• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Waterbending Realism

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Alright, so, speaking as a person who's waterbent only one time before, I may not know very much about mechanics. But something that has bugged me is that I'm relatively sure that waterbenders cannot bend water through iron bars. For example, when this scene happened.
Katara_restrains_Azula.png
That water came through iron bars. So, if it is not possible to bend water through iron bars, it should be. I propose we make benders able to select a source block through iron bars, and bend the water through iron bar blocks. This should be possible with trapdoors as well, wooden and metal. I'm not suggesting making them the source blocks, but rather making it possible to choose a source through them, then have the water come through. If this was possible, it would also greatly help probending arenas, allowing the water to be in the boundaries like in the show, but also then having the boundaries be something you can walk over. If I'm wrong about any of these mechanics, somebody let me know in the comments.

Last edited:

HydroMan

Verified Member
if its possible to select a source throught iron bars in certain radies ,then with theWaterB's source idea were added ,then it would be more easier to select the source throught the bars ,without pointing at the bars instead of wanting to point at the water by looking throught the iron bars. Still i think this idea should be added to bend throught iron bars ;)

Sketz

Verified Member
If you're suggesting to make iron bars a water-bendable block, you are crazy.
She wasn't bending water from the iron bars. There was water under the Iron bars.

Then she bent the water through the iron bars. The water was flowing under the iron bars.

Just saying~ >.>

Kiam

Verified Member
She wasn't bending water from the iron bars. There was water under the Iron bars.

Then she bent the water through the iron bars. The water was flowing under the iron bars.

Just saying~ >.>
That's exactly what they were saying. They said that water should be able to go through iron bars.

HydroMan

Verified Member

Just saying~ >.>
He meant as the water could go throught" the iron bars ,as if the gaps were there for water to flow throught in

Sketz

Verified Member
OH! Okay. xD

Is that even possible in Minecraft? o-o
Unless you can make it where it looks like it's going through it.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
This would be especially helpful, and easier, if the idea of Waterbenders not needing to look at sources to bend them is implemented. Then it can just come from below them, without having to make it necessarily possible to select the source by looking at it through the bars.
Side Note:
I've only fought with waterbending one time, and I got my ass kicked. Anybody who actually waterbends thinks this a good idea? Is this helpful? It'd be cool to know if you guys think I should change anything.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member

Just saying~ >.>
If you read what I said, I never said being able to use the bars as a source was my plan. I said they should be able to select sources through them, then be able to bend water through them for attacks as well. The water is still the source, and you still need water blocks to produce the waterbending attacks.
That water came through iron bars. So, if it is not possible to bend water through iron bars, it should be. I propose we make benders able to select a source block through iron bars, and bend the water through iron bar blocks.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I'm a Waterbender and I agree with this! :D If the idea from the thread "Waterbender's Source" gets implemented and then yours, this would make Waterbending way better! It kinda bugs that you have to sneak at a leaves blocks then click to see the move fail x.x this would reduce a lot the Water Duel's time :3

6tijn

Verified Member
Water can already go through vines. I think that when the water goes through bars, it should just disappear for a second than reappear when through them.

6tijn

Verified Member
I've been thinking about this too lately.

DOnt forget Fences, doors (holes in them c:), Stone fences, etc.

Something that would also be cool:

If there's a wet sponge block, you can use it as source and itll become a dry sponge block.

Kiam

Verified Member

If there's a wet sponge block, you can use it as source and itll become a dry sponge block.
This is an entirely different suggestion, please dont clutter up this suggestion.

Sketz

Verified Member
This is an entirely different suggestion, please dont clutter up this suggestion.
Honestly, I think it would help adding in the extra suggestion that 6tijn was saying.
Because, instead just coding 1 Thing, to do 1 thing. .. . You can implement more than 1 thing, from this suggestion at a time.

Rather than going through a lot of other suggestions, declining them or what not.
It's fairly similar in my opinion. Making it easier to just add it all, then wait on a whole other suggestion to be created.
When it could be done here, Now if it was something like a different type of waterbending move. Then it would be off topic.

However, i find this relating to the suggestion, Just more key features to the suggestion.
That's how a suggestion grows, More ideas. It deals with water, getting water, using sources, or how the source works.

This is just my own opinion though. :)

Kiam

Verified Member
Honestly, I think it would help adding in the extra suggestion that @6tijin was saying.
Because, instead just coding 1 Thing, to do 1 thing. .. . You can implement more than 1 thing, from this suggestion at a time.

Rather than going through a lot of other suggestions, declining them or what not.
It's fairly similar in my opinion. Making it easier to just add it all, then wait on a whole other suggestion to be created.
When it could be done here, Now if it was something like a different type of waterbending move. Then it would be off topic.

However, i find this relating to the suggestion, Just more key features to the suggestion.
That's how a suggestion grows, More ideas. It deals with water, getting water, using sources, or how the source works.

This is just my own opinion though. :)
we want the suggestions to be singular because there could be a lot of confusing unwanted stuff in it. there might be certain features of a suggestion that are unwanted. So to keep the suggestions streamlined, we usually ask that there be one main idea to each suggestion.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Basically, I want this to be possible with any type of block that has holes in it that water could theoretically pass through.
So that list would include:
Iron Bars
Wooden Fence
Trapdoors (both kinds)
All types of wooden fences
I'm not really sure about stone walls, given that when they are in their horizontal form water shouldn't be able to come through that, so that's probably a no there. Doors are also a bit of a stretch, because the holes are quite small, and waterbending straight through a door horizontally is kind of weird, though logical in theory, so I'm gonna say no to that as well. Maybe Acacia doors only? That makes a little more sense, because they have more holes than other doors.

Kiam

Verified Member
Basically, I want this to be possible with any type of block that has holes in it that water could theoretically pass through.
So that list would include:
Iron Bars
Wooden Fence
Trapdoors (both kinds)
All types of wooden fences
I'm not really sure about stone walls, given that when they are in their horizontal form water shouldn't be able to come through that, so that's probably a no there. Doors are also a bit of a stretch, because the holes are quite small, and waterbending straight through a door horizontally is kind of weird, though logical in theory, so I'm gonna say no to that as well. Maybe Acacia doors only? That makes a little more sense, because they have more holes than other doors.
This really wouldnt be necessary until the source selection of waterbending is cleaned up. I think these are good ideas but we are getting ahead of ourselves. How would the water be selected in the first place? This seems like an addition to a much more simple idea that water should be able to be bent from places that might not be visible (like in a probending arena)

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
This really wouldnt be necessary until the source selection of waterbending is cleaned up. I think these are good ideas but we are getting ahead of ourselves. How would the water be selected in the first place? This seems like an addition to a much more simple idea that water should be able to be bent from places that might not be visible (like in a probending arena)
Well, I guess it's only a suggestion. You as staff get the final call on how it's implemented. But I hope you take this into consideration.