So you get demoted and all of a sudden you are all about doing the right thing..... Jajajajaja..But you know, Orion didn't do this did he? Neither did tla did they? MistPhizzle would know how to handle this, but he's not on. So we're stuck with players having to spam torrent as another option. I have a right to be frustrated.;)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You have a right to do a lot of things. Other people also have the right to punish you if you do something not in those rights, or that they deem not right. Be careful what you do, the only way you can make a difference is if you can still speak.

Mysteriously Logical

Verified Member
You have a right to do a lot of things. Other people also have the right to punish you if you do something not in those rights, or that they deem not right. Be careful what you do, the only way you can make a difference is if you can still speak.
Even if I do ''speak'' nothing will change lol... I've tried many times to get manip to be fixed, but it always gets denied, even though it'll help balance out the elements in our server.

Hero

Verified Member
Even if I do ''speak'' nothing will change lol... I've tried many times to get manip to be fixed, but it always gets denied, even though it'll help balance out the elements in our server.
Thats the reason why it gets denied. You're only thinking about your server. And you weren't speaking, you were complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.