• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterChoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

astraelis7

Verified Member
I know this will probably never get implemented and is too op for anyone to have :3

There have been some ideas around about using water to drown people but I thought I'd put my idea out anyway...Obviously it hasn't been used in the show so far...

Aesthetic Description: Surrounds the victim in a SMALL sphere of water - perhaps full of water or just the head - where the victim begins to drown. The bubble will automatically pop in approx. 5 seconds -configurable- (it does NOT kill or render the victim unable to use bending but does reduce their movement speed). I'd suggest it takes 1 heart per second. If the user is hit with something then the bubble immediately pops. Also, if anything hits the bubble, it pops. If you press shift again - the outermost layer will turn to ice, leaving the effect to go on for perhaps an extra second - but when the water disappears, the victim will still be encased in ice (but no longer drowning).

Easier version: Similar to icespike but when the victim is hit, their head becomes/is covered in an ice block (like /hat) and the same effect as above (except obviously the ice layer part) Perhaps with a cool-down to prevent spamming...

It could be added that the user must hold a button as to prevent them from running off/preparing another attack for when the bubble pops...

Like I said in my first description, this is not intending to completely kill the opponent (unlike Suffocate) and gives them a chance before or after to save themselves or fight back, etc. I don't think this is too OP but then again, I'm a waterbender so naturally biased... Idk v.v

astraelis7

Verified Member
I found one but I thought that my logistics of the move was much different.. could you send me a link to them both o.o?

astraelis7

Verified Member
The main difference I wanted to suggest was that (unlike xXturbokidXx's WaterLock and gabe's drown) it doesn't kill the person and stops automatically... No one wants to give drowning to water because everyone thinks it would be too op .-. I'm just trying to show that it doesn't have to be yet still be a useful ability idk I want this thread deleted if thats possible :3?

bordalandsdude19

Verified Member
The main difference I wanted to suggest was that (unlike xXturbokidXx's WaterLock and gabe's drown) it doesn't kill the person and stops automatically... No one wants to give drowning to water because everyone thinks it would be too op .-. I'm just trying to show that it doesn't have to be yet still be a useful ability idk I want this thread deleted if thats possible :3?
It wasn't gabe's drown, i forgot who but it was someone else.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
This has been suggested plenty of times now. I'm closing this thread and marking it as denied because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.