• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[Water] WaterArms change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Greeting, Earthlings.

I have been watching "Legend of Korra" for the... meh-th time, and I can't not be amused to how Ming-Hua was able to always use few water in her advantage. Even when using only the Water Arms technique, she was able to push herself into the air and slap her foes from the sky.

Before changes:
At the moment, the WaterArms technique has five sub-abilities: Pull (pulls entities by clicking), Punch (punches entities by clicking), Grapple (grapples the waterbender by clicking), Freeze (shoots ice blocks by clicking) and Spear (launches an ice spear by arm by clicking).
Suggestion:
I suggest to add another function to the sub-ability Punch in the WaterArms technique. This new function would consist in the water pushing the ground, making the waterbender rise.

Controls:
  • Hold Shift while looking down in the Punch slot. In addition, tap shift while looking down while running to jump 3 block high and 3 in the direction you were running.
  • Release shift to go down.
  • Change slot to cancel.
Description:
  • It would arise the waterbender four blocks high in half a second when the waterbender holds shift while looking down. The waterbender will keep standing only on his/her WaterArms for as long as the waterbender holds shift or until he/she is hit.
  • If the waterbender release shift, he would fall the four blocks, taking zero fall damage, but if the waterbender is hit, he/she will fall the four blocks (plus any knockback the hit caused him/her) taking all the fall damage.
  • This ability can be used to absorb the fall damage if used in the perfect timing, but the WaterArms won't raise the waterbender, diminishing the falling speed. If, per example, the waterbender is ten blocks high from the ground and holds shift once he jumps, the WaterArms will cushion the four blocks (default), but won't protect the waterbender from the ten. So, if my Maths are right, the waterbender will take damage as if he/she fell from a six blocks high tower.
Damage taken by the Waterbender (blocks measures) = Number of blocks fallen while holding shift - Four blocks.​
  • With this, if the waterbender is four blocks from the ground and holds shift at that moment, he won't lose any health.
Night/Full Moon buffs:
None.​
Weakness:

The WaterArms can be cut by AirSwipe, FireBlast, EarthBlast, WaterManipulation or stronger versions.
Cooldown:
Because such an ability to dodge moves is way too powerful to spam, it would have a three seconds cooldown, by default.
After changes:
If this gets implemented, the WaterArms technique would have five sub-abilities: Pull (pulls entities by clicking), Punch (punches entities by clicking, launch the player upwards by taping/holding shift), Grapple (grapples the waterbender by clicking), Freeze (shoots ice blocks by clicking) and Spear (launches an ice spear by arm by clicking).

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked it. Even if these changes don't fit at the moment to the plugin, I hope one day they will. Professional kind of feedback will be apreciated.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Offtopic question: ARE YOU AN ALIEN? :O

Actually, waterarms has another sub-ability, called "Grab".
Seems good, but I don't like how the player will look like when holding sneak (being bent as if he is farting). How about (if possible) we make it so that the player would require to hold space instead of sneak?

Everytine is ok, but i think the hitting would work when attack with only some certain abilities and would require to be hit a diffrent couple times for each certains projectiles (like earthblast requires 3 times)

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
  • No, I'm not an alien... To you.
  • I'm sorry, fixing that.
  • It could actually be made into another sub-ability, I just thought that if every new sub-ability gets a slot, we will run out of slots. Besides, the creators of WaterArms affirmed that when they created it, they were thinking in filling up all nine slots.
  • It would look nice. I meant shift to be used as an animation, like the waterbender is whiping the ground.
  • Agreed.
  • Well thought.
  • Thanks.
  • No, I haven't. Pull?

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Offtopic question: ARE YOU AN ALIEN? :O

Actually, waterarms has another sub-ability, called "Grab".
Seems good, but I don't like how the player will look like when holding sneak (being bent as if he is farting). How about (if possible) we make it so that the player would require to hold space instead of sneak?

Everytine is ok, but i think the hitting would work when attack with only some certain abilities and would require to be hit a diffrent couple times for each certains projectiles (like earthblast requires 3 times)

Though I think a charged fireblast would seem fair to cut an arm of water since a charged fireblast is explosive.

HydroMan

Verified Member
  • No, I haven't. Pull?
I'll say it otherwise.
Before changes:
At the moment, the WaterArms technique has five sub-abilities: Pull (pulls entities by clicking), Punch (punches entities by clicking), Grapple (grapples the waterbender by clicking), Freeze (shoots ice blocks by clicking) and Spear (launches an ice spear by arm by clicking).
After changes:
If this gets implemented, the WaterArms technique would have five sub-abilities: Pull (pulls entities by clicking), Punch (punches entities by clicking, launch the player upwards by taping/holding shift), Grapple (grapples the waterbender by clicking), Freeze (shoots ice blocks by clicking) and Spear (launches an ice spear by arm by clicking).
Nevermind, I could have sworn I didn't saw the alternative there written, s

SuperBower118

Verified Member
1. He was up close and 2. he used firejab or punch (something along those lines).
I'd still imagine that a blast of fire that can harm landscape can still have a similar effect. Though it might not completely break the water arm, I'd imagine that it would "weaken" it. Because of this, I'll change my opinion on this and say that a charged fireblast isn't enough to break a water arm, but a charged fireblast, and then a fireblast should be enough disturbance to break the arm.
The only problem I can see with this is the difficulty of actually getting the arm since 8/10 people will be flinging themselves around on the "grapple" feature

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.