• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Waterbending - WaterDome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Quick point, When moving about, Would the Ice Dome act as the frozen surge shield does? Because if that is the case then players could potentially phase through it, as is the case with the frozen surge shield.
Apart from this potential issue, It sounds like a great defensive move.
Just to point it out even more, icedome wouldnt move because the ground is supporting/stuck to it. You still have to hold shift for ice dome because once you release shift, it will revert back to water and vanish.

orfeas

Verified Member
yeah yeah i can see this working.But maybe make the creating time a little bit quicker so you can use it in mid fight with more ease!

Hero

Verified Member
yeah yeah i can see this working.But maybe make the creating time a little bit quicker so you can use it in mid fight with more ease!
It's fast enough to where you could use it mid fight. Configs dough!

Fyf

Verified Member
Oh, That's fine then. I was under the influence that it would move with the player for some reason.
I'm not sure of this moves use though, as it does just sound like IceBullet but without the bullet but with a slightly larger radius in my opinion.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
<...> All Chi moves to break the ice dome.
This Gave a better idea. How about breaking one block of this dome, with or without bending, you would be able to shatter it. Like making it very defensive from bendable attacks and from a large distance, but very fragile if someone were to break one part of it. Or for a dramatic effect - it will turn into water and will splash on the ground (the flood will disappear within a half second).

Come to think of it, this will give a chi blockers better advantage at something (as their rule is that they have to get up close to their opponent to attack them), like not making them the weakling ones all-time losers against benders at least for once :p

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Oh, That's fine then. I was under the influence that it would move with the player for some reason.
I'm not sure of this moves use though, as it does just sound like IceBullet but without the bullet but with a slightly larger radius in my opinion.
The thing that separates WaterDome and IceBullet is the way they are preformed and the way they work. IceBullet is a combo that uses waterbubble. WaterDome is an add-on to WaterBubble. When people do IceBullet, it would also make more sense because it's a smaller denser version of IceDome that's only for attacks. WaterDome is for defensive purposes only. While you can freeze it, players can shatter it and you cannot attack with it.

While some people say you can just make IceBullet unfreeze-able, that would mess up the combo entirely because we have to left/right click rapidly, so you can't. Even if you can, it wouldn't make much sense because it's IceBullet, not WaterBullet. WaterDome/IceDome is not for attacking at all. You can only use it to block from all sides. IceBullet can be used to block from all sides as well, but IceBullet is on a timer and you cannot move with it active unlike WaterDome where you can move it as long as you hold shift (Can't move with IceDome of course).

While IceBullet and WaterDome are similar in appearance, they both work very differently and they have a different purpose, making WaterDome a unique move. Because it is a add-on to an already existing move and not an entire slot move, there isn't any reason why it shouldn't be made. That's just my opinion though.

Hero

Verified Member
This Gave a better idea. How about breaking one block of this dome, with or without bending, you would be able to shatter it. Like making it very defensive from bendable attacks and from a large distance, but very fragile if someone were to break one part of it. Or for a dramatic effect - it will turn into water and will splash on the ground (the flood will disappear within a half second).

Come to think of it, this will give a chi blockers better advantage at something (as their rule is that they have to get up close to their opponent to attack them), like not making them the weakling ones all-time losers against benders at least for once :p
The thing about waterbending is unless the waterbender themselves want it to fall apart/flood, it won't. So getting someone to break one block will only break that block. Not the entire dome.

While I do like the dramatic effect, arenas are very cautious about waterbenders moves flooding. Even though you say it will go away after half a second, there are always bugs.

Hero

Verified Member
Slightly is also an understatement because while I believe IceBullet can be made bigger by configs, it's normally close around the player. WaterDome's radius is about 6-7 blocks in diameter and 4 blocks in height, making it very roomy.

Sketz

Verified Member
This is like what I wanted for waterbending and that's why I made a similar thread a long time ago called WaterSeal but they ended up making the watercombo. I don't really know the name of it, but it's the one that shoots the snowballs with a ice dome around you lol.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
So getting someone to break one block will only break that block.
Fair enough.
While I do like the dramatic effect, arenas are very cautious about waterbenders moves flooding. Even though you say it will go away after half a second, there are always bugs.
I'm certaint that developers can prevent this from happening.

ETA Nevermind. I didn't realised that you were referring to my request of the splashing esthetical.

Last edited:

Fyf

Verified Member
Ice doesn't turn into water when smashed/ broken, it would look pretty weird in my opinion.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
While some people say you can just make IceBullet unfreeze-able, that would mess up the combo entirely because we have to left/right click rapidly, so you can't.
I see no problem with that. The Dome in its liquid state could serve the purpose for only sole defense tactic, while the solid one could be superior for it's offensive. Like how every waterbending observer brings up in the forums te emphasis that "[it] is the element of change; changes defense into offense & visa versa", making the incorporation of this two techniques will comfort the principle's description of this bending art.

I see no point of complaining of which state of water should be used in the ability title. At least it isn't that bad as much how Surge is named "Surge", seeing that it has also an opposite used unlike it's title - to raise a motionless wall of water, which is an complete antonym use of the ability's suggested name.

I personally wouldn't mind If it was an alternative use for an existing ability, a combo or a standalone ability. Just pointing out that it wouldn't really much matter whatever it should be.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
Since water is the element of Change, changing defense to offense, this move should also have an attacking move to it. So here is my idea:

When the bubble is full activated, around you, you right click the ground and left click in the direction you want the move to be shot (It has to be in the liquid state). This will bring all of the water of the dome to that point of clicking making a 2 by 2 torrent type thing. This will have major knock back and a good amount of damage.

This torrent type thing CAN NOT be frozen.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Not a bad idea. The Whole Dome should be shot away from the defender and after it reaches its targeted aim the ability would than go on cooldown afterwards.

Hero

Verified Member
Not a bad idea. The Whole Dome should be shot away from the defender and after it reaches its targeted aim the ability would than go on cooldown afterwards.
Since water is the element of Change, changing defense to offense, this move should also have an attacking move to it. So here is my idea:

When the bubble is full activated, around you, you right click the ground and left click in the direction you want the move to be shot (It has to be in the liquid state). This will bring all of the water of the dome to that point of clicking making a 2 by 2 torrent type thing. This will have major knock back and a good amount of damage.

This torrent type thing CAN NOT be frozen.
Guys, this is from the show. I didn't randomly suggest this for the sake of suggesting. Even though water is the element of change, it's not that kind of change. The change you are talking about would be using the water from the dome to power another move, like torrent. Not making it a shield with attacking abilities. The whole idea of water dome from the show and this thread is it's for defensive purposes only. As much as I like the ideas and such, it is too similar to IceBullet. If you want a water dome with attacking properties, make a suggest yourself.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Well, I had envision in my mind differently). An Image of an approaching surge. This could be a possible combo (imo would be better as a combo) in the future (after the release of IceDome) to release it but with a minor damage (half an heart - cutting pressurised water). For example, a combo consisting of a torrent and surge subquence. But that would be up for another talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.