• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied WaterArms

Would you like to see this in the plugin?

• Yes

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs to be balanced some more

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Celesteia

Verified Member
Hello, this is an idea I have for a new skill for Waterbenders. Everything element has gotten a new skill except water... making it underpowered compared to the other elements. Fire got combustion bending, Earth got metalbending and lavabending, and air got suffocate. Here is an idea I have to balance it out a little bit.

Water Arms (Based off of Ming Hua's prosthetic water arms in the anime)

To activate, shift on a water source, then tap (not hold) shift once again after that to cloak your arms in water. They appear as blocks in front of you, about 8-10 blocks long, in curvy lines. They stay there even if you move to a different slot, however, limiting you to what abilities you can use.

Left click while you have water arms to attack something in an 8-10 block radius, dealing a good amount of damage. They are also able to deflect certain abilities if they are timed right, such as IceSpike, EarthBlast, etc. (These attacks will still hit the bender unless they are deflected)

If you right click with your water arms and an entity is in range of your water arms (8-10 blocks) you will hit them away with the force of a Knockback 1 weapon. However, if you right click on a block, you will be pulled over to that block instead, allowing you to jump and scale walls, move around quicker, etc.

Another ability that should be added is a sort of side-ability to these water arms, ice blades. (Ming Hua is able to freeze the ends of her water arms into very sharp ice, striking opponents with even more power)

When pressing shift, the 3 end blocks of your water arms will turn into solid, sharp, ice.

Left clicking will do the same as the water arms, except doing more damage and applying a very, very small slowness 1 effect to the entity hit.

Right clicking will shoot the two ice blades to your opponent, both going in an 8-10 block radius.

If an entity is hit if you Shift+left click, they will be in-cased in ice and trapped at the end of your water arm until they are released with right click, and will be thrown a long way, taking damage.

Please leave some constructive criticism for this idea, whether it's too strong, too weak, etc.

Chen

Verified Member
In minecraft you only control you're right hand, so if this was implemented you would need a way that would incorporate you're left hand, which would be extremely hard to execute coding wise, otherwise you would have 1 useless water arm.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
In minecraft you only control you're right hand, so if this was implemented you would need a way that would incorporate you're left hand, which would be extremely hard to execute coding wise, otherwise you would have 1 useless water arm.
You wouldn't necessarily need to have a left hand to use a left arm.. You could just have it alternate which arm is used every time you click (left-right-left-right...)

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
2014-08-28_10.41.37.pngMaybe it could look like this? Without the glass of coarse. Then like the previous comment, the arm attacking would switch. I think this move is really good.

CallumPriestley

Verified Member
View attachment 53Maybe it could look like this? Without the glass of coarse. Then like the previous comment, the arm attacking would switch. I think this move is really good.
I actually love this idea... im sure it would be a tough job coding but would be an awesome move! If you could left click projectiles to block them that would be good too!

owlcool

Verified Member
Maybe you can left click projectiles in the air to block them. That would add in a certain level of skill. But of coarse, it would rely on lack of lag. And the bending plugin does not help that.

xXturbokidXx

Verified Member
Maybe, if the coders would like to use each arm separately, right click could be the right arm, and left click could be the left arm. I don't know if that's possible, if it isn't then maybe click with just left click and both arms would move then.