• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Water] Wave combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
By moving a large mass of water without separating it from its original source, waterbenders can create waves of nearly any size. They do this by using an upward movement that raises the source, which they subsequently send away in their desired direction. This can be used to sweep opponents away or even as a form of transport, with the bender surfing on the crest of the wave. This same process can be used to propel waterborne crafts.
Hmm... Interesting... I can't wait to be able to do this in a Minecraft server! Oh, wait. I'm not able to do this in a Minecraft server... Oh well...

Suggestion:
I suggest a new combo to the Waterbending arsenal. This combo would consist in "moving a large mass of water blah blah blah".

Controls:
  • Combo sequence: WaterManipulation (click) > WaterManipulation (Click) > Surge (Tap Shift)
  • Note: The last combo sequence step, Surge, should be made while looking into water.
  • After the combo: Surge (click) to send a wave into the direction you were looking.
  • After the combo: Surge (click while looking at an entity) to send a wave that will smash the entity.
  • Note: the waterbender must be at max, one block from the water body to perform this if the water body is 4x4x2 (in smaller bodies, the combo wouldn't apply); if it is between 4 and 8x8x3 water bodies, the waterbender can be at max 3 blocks away from the source. If the water body volume is bigger than 8x8x3, the waterbender can be at max 7 blocks away from the source.
Description:
  • This combo would allow a waterbender to manipulate a mass of water without cutting its source.
  • After tapping shift while looking into water in the Surge slot, a one block tall water sphere would rise. If you start moving in a paralel to the water source, the water would follow your path, keeping always the same distance between you two, in a shell form, getting bigger as you collect more water to your wave. The wave will push anything on its way.
  • If the waterbender clicks while performing the combo, he/she will shoot the water wave in the direction he/she was looking. The wave would collect more water if it crosses with it and get stronger. The stronger it gets, the more knockback it deals.
  • This water wave will get more powerful the more it moves through a water body. Per example, a wave created in a small lake is weaker than one created in an ocean.
  • The wave would be one block tall when created, and extendend to the maximum of seven blocks high. Once it outranges the waterbender's range, the would slowly dissipate. If the wave continues its path to a point where it is cut from its source, the wave would burst into the ground/wall, smashing soft blocks (sand, dirt, glass and variants) in a pushing-like motion, turning it into falling blocks (?) and entities (four hearts of damage). If the entity is inside water and the waterbender clicks on it, the wave would burst in water and push the entity down.
  • Note: the highest place is the waterbender, the taller and larger the wave can be. The hight of the wave in the description is related to the waterbender, not to its water source.
  • Note: the water body's shape would react to the wave. if it is a tight river, the wave wouldn't grow too much than 2/3 high of the river's wide.
Night/ Full Moon buffs:
The water wave would grow bigger up to 10 blocks at night time, dealing the same damage and 12 blocks at Full Moon, dealing one more heart of damage.
Weakness(es):
  • WaterBubble;
  • Solid walls;
  • FireBurst.
Cooldown:
Fifteen seconds.
Pros:
  • Strengthes waterbenders that are near water bodies. The bigger the water body, the bigger the waterbender's power.
  • Includes the basic waterbending form, recreated from the Moon: Waves.
Cons:
  • Promotes water campers.
In-show demonstration:

In-game demonstration:
Coming soon.

Thanks for reading. As this combo seems a little too complex, I may change something futurely.

NickC1211

Verified Member
I think it's a great idea but I'm confused whether you want it to be like a surge wave or like a huge stream of water as shown in the first gif.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
I think it's a great idea but I'm confused whether you want it to be like a surge wave or like a huge stream of water as shown in the first gif.
This is what I was afraid of xD It would work as a wave when it is in contact with a water body. When it disconnects, like when Katara bursted it into Azula, it would act as a stream.

RobagNetwork

Verified Member
I really like this idea! But, I'm confused to how you activate it. So you double left click with WaterManipulation, then look at water and tap sneak with Surge? Then that would create a huge wave like in the second gif? But how do you make the stream? I'd suggest clicking in a direction to move the stream, then being able to move it around, and possibly blocking other moves, and finally coming down on your opponent, dealing damage and whatnot, bursting on the ground. Overall I like this idea a lot.

Last edited:

orfeas

Verified Member
Verryyyy nice.I had the same question with @NickC1211 but I understood it.This will actually will be the first water move/combo in witch the body of water matters.100% support it

Status
Not open for further replies.