• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Waterarms aesthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I think right now waterarms needs a make-over, don't you people agree? I feel like it looks horrible (no offense @jedk1), therefor I'm gonna b a fashion designer in this post, explaining what needs to be done and changed.

Waterarms don't look like arms as they are rn. We get a flying tentacles that are merely connected to the actual physical arms. How do we go on fixing that? Just simply redesign the construct of the technique, with nice looking particles (aka. splash) that cover up user's arms completely, connected to and with or without the tentacles. If changed to be without the tentacles, then have them appear whenever (s)he clicks and tries to reach through stuff while pull, punch and spear is selected. Freeze could activate off hand slot and conjure in both hands ice block items with particles or just have the whole arms covered with them as drop entities. (With those items appearing, right clicking could be involved with the rapid fire as a requirement).

k Lol bye.

jedk1

I somewhat agree. When I originally made WaterArms. It was a proof of concept ability that somehow became a main ability. However, I do not feel changing it to particles would do it justice. That's an awful lot of particle packets to send to someone.

paliate

Verified Member
sounds like you're just trying to lag people haha.
but honestly, i don't feel like this is necessary what-so-ever.
waterarms has been out for a somewhat longtime now but some abilities (for example waterspout) didn't get a make-over until years later. and i don't think waterarms is at that stage where it is horrifying to look at.

i'd much rather have devs focus on something more pressing than this.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I don't think this new visual would be very good... If you wanted to spam a bunch of particles on your hands, it'd be silly and laggy. This redesign isn't so good, but a remodeling of how the move looks may be a good idea..

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.