• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbending: Water origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
You guys do realize there is a pushing point between the actual Avatar Universe and MC Bending Universe. Not everything has to be alike and being different and unique seems fun. Let's just put this in perspective: "There are things better untouched..."

HydroMan

Verified Member
You guys do realize there is a pushing point between the actual Avatar Universe and MC Bending Universe. Not everything has to be alike and being different and unique seems fun. Let's just put this in perspective: "There are things better untouched..."
Yes, I know that. But pls, lets not make water float by itself without the user. Bending laws and physics should still stay in minecraft.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Yes, I know that. But pls, lets not make water float by itself without the user. Bending laws and physics should still stay in minecraft.
It's not.. It's exactly like EarthSmash. The Water Origin follows the user and if they decide not to use it then it'll go away.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Tell that to Ming Huas arms.
She technically use the waterarms to lift waterball that Biolin was in and she even asked to Ghazan to go capture korra while she will take care the brothers, as shown that she just can't go and leave biolin&mako hovered in water because she doesn't have capacity to "magic water" - making it self-bend while away 8 km, or doing other things that require focus or shutting ones mind (can you imagine her sleeping while water she bent is attached to the celling???). Still it doesn't change the fact that waterbenders use their focus to constantly bend water, because it is TRUE. About the waterarms itself I can say could be aswell require the user focus on to sustain them. Do you know what happend when Mako killed her lightning? Were her waterarms still on her? I remember that it not.

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So does it mean you'll need to hold shift to keep 'em sustain or not?
That makes no sense. It's meant for being able to bend on land, not for holding shift the whole time, which makes it absolutely useless. There are FAR more better ways to show the player is concentrating, such as, when you run the ability cancels, or something like that. Still I think it should be just like waterarms, as the water stays close to you, showing that it's in control.

HydroMan

Verified Member
That makes no sense. It's meant for being able to bend on land, not for holding shift the whole time, which makes it absolutely useless. There are FAR more better ways to show the player is concentrating, such as, when you run the ability cancels, or something like that. Still I think it should be just like waterarms, as the water stays close to you, showing that it's in control.
But I like shifting. It is awesome :3

promancer

Verified Member
She technically use the waterarms to lift waterball that Biolin was in and she even asked to Ghazan to go capture korra while she will take care the brothers, as shown that she just can't go and leave biolin&mako hovered in water because she doesn't have capacity to "magic water" - making it self-bend while away 8 km, or doing other things that require focus or shutting ones mind (can you imagine her sleeping while water she bent is attached to the celling???). Still it doesn't change the fact that waterbenders use their focus to constantly bend water, because it is TRUE. About the waterarms itself I can say could be aswell require the user focus on to sustain them. Do you know what happend when Mako killed her lightning? Were her waterarms still on her? I remember that it not.
Actually, no. Technically waterbenders should be able to as she was focusing on 3 things, not one. Both of her arms and the water prison. (Calling them that for lack of better word)

Last edited:

IceEyes

Verified Member
People do not bend with movements only, i think Bumi did bend earth with his mind when he was captured in this metalbox with only his head sticking out.
Meaning:
there can be other ways to Show that the bender is concentrating on his bending than movement such as shifting.

promancer

Verified Member
Still, she did indeed FOCUS.
Ofc she focused, but she had stronger focus than you give her. If she can constantly hold two bodies of water in place and in a specific shape, while holding a sphere of water, I think holding two shapeless bodies in the air would be no problem.

Last edited:

Sorin

Verified Member
Anyone when aang tried to jump into firebending? the burning leaf? He was making fire by breathing and standing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.