• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water Legs - Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
Going to be completely honest here, don't know how possible this is and I am 70% sure no one has suggested this yet.

Several times in The Legend of Korra we see Ming Hua use an ability that connects to her stubs, where her arms used to be, and she is able to "stand" using the several legs made of water. I suggest we make this as an add-on to Water Arms some how, since it could be seen as related to Water Arms, or make it it's own ability. I can sort of see this as being a mix between Water Spout, but can go on land as well as over water, and Octopus Form.

Element: Water
Name: Water Legs/Tenticle Spout/Arms of Ming Hua? xD Idek anymore
Default: True
Description: This is a powerful waterbending technique that allows you to use water to walk on land. You are able to walk great distances on land and always have water by your side, as well as some offenses. To use, hold shift while looking at a water source. You will then be raised in the air by water and the legs will form beneath you. You can then use the WASD, or the walking keys you have set, to move around. You will notice a new Bending Board has shown, showing you your attacks you can use.

Developer Description: How I thought the beginning animation could be is sort of like a reverse torrent. When you shoot a torrent, the water shoots from you and towards where you are looking in a stream. Instead, here when you shift while looking at water, a stream will rise from the water source and come towards you. It will stop at your feet and begin to raise you just as water spout would. Once you reach max height, or stop moving, the water stream from the water source you were looking at will stop and a few other streams of water will branch out from the one you are on and begin to move around, just like the tentacles on Octopus Form. By the time this animation is done, your bending board will have been reset to the moves that are available in this ability, similarly to water arms. The extra moves are another suggestion I had. We could just make this a mobility move for water benders rather than a multiabilty move. If making it a multi ability is considerable, the other moves that are available would be basic moves really. You could use one of the tentacles to push away near by players. Another one can be used similarly like Torrent. When on this torrent-look-alike move, you left click and one of your tentacles disconnects from your spout and goes where your mouse is pointing. So you can only use this torrent-like moves a couple times before falling from your spout. Oh, with the push move, a the tentacle that reaches out would be like the torrent wave but look like the torrent stream. Any more ideas for other abilities to add-on to this would be neat!

I completely realize that if this is made into the multiability move that it would basically be taking other abilities that already exist and combining them together. Maybe there are some other suggestions someone has to better developer this suggestion. I would actually love if this were just a mobility move. You use the tentacles to move faster on land or climb hills and cliffs just like Ming Hua did. Thank you for your time!!

EDIT: For the mobility ONLY version of this move, no attakcs, I think it should be able to go a bit faster than walking on foot and, use to climb walls and cliffs, and possibly jump pretty high. Making this just to be clear.

Here is a visual representation of the idea.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
At first I was like no..... Then I read it and it sounds pretty cool. But do you get a speed boost, because then there would be no point if you went the same speed.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I would like to say there should be a bit of a speed boost. Nothing too much, but there should be a boost to make it worth while.

Green

Verified Member
Well you should have moves like climb up walls and jump high, you know utility type moves and also have an attack.

Fyf

Verified Member
This just seems like an unnecessary move and a possibly overpowered one if implemented.
There are already plenty of fast cross land waterbending mobility methods (surgejet, Waterwave, WaterPassive, WaterArms), having tentacle legs just seems kind of pointless at this moment in time.
This move would also not look aesthetically pleasing in my opinion, also half of the features of this move are covered by WaterArms grapple anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.