• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Water] WaterManipulation Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Verified Member
Before they swam down 2 blocks they are already dead by wmanip spam.
Watermani only deals 3 dmg or so (1.5 hearts) and has 1 second cooldown.. so no they aren't dead quickly. To kill someone with only watermanipulations if they all do 1.5 hearts dmg it would take 6 seconds or so not including reaction times and that not all might hit.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Watermani only deals 3 dmg or so (1.5 hearts) and has 1 second cooldown.. so no they aren't dead quickly. To kill someone with only watermanipulations if they all do 1.5 hearts dmg it would take 6 seconds or so not including reaction times and that not all might hit.
If you want to prevent someone from swimming to the bottom of a lake, there is 1 simple move to do that:

Phasechange

owlcool

Verified Member
So basically, if it is a average ocean biome, then a earthbender could get killed in 7 seconds if you are unlucky and have a brain.

Joeri

Verified Member
If you want to prevent someone from swimming to the bottom of a lake, there is 1 simple move to do that:

Phasechange
That doesn't really prevent anything, you can freeze the water so they are standing on ice. but then firebenders could firejet away and earthbenders would just walk off
And while your in ice you can't be attacked

owlcool

Verified Member
yep, but i have killed people faster with other elements so its not that OP
Other Elements: Lavaflow, basically someone falling into lava and dieing, easily dodgible and sometimes disabled.
Fire: Blaze spam against low health people at best.
Earth: Earthblast spam at a extremely close range only noobs will let people enter, or people with luck can enter.
Air: Aircatapulting someone else.
Chi: Rapidpunch on mcmmo servers.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
That doesn't really prevent anything, you can freeze the water so they are standing on ice. but then firebenders could firejet away and earthbenders would just walk off
And while your in ice you can't be attacked
Just wait for them to be like 2 blocks underwater, then freeze it, then they suffocate.

Sketz

Verified Member
Fire & Air, Have sources they use, just because It's minecraft, don't really make it any different.
Air of course uses "Air" in minecraft, a source you can't really see.

Fire uses the sun as It's source. Fire is a very powerful element if used correctly.
I'm not trying to be cocky, however, if you fought me, You would surly see how great fire can be.

Sometimes i take down people too fast, where it just pisses them off. However I've probably grown weak with fire by now maybe.
Since I no longer have a working computer.

Can't you just configure your watermanipulation? I didn't read much information on what you want changed, so yeah. :/
Fire is strong though, but I've seen powerful benders, that actually can beat fire. Such as a good earthbender on my server.

He uses EarthSmash as a great earthbending skill, However some servers probably do not provide a move to their players.
Waterbenders, I feel are an easy prey. No matter how far they try to go, I chase them down >=)

Welp, Those are my thoughts. :)

owlcool

Verified Member
Fire & Air, Have sources they use, just because It's minecraft, don't really make it any different.
Air of course uses "Air" in minecraft, a source you can't really see.

Fire uses the sun as It's source. Fire is a very powerful element if used correctly.
I'm not trying to be cocky, however, if you fought me, You would surly see how great fire can be.

Sometimes i take down people too fast, where it just pisses them off. However I've probably grown weak with fire by now maybe.
Since I no longer have a working computer.

Can't you just configure your watermanipulation? I didn't read much information on what you want changed, so yeah. :/
Fire is strong though, but I've seen powerful benders, that actually can beat fire. Such as a good earthbender on my server.

He uses EarthSmash as a great earthbending skill, However some servers probably do not provide a move to their players.
Waterbenders, I feel are an easy prey. No matter how far they try to go, I chase them down >=)

Welp, Those are my thoughts. :)
On the server I used to Main it had a giant ocean right near a warp to the arena, inside the arena. Paints the picture in your mind that watercampers seem like they could get away from you.

HadesDude

Verified Member
So basically, if it is a average ocean biome, then a earthbender could get killed in 7 seconds if you are unlucky and have a brain.
In an average forest an earthbender could earthgrab and earthblast the hell out of you. They could even use EarthTunnel to get you away from any nearby sources you may want to use.

owlcool

Verified Member
In an average forest an earthbender could earthgrab and earthblast the hell out of you. They could even use EarthTunnel to get you away from any nearby sources you may want to use.
Use torrent. A earthbender is a EARTHBENDER. If they use shockwave, just push the torrent above the wave. If they use earthblast, either watermanipulation from a leave or grass, and I am not thinking of any real answers to how earthtunnel can be used to get a waterbender away from a water source, much less why a earthbender would have earthtunnel binded during pvp.

HadesDude

Verified Member
Use torrent. A earthbender is a EARTHBENDER. If they use shockwave, just push the torrent above the wave. If they use earthblast, either watermanipulation from a leave or grass, and I am not thinking of any real answers to how earthtunnel can be used to get a waterbender away from a water source, much less why a earthbender would have earthtunnel binded during pvp.
Kind of hard to torrent in an earthgrab. I'd love to see you attempt this method against someone with actual skill though.

owlcool

Verified Member
Kind of hard to torrent in an earthgrab. I'd love to see you attempt this method against someone with actual skill though.
If they use earthgrab then just use waterwave and get out of it, and maybe even further away from them.

HadesDude

Verified Member
If they use earthgrab then just use waterwave and get out of it, and maybe even further away from them.
Okay then, have fun getting waterwave to work in a forest. Leaves are a pretty glitchy source. Also, last time I checked the water to create the waterwave cannot go through blocks... So grass isn't really going to help unless you're lucky enough to have some trapped with you.

owlcool

Verified Member
Okay then, have fun getting waterwave to work in a forest. Leaves are a pretty glitchy source. Also, last time I checked the water to create the waterwave cannot go through blocks... So grass isn't really going to help unless you're lucky enough to have some trapped with you.
Or leaves from a tree since this is a forest...And last time I checked it is hard to actually earthgrab somebody.

HadesDude

Verified Member
Or leaves from a tree since this is a forest...And last time I checked it is hard to actually earthgrab somebody.
Leaves are super unreliable and it's not hard to earthgrab whatsoever, sounds like you've been using the wrong plugin if that's the case.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Leaves are super unreliable and it's not hard to earthgrab whatsoever, sounds like you've been using the wrong plugin if that's the case.
for waterwave from a leave, just do hold shift > click instead click > hold shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.