• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [WATERBENDING] [NEWMOVE] Water Smash Ver. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
I know that @coastyo denied this move because it was too similar to water manipulation. I'm here to try and revise his move so it is more different than water manipulation. The idea Water Smash belongs to @CaptainSnickerz.

So, what is the differences between Water Manipulation and Water Smash?

• Water Manipulation can be redirected, this cannot.
  • Water Manipulation is bendable from any water source, this only involves water/ice.
  • Water Manipulation is almost no cooldown normally, this will have a 4 second cooldown.
  • You can throw multiple Water Manipulation, this move can only be used once before the cooldown starts.
  • Water Smash (Now) will be Ice Smash if used on ice instead of water. Water manipulation cannot be frozen.
  • Water Smash will do more knockback than damage. Ice Smash will do more damage than knockback.
You can see that it is clearly different from Water Manipulation. If someone says Water Smash is just like a bigger Water Manipulation, then Earth Smash is just a bigger Earth Blast.
Even though Water Smash will not be ride-able since we have Water Wave for that, I think this move will not throw PK out of balance.

It would start out as the user holding shift for 3 seconds. After 3 seconds if the user releases on water, it will look like the picture below. If the user releases shift on ice, it will be a frozen ver.

For the offensive purposes, it's the same as Earth Smash, you left click and it fires in that direction.

For defensive purposes, if you have the water ver. it will block simple fire moves like Fire Blast. If you have the ice ver. it will block all the elements basic moves.

As far as damage output, I think 4 HP (2 hearts) of damage is perfect for Ice Smash. It will have little to none knockback though. The Water Smash would do 2 HP, (1 heart) but will have the knockback of Surge (Day).

Last edited:

CaptainSnickerz

Verified Member
I know that @coastyo denied this move because it was too similar to water manipulation. I'm here to try and revise his move so it is more different than water manipulation. The idea Water Smash belongs to @CaptainSnickerz.

So, what is the differences between Water Manipulation and Water Smash?

• Water Manipulation can be redirected, this cannot.
  • This is bendable from any water source, this only involves water/ice.
  • Water Manipulation is almost no cooldown normally, this will have a 4 second cooldown.
  • You can throw multiple Water Manipulation, this move can only be used once before the cooldown starts.
  • Water Smash (Now) will be Ice Smash if used on ice instead of water. Water manipulation cannot be frozen.
  • Water Smash will do more knockback than damage. Ice Smash will do more damage than knockback.
You can see that it is clearly different from Water Manipulation. If someone says Water Smash is just like a bigger Water Manipulation, then Earth Smash is just a bigger Earth Blast.
Even though Water Smash will not be ride-able since we have Water Wave for that, I think this move will not throw PK out of balance.

It would start out as the user holding shift for 3 seconds. After 3 seconds if the user releases on water, it will look like the picture below. If the user releases shift on ice, it will be a frozen ver.

For the offensive purposes, it's the same as Earth Smash, you left click and it fires in that direction.

For defensive purposes, if you have the water ver. it will block simple fire moves like Fire Blast. If you have the ice ver. it will block all the elements basic moves.

As far as damage output, I think 4 HP (2 hearts) of damage is perfect for Ice Smash. It will have little to none knockback though. The Water Smash would do 2 HP, (1 heart) but will have the knockback of Surge (Day).

make it say katara instead of meee <3 very nice

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
No offense here, but quoting something I've seen staff before, we don't want retextured versions of the same moves for each element. Each element is unique in the different styles of their attacks. It's pretty much just a slightly less circular earthsmash but with ice, or water.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I feel like this is combining earthsmash and surgeshield, with things like knockback thrown in... And ice isn't really occurent enough to effectively use IceSmash.

paliate

Verified Member
dude what is with your fonts size.
your hurting me here.

*sits back in seat so that i can read this properly*

CaptainSnickerz

Verified Member
did you guys actualy read all of it? the only thing thats like water manip is the source and fire... the mechanics are different, its an upgrade to water manip? dont you understand that? its not water manip its the next level.. so i really dont see how this is the same thing.... its like earthsmash for waterbendingers you're pretty much saying that no moves can be transfered through element.. you're so wrong!

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
did you guys actualy read all of it? the only thing thats like water manip is the source and fire... the mechanics are different, its an upgrade to water manip? dont you understand that? its not water manip its the next level.. so i really dont see how this is the same thing.... its like earthsmash for waterbendingers you're pretty much saying that no moves can be transfered through element.. you're so wrong!
Yes, I'm saying you can't just take a move and retexture it for another element. Bending would be much less interesting and unique if we did that. Imagine if all blast attacks acted exactly like fire blast, the element shooting out of your hand, at the same speed, doing the same amount of damage. It would be terrible.

Also, nobody ever said it was anything like watermanipulation. Hero said something in the post about water manipulation, but the words water manipulation are never even used in our responses... Did you actually read what we said?
It's pretty much just a slightly less circular earthsmash but with ice, or water.
I feel like this is combining earthsmash and surgeshield, with things like knockback thrown in... And ice isn't really occurent enough to effectively use IceSmash.

CaptainSnickerz

Verified Member
Yes, I'm saying you can't just take a move and retexture it for another element. Bending would be much less interesting and unique if we did that. Imagine if all blast attacks acted exactly like fire blast, the element shooting out of your hand, at the same speed, doing the same amount of damage. It would be terrible.

Also, nobody ever said it was anything like watermanipulation. Hero said something in the post about water manipulation, but the words water manipulation are never even used in our responses... Did you actually read what we said?
then we must get rid of earthblast or watermanip :/ this is about the diff between water manip and watersmash which should really be waterblast, everyone keeps going on about different styles having the same moves..... lol cmon, this is like saying Iroh was wrong for inventing lightning redirection...

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
then we must get rid of earthblast or watermanip :/ this is about the diff between water manip and watersmash which should really be waterblast, everyone keeps going on about different styles having the same moves..... lol cmon, this is like saying Iroh was wrong for inventing lightning redirection...
Except Iroh was a fictional character who wasn't designing a bending plugin. Lightning redirection may be inspired by waterbender techniques, but it is not a retextured copy of any other bending form. It's still unique. I'm not aware of any waterbending form where you pass the water through your body. Your logic continues to confuse me.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Wait so this is just Earth Smash made of water? Water shouldn't be that chunky, and it compares to Earth Smash to much. I don't think ProjectKorra wants to rip off other moves for other elements to create new ones for specific elements. The move isn't a bad concept, but I don't think it's a perfect fit for the plugin. Maybe a addon, but not the plugin. If anything this move needs to be rethought to not match Earth Smash so much.

Hero

Verified Member
Wait so this is just Earth Smash made of water? Water shouldn't be that chunky, and it compares to Earth Smash to much. I don't think ProjectKorra wants to rip off other moves for other elements to create new ones for specific elements. The move isn't a bad concept, but I don't think it's a perfect fit for the plugin. Maybe a addon, but not the plugin. If anything this move needs to be rethought to not match Earth Smash so much.
If anything, it should be made of ice imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.