• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [WATERBENDING] [NEWMOVE] Water Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
This move, Water Pressure, would allow a waterbender to walk on water. This was inspired by Chi Leap.

The user would simply hover or the move in the hotbar and the move will activate
(like water bubble used to) and will stay for as long as you hover over the move.

If you are wondering why not just use water spout, thats because if you want to charge a move or simply a move that involves shift, you have to hold space for the entire time. With Water Pressure Manipulaion, you can just walk on the water and do whatever move you desire.

To show this move is canon. The important part is in bold because @TheBlueSpirit decided to only take part of the quote. >.>

"Water pressure manipulation: Waterbenders are also able to manipulate water pressure, allowing them to use water to grasp other objects or cut through without simply parting around them. Water can be used as a semi-solid while being able to move and flow like a liquid. Water can be pressurized to such a level where it can slice through metal. Waterbenders can also use this to avoid sinking in water, effectively allowing them to walk on water, as demonstrated by Katara multiple times." -Avatar Wiki

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Why is this needed? You can just freeze the water you're about to walk on with phase change, like the waterbenders did in the show. And also, this wouldn't work, based on bending logic.
Bout to drop some science on y'all. You can't just make water dense enough for a human to walk on (in the realm of physics) in any way other than changing it's state to a solid(ice). I know bending tends to go outside of the realm of the science, but for the most part it stays in it.
Waterbenders pick things and people up with water bending by enveloping them in water, like when Ming Hua bends Bolin in that watersphere or the water arms grasping around people, with water on most sides of them. She's actively bending that water, and they're being caught up in that force. By that logic, you'd have to be gripping your feet in little water shoes while actively bending your feet around, and not just using this so called pressurized water under them. Also, a lot of the times when she's grabbing things with her waterarms she makes them ice at the end. Note the key word at the in the wiki:
Water can be used as a semi-solid
Semi-solid. Given that waterbenders never use this type of pressurizing to walk on water, and always use ice for that purpose, it just doesn't make sense. Again, I ask, why not just use the simpler thing that is without a doubt canon, making ice where you're going to walk?

Here's how you could have the same type of move, but this time making sense with how waterbending works.
Maybe this could be some sort of move where you make little ice platforms to step on, like we've seen a few times in the show. I think. Whatever waterblock you're over turns to an iceblock? Or if that will cause you to fall, maybe a very small radius of blocks around you, like a 4by4. Something like that.
(Upped in size so Hero can read it, sorry to everyone else whose eyes I might inadvertently strain)

Moonelight

Verified Member
I like the concept & how you thought it out, but in the long run it would lead to some over powered styles of bending.
I don't think the whole science part is necessary, but the effects are. Right now my opinion is that you could just use phase change instead.

But I think the idea is cool.

Hero

Verified Member
I like the concept & how you thought it out, but in the long run it would lead to some over powered styles of bending.
I don't think the whole science part is necessary, but the effects are. Right now my opinion is that you could just use phase change instead.

The problem with phasechange is when you walk on it, I tend to unleash ice spike hell on people.

Hero

Verified Member
Why is this needed? You can just freeze the water you're about to walk on with phase change, like the waterbenders did in the show. And also, this wouldn't work, based on bending logic.
Bout to drop some science on y'all. You can't just make water dense enough for a human to walk on (in the realm of physics) in any way other than changing it's state to a solid(ice). I know bending tends to go outside of the realm of the science, but for the most part it stays in it.
Waterbenders pick things and people up with water bending by enveloping them in water, like when Ming Hua bends Bolin in that watersphere or the water arms grasping around people, with water on most sides of them. She's actively bending that water, and they're being caught up in that force. By that logic, you'd have to be gripping your feet in little water shoes while actively bending your feet around, and not just using this so called pressurized water under them. Also, a lot of the times when she's grabbing things with her waterarms she makes them ice at the end. Note the key word at the in the wiki:
Semi-solid. Given that waterbenders never use this type of pressurizing to walk on water, and always use ice for that purpose, it just doesn't make sense. Again, I ask, why not just use the simpler thing that is without a doubt canon, making ice where you're going to walk?

Here's how you could have the same type of move, but this time making sense with how waterbending works.
Maybe this could be some sort of move where you make little ice platforms to step on, like we've seen a few times in the show. I think. Whatever waterblock you're over turns to an iceblock? Or if that will cause you to fall, maybe a very small radius of blocks around you, like a 4by4. Something like that.
(Upped in size so Hero can read it, sorry to everyone else whose eyes I might inadvertently strain)
Did you not read the entire thing? It even said that it can prevent them from drowning, walking on water. I wish you would read the entire thing and not just look for keywords to bash at.

Hero

Verified Member

The second option keeps it from being over powered since they have to constantly hover on the hotbar to make it active.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Just speed swim with any move that allows it, waterspout or use phasechange.. We really don't need water benders becoming Jesus.

HydroMan

Verified Member
If they are shielding, then I surge them from behind :p
what?
I said use the ice/water-shield thing infront of icebenders which that wall will cover the block you are standing that they couldn't click and make icespike below you!

Hero

Verified Member
Just speed swim with any move that allows it, waterspout or use phasechange.. We really don't need water benders becoming Jesus.
You cant attack while speed swiming. Phasechange can leave you open to ice spike spam. The whole point was so you didnt have to use water spout. Its canon.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Did you not read the entire thing? It even said that it can prevent them from drowning, walking on water. I wish you would read the entire thing and not just look for keywords to bash at.
but its illogiciak for you talk on water (unless u r JEZUS )

Hero

Verified Member
but its illogiciak for you talk on water (unless u r JEZUS )
Its in bold!!!

Waterbenders can also use this to avoid sinking in water, effectively allowing them to walk on water, as demonstrated by Katara multiple times." -Avatar Wiki

HydroMan

Verified Member
They way I say your post was if they are on ice, they can surge shield blocking your vision. I tend to push them from behind. :p Thats what I ment, sorry for the confusion.
i meant like if you are surgeshielding you can block their icespike attack from below you

Hero

Verified Member
i meant like if you are surgeshielding you can block their icespike attack from below you
I dont, I know not to fight waterbenders on ice lol. This is for fighting on water because the water with particles wont be bendable.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Its in bold!!!

Waterbenders can also use this to avoid sinking in water, effectively allowing them to walk on water, as demonstrated by Katara multiple times." -Avatar Wiki
"as demonstrated by Katara multiple times."
Canon video/gif? if not ,then that point is a lie.

Hero

Verified Member
"as demonstrated by Katara multiple times."
Canon video/gif? if not ,then that point is a lie.
That is what came up when I searched for water pressure manipulation. I can look for more if you are not satisfied. I dont believe it was shallow enough to stand on because it would've shown the ground. And water pressure manipulation is needed to learn water spout.

Status
Not open for further replies.