• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water Skins

Crafting water skins for waterbending?

• Bending out of bottles is fine as it is

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Water skins are more true to the lore

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No preference

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Water Skins
In a similar manner to how metalbenders need to craft grappling hooks instead of simply using a fish rod, do you think it would be fair to make water skins craftable using leather as opposed to simply using bottles? Do you think it would just be an inconvenience considering it's already in the plugin without crafting them? And is this true to the original lore?

If such an idea were implemented, would it craft a water skin that is like the one we already use?
The crafting recipe might look something like this:

Or would it be like the grappling hook, using up charges as each waterbending move is used. In this manner, players don't have to worry about losing the water, only worry about running the waterskin dry instead.
The crafting recipe might look something like this:

Opinions, feedback, rants, comments, etc are all appreciated. c:

V

Vidcom

Water bottles are already a feature for exactly this reason. Just use normal bottles.

V

Vidcom

These serve literally exactly the same purpose, except they make it more complicated to pull off...

Gahshunk

Verified Member
These serve literally exactly the same purpose, except they make it more complicated to pull off...
Why must you break my spirit on wanting people's ideas D:
Besides, a similar notion can be placed on grappling hooks. It didn't need a crafting recipe, realistically. All I'm trying to do is get some ideas on the subject I:

V

Vidcom

Why must you break my spirit on wanting people's ideas D:
Besides, a similar notion can be placed on grappling hooks. It didn't need a crafting recipe, realistically. All I'm trying to do is get some ideas on the subject I:
:3

Gahshunk

Verified Member
You're good.
It kind of bothers me that grappling hooks have to be crafted
But it's also a matter of why would it even be bothered being implemented into the RPG plugin if, again, the core already has them. What I have here is an alternative seeing as waterbenders never really bent liquids out of vials.

I should have added a "Getting real tired of your crud, Gahshunk" option, lel.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You're good.
It kind of bothers me that grappling hooks have to be crafted
But it's also a matter of why would it even be bothered being implemented into the RPG plugin if, again, the core already has them. What I have here is an alternative seeing as waterbenders never really bent liquids out of vials. I should have added a "Getting real tired of your crud, Gahshunk" option, lel.
I think I'm the only staff member who never has any unread posts. If it's on this forum I have read it at least once, guaranteed.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I think this idea makes a bit more sense than bottles do. While using watermanipulation for this, the water wouldn't come back, it would just take the durability/use out of your bottle (making it much faster for waterbending).

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think this idea makes a bit more sense than bottles do. While using watermanipulation for this, the water wouldn't come back, it would just take the durability/use out of your bottle (making it much faster for waterbending).
That doesn't really make any more sense than the water coming back. Surely the waterbender can bend the water back in when finished using it (clearly Katara can)

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
That doesn't really make any more sense than the water coming back. Surely the waterbender can bend the water back in when finished using it (clearly Katara can)
Just think, you launched it off and it got all over your target.. Wouldn't it be kind of hard to pull all that water out of their clothes?

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It doesn't work that way with combat waterbending. They keep the water together and use it to slice and push.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
And no, it wouldn't. Katara pulled spilled water out of the desert sand and kept it clean.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
It doesn't work that way with combat waterbending. They keep the water together and use it to slice and push.
Valid point, but maybe it falls on the ground. You wouldn't sit and focus the manip back to you after you shot it if you had more water.. That'd just leave you vulnerable (as it does right now)

Gahshunk

Verified Member
It's true. Combative waterbending isn't all splash fights. Utilizing the water as a formidable weapon to create cuts, slices, and whips over and over again is waterbending.