• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [WaterCombos] Huge Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Hello! Finally it's weekend (yeah, for me, afternoon Friday it's weekend xD) and I brought some ideas.​
I was thinking how Water is in the plugins. And, as we all know and the developers are TIRED of hearing this, there are no offense to defense and vice-versa characteristic of the Water. What I suggest is...
Modify some combos so it has more fluidity.
How would this work? Simple! We take the combos that there already are and make them easier to cast.
Can you give me an example? Sure. I have heard many players complaining about IceBullets (and I don't know why).​
Let's take the IceBullets combo. Right now, it is casted by " WaterBubble (tap shift) >> IceBlast (hold shift) >> IceBlast (click pointing to a Water source while shifting) >> Iceblast (While shifting, left and right-click alternating between one and another)"
If it was up to me, and it would be a great change, it should go like this:
Torrent (casted like usual, clicking and shifting) >> IceBlast (while holding shift) >> IceBlast (left-click*)
* (I don't know if Minecraft registers when someone right-clicks at Water, but if it does, the combo would be changed here to Left and Right-Click, similar to the vigor IceBullet.)
Description: While the Waterbender is rotating the Water around him/her, he/she would change to the IceBlast slot and continuously click to send Ice bullets from the Water. One Torrent, 10 bullets.
Also, if you are in the middle of the combo, you could change to the Torrent slot, anytime, and cast it normaly, sending it into someone or simply push everyone away.
IceWave would still the same because it is already simple :D
Adding some other WaterCombo ofr more fluidity:
  • When WaterWaving, instead of shifting to get down, if you click the wave will be launched to where your cursor was, acting like a surge.
  • When setting WaterWave, you could change to torrent and keep the Water rotating around you.
  • You can switch between SurgeShield, OctopusForm, Torrent and WaterWave while holding shift (not needing to select a new source), even while WaterWave is already being used.
Other idea I have is when you switch to WaterManipulation while Torrenting, you could do the same as Ice bullets, but only five times until the water gets all used.
Thanks for reading!

In order to prevent spam WaterWave, you can only reuse the water from a move to only ONE waterwave. If you do per example OctopusForm >> WaterWave, you can already use that water to another moves, like Torrent, surge etc, but not for Wave.
Thanks to @6tijn for all the support. You rock! ;)

Last edited:

paliate

Verified Member
I'm so tired of hearing this.

if your having problems / combos are too hard to cast try changing your binds to benefit the combos and make them easier on yourself, don't make the developers go through hours of work just to make it easier on yourself.

Just seems unnecessary to me, And i'm tired of hearing this fluidity crap when there are obvious solutions.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
If there are solutions why no one told us that? We would be grateful if someone told us if minimally they were thinking about it.
About the combos, it isn't the controls that bother me. It is the fact a tiny water block creates an ice sphere and then it just poofs. I just want more realism to Waterbending, or, more important than that, the whole ProjectKorra. I can't stand here without give my opinion. Also, if I had problem with the combos, because I don't have any, I wouldn't change my bounded slots just because of that. We can see that Kya among other Waterbenders easily shoot ice shards, so why should it be hard for us? I'm sure you won't tell me that technique can only be done by masters, won't you? Thanks for reading my post, by the way xD

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm so tired of hearing this.

if your having problems / combos are too hard to cast try changing your binds to benefit the combos and make them easier on yourself, don't make the developers go through hours of work just to make it easier on yourself.

Just seems unnecessary to me, And i'm tired of hearing this fluidity crap when there are obvious solutions.
Water was like that tin the show. You just know what someone is going to do. Only air and fire can rlly be surprising.

owlcool

Verified Member
I say why not.
Well, if this is added combos like firecombo are going to need to be buffed, since firewheel is no way comparable to this version of icebullet, and firewheel would take up more slots and more useless moves.

6tijn

Verified Member
Yes please. c: a few edits:

-You can switch between Surgeshield, Ocotpusform, Torren and waterwave while holding shift (not needing to select a new source)

-When you waterwaved and it stops you can switch to the Torrent, octopusform or surgeshield slot and hold shift to reuse the water from the waterwave.

These are a few suggestions that were suggested a long time ago, maybe we could bring everything that has to do with fluidity in waterbending to one thread.

-

6tijn

Verified Member
Also, people, water would not get OP because of this. If these fluidity things get added, water manipulation could finally get a nerf without water bending getting weaker. Now water manipulation does a lot of damage, and is spammed/used A LOT, because there's barely any way to deal good damage in water bending.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member

-You can switch between Surgeshield, Ocotpusform, Torren and waterwave while holding shift (not needing to select a new source)

-When you waterwaved and it stops you can switch to the Torrent, octopusform or surgeshield slot and hold shift to reuse the water from the waterwave.

These are a few suggestions that were suggested a long time ago, maybe we could bring everything that has to do with fluidity in waterbending to one thread.

-
Nice!! :D Adding that *3*

HydroMan

Verified Member

-
Yea it is ,reusing water is looking into ,so lets hope this will be aded :3

owlcool

Verified Member
If all these suggestions were added, a firebender wouldn't have a good chance of beating a waterbender that has bottles even in a desert, during the day time. So, water is slightly more powerful then firebending is.
Currently, full moon is more powerful then sozin's comet. WTF?!?!

6tijn

Verified Member
If all these suggestions were added, a firebender wouldn't have a good chance of beating a waterbender that has bottles even in a desert, during the day time. So, water is slightly more powerful then firebending is.
Well, this is about giving water bending more fluidity, not about making it OP. If these things get added, I think plantbending and watermanip could get a small nerf, to balance it out.

owlcool

Verified Member
Well, this is about giving water bending more fluidity, not about making it OP. If these things get added, I think plantbending and watermanip could get a small nerf, to balance it out.
I think the other elements should get steadily more powerful to balance it out, how is that not a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.